1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. thejoker13
    This x1000! These may be the most tip dependent earphones that I own. Wide bore absolutely helped transform these into an extremely enjoyable listen.

ericp10 likes this.
  2. originalsnuffy
    I think these sound pretty good with the JVC Spiral Dots. But sometimes the tip comes off in my ear and it takes a bit of doing to get the tip out. So its not a perfect match.

3. ericp10
    Just got in this cable (crystal copper) today. With over 100 hours, these babies sound spectacular! I have the red filters on, but about to switch back to black. I'm using UE900 tips on it. Great sounding unit! I'm really enjoying the iem.

4. Ahmad313
    Have you tried any other wide bore tips,??

5. ericp10
    Those IT04 are going to have to bring some "sho-nuff" magic to beat the LA A5 on a performance/price basis. I'm hearing the IT04 (three BAs and 1 dynamic) will be in the $500 range (or north of it). If so, I don't even need to bother trying it out. I have found the secret sauce to make this LZ perform to max perfection.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. PacoBdn
    @Brooko,

Good afternoon,

Taking advantage of your deep knowledge in the IEMS section, what would you recommend about the $ 100/130 range with a profile similar to our fantastic LZ A5? I have the Ibasso IT01 that was my first serious IEM, I loved them, but since I have the A5 I find them uncomfortable and lacking in detail. Fiio F9 Pro or Magaosi K3 HD you think they are in this line. Basically I want them for when I go for a walk or I have to travel for work.

Thank you very much in advance.

7. Ahmad313
    as i read in IT01 thread the configuration of IT04 is 3BA +1DD total 4 drivers ,

ericp10 likes this.
  8. Brooko Contributor
    In that price range - FiiO F9 Pro for more reference with a touch of brightness, or Simgot EN700 Pro for something a little more vibrant and V shaped.

PacoBdn likes this.
  9. peter123
    I'm not Brooko but I wouldn't recommend the K3 HD, it doesn't hold a candle to the A5 (and honestly not even against quite a few $100 offerings) . Just my 2c....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    PacoBdn likes this.
  10. expatriot
    I'll add the Mee Pinnacle p2. Very comfortable like the P1, easier to drive and a mild V shape tone. $99

PacoBdn likes this.
  11. ericp10

You are correct. Thanks for letting me know.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  12. dbaker1981
    Can anybody compare these to the Brainwavz B400’s?

Ahmad313 likes this.
  13. meringo
    I'm gonna go to the 2nd day of NYC CanJam after all. This time I'm gonna arm myself with the LZ and directly compare to the IT04. The IT04 left one heck of an impression on me, as it was tough to tell it was a hybrid. Very cohesive.

The price difference is pretty big, though. $260 for the LZ makes it much more of a bargain compared the the $500 IT04.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  14. Ahmad313
    What is the sound signature of IT04 , it is V-shaped, balance,???

15. Bubblejuice
    I changed my mind about selling the A5s. Just a heads up.

I had a longer, more adequate session with the Campfire Andromeda today, and it made me appreciate the LZ-A5 a LOT more.

Let me know if you want more details.

Meanwhile, anyone know how the JVC Spiral dot affect the black filters? I got a pack of MS, but I'm definitely S size. So though I think I like what I hear, I'm not certain.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    PacoBdn, peter123 and salla45 like this.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last