1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. Bubblejuice
    Thanks for the information! Personally, I'd rather have an adapter to EQ since I don't always have the same source. Would an impedance adapter drop where you say it's necessary?

I'm actually only experiencing a little sizzling (maybe more static like sound) in the T, Th, F, and Z sounds, no sibilance though. It's not bad, but it would be nice to have that under control. Also, I'm not a big fan of the grey or red filters, they don't have the same airiness the blacks do.

2. Brooko Contributor
    PacoBdn and Bubblejuice like this.
  3. Bubblejuice
  4. quartertone
    A4 - A5 comparison, anyone?

5. salla45
    +1 on this. Been waiting a looong time for some kind soul to post something substantial subjectively speaking, in this regard.

I'm really on the fence as to whether to take the plunge on the A5's mainly because I'm so pleased with my A4's. They sound so darned gooooood :)

6. Ahmad313
    Brooko when you will post your A5s review , or i missed something ,???

7. PacoBdn
    I can not understand that you complain about roughness in the highs when you are using black filters. Change them for the reds and you will notice the change, that's what they are for.
    And as @Brooko says, play with different tips. If I change the tips I have placed, it will also sound bad, like in any other IEM!

8. Bubblejuice
    The grey and red filters take away a little too much treble for me.

Again, I'm not complaining about "harshness", since it's really really minimal and mostly on certain songs. But if there's a way to make that go away and still keep the highs of the black tips, I'd rather do that.

Does that makes more sense?

PacoBdn likes this.
  9. Dsnuts Contributor
    You try comply foams? Comply makes these in all the popular sizes. I use a pair of these on my DN2000Js as those are known to have a bit of a sharpness to the highs. The tips don't change the signature of the phones but takes just a touch off the top. Enough to the point where they sound more balanced than silicones or wide bored tips.

The sweat guard on the nozzle takes a tiny bit of edge off the treble. Worth giving it a try.

[​IMG]

10. Bubblejuice
    Thank you for the recommendation.

I have not tried foams yet with these. But my problem with foam tips has usually been that they muddy the bass noticeably. I may order some shure olives and give it a shot regardless.

There is a pair of foam tips that comes with these, but I don't know how to get it in my ear. The foam doesn't really stay compressed long enough to get it in my ear.

11. Dsnuts Contributor
    When dealing with the treble on phones. Tips are pretty important. I have amassed a box of tips for tip rolling and continue to collecting different types of tips sometimes you will throw on a tip that don't work well for a phone to work really well with another. I read that wider bored tips work well for the A5.. Just ordered some of these after seeing some guys use them on the IT01 thread.

[​IMG]
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ten...e610-4e99-a1f0-351ed45fe0de&priceBeautifyAB=0

With foam tips you can crush the foams to be smaller and they will expand in your ear. Try that. Also get the right size of foams for your ear size that is important.

Complys for the most part don't muddy the bass but has more of an effect in the highs. There are some foams you can get for cheaper out of China on Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pa...html?spm=2114.11010108.01008.4.650c649bmHUzl1

In any case I am looking forward to getting the LZ A5. Will have them tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing them.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Bubblejuice likes this.
  12. Nezzad1
    Note 8 matches horribly in my oppinion. Output impedance too high. Mojo is fine, I use it that way.

13. salla45
    thanks, my main player would be the Fiio X7ii. Any pointers on that?

14. Nezzad1
    Nope :/

15. Bubblejuice
    Yeah, I have quite a wide variety of tips. But none of them eliminate that bit off harshness, just change the timbre a bit.

I also got a pair of the whirlwind type tips on aliexpress, but the bore was too large for the nozzle and kind of dangled on. I couldnt get a good fit. I'll be getting some more spiraldots soon my size, and some symbio wide bore. Maybe that will help.

What I meant is that when I crush them, they just spring back into shape. They don't stay crushed long enough to get them in my ear.

Thank you for the link. I may give those a shot at some point.

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last