1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last
  1. Dsnuts Contributor
    So I read this entire thread and I ran into a few posts about JVC Spiral Dot tips not fitting the nozzle on the A5s correct. Or coming out of the nozzle when worn in the ear. I am gonna post a mod that might help guys explore much wider tips to experiment on the A5. Take a look at this pic.
    [​IMG]

The shape of these EDC phones are similar to the LZ A5 here I figure I would give this example. In fact what I have on here are Spiral Dots. So What I do is I take the smallest tips size the earphones come with. Throw the tips on the nozzle shaft of the phone backwards. Or top of the tip onto the nozzle first. If you see the top phone you can see what I did there. This increases the thickness of the nozzle quite a bit. I flip the rest of the tip onto the shell like the one on the bottom. Then you can throw on your Spiral dots/ whirlwind tips.This lets you throw in the widest bored tips you own. Spiral dots bore here are roughly 5mm wide and this will balance out bass to treble for a lot of people. Give this little mod a try. This might not work for everyone but it might work for you especially if you use medium to large tips sizes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    duyu, phthora and B9Scrambler like this.
  2. ericp10

I highly doubt shur olives will fit over the nozzles of the A5 (unless you de-core them). The shure stem is way narrower than the A5.

3. Bubblejuice
    I've been able to get shure olives on some KZ headphones which have similarly sizes nozzles, but since these have threads, you're right, it's probably not worth the risk. It takes a lot of torque and pressure.

4. bhazard
    There is a noticeable improvement in bass levels and clarity. All other areas are slightly better than the a4.

If you loved the a4, you'll love the a5 (once you dial it in to your liking)

salla45 likes this.
  5. ChrisHeld1989
    Thanks for the answer. I bought the A5 now. I am so excited how good they are compared to the Dunu DN-2000J and the Shockwave 3 (sibilance-version). :)

ericp10 likes this.
  6. Dsnuts Contributor
    So I got my A5 today. I can understand the treble talk people are having with them. However for me personally I would rather have some treble emphasis vs not having enough. One more quads are guilty of this. So these are extremely tip dependent. For me at least. I tried on my Spiral dots and it has the opposite affect of what I wanted which was to curb the upper highs a bit. If anything a wider bore accentuates the highs. So I tried the stock tips and I noticed upper highs had less emphasis over a wider bore tip.

Threw on my pure copper cable and comply foams and whala. Balanced sound, upper treble is tamed and sub bass is not as dominant. Tried listening to some of my most sibilant producing tracks and It sounds airy, spacious, detailed and balanced well with my cable and tip choice. It had the grey filters on there.

I haven't tried any of the other filters but I look forward to getting to know this sound. DSCF4015.JPG

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    duyu, PacoBdn, Ahmad313 and 2 others like this.
  7. expatriot
    What size comply does it take

8. Bubblejuice
    What cable is that?

9. Dsnuts Contributor
    Bubblejuice likes this.
  10. Dsnuts Contributor
    Pure copper gives a slight warmth to the sound while the comply foams take a touch off the upper most treble. Still retains the sound signature of the A5 but this combo right now sounds soo right! Lol.

Just ordered one of these. Has to be an LZ cable to go with an LZ phone. Gotta go balanced.

[​IMG]

11. Bubblejuice
    Have you ever tried Sony triple comfort?
    I've never been a fan of the whole "Squish and wait" thing with foam tips. Apparently the triple comfort give foam sound, but no need to squish, and they grip your ear more.

12. Ahmad313
    Nice, it looks really beautiful ,
    waiting for your thoughts about the A5 vs SD7+ ,

13. Ahmad313
    Yesterday I received my LZ crystal cooper cable for A4 and the results are same as you experienced with your A5 ,
    DSC_0006.JPG

Dsnuts likes this.
  14. Dsnuts Contributor
    The sony tips you mention have foams inbetween the silicone and the interior. I have some of those but from prior experience. Those help isolate a bit better than stock hybrids but does nothing to shape the sound. The stock tips are very close to the sony hybrids. I see those tips on a lot of Chi fi earphones. They are literally sony hybrid knock offs.

Don't know exactly why the Complys soften the upper most highs but they do for these earphones. It sounds more even in the highs for me using complys. Takes just a bit of the upper treble edge off. I will try n find my Sony foams to see how they sound.

@Bubblejuice. What sized tips do you use normally for a good seal in the ear?

So I just tried it. For my ears there is no question the Stock tips/ Sony hybrids/ comfort tips. They show some of that upper treble glare. As soon as I put on my complys it takes that edge off.

If any of you guys want just a touch of that upper treble smoothed out. Try complys.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Ahmad313 likes this.
  15. Dsnuts Contributor
    The sound presentation of the A5 has a great sense of air and space to it. It sounds high end. I have my new balanced cable I have to get here in a few weeks and will be making 100% sure these have the best tips and cables thrown in the mix and then I will be ready for some comparisons. I have a good understanding of my SD7 hybrid and the plus model so once I get these fully optimized I will throw in my input on how they sound. Right now as they are. These have about 40 hours of complete use before I bought them. So they are on the burn in as I type.

Ahmad313 likes this.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last