1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. peter123

Seriously, if you find the HD800 too congested I'd just forget about IEM's (and probably even headphones) and just stick to speakers.

You won't find any IEM's with the same width as open headphones (it's kind of the law of nature) and the HD800 is probably wider than 99% of the headphones out there....

If you only hear hiss with volume on zero with the Magni and your laptop I'm positive it's the source. The Magni has quite high noise floor. There's a huge difference in sensibly to hiss for a pair of IEM's and full sized headphones and as already mentioned BAs can act pretty word with sub boards sources (ie not suited for IEM's).

phthora and Ahmad313 like this.
  2. atoff
    I don't find the HD800 too congested, but I don't think it's as open sounding as I like. I love my AKG K712's, and before that I liked the K702's, which aren't even very expensive. I'm getting hiss on my schiit combo, my DSS, and Soundblaster Z when it's at 0 volume. I'm hearing hiss with all devices when I turn up the volume.

3. Skullophile
    Do you have other sources you can try and test for hiss? Ones suitable for iems might help with that hiss.
    I hope you didn't listen to hd800 with those sources.

Does the included cable on the A5 have memory wire?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. atoff
    I've tested enough devices to conclude it's not the source. Schiit combo, DSS, Focusrite 6i6, Galaxy S8, Laptop, Sounblaster Z. If I need to use anything else at that point it's just not worth it.

5. Skullophile
    Try a DAP bro.

peter123 likes this.
  6. atoff
    Well, the S8 is basically a DAP. I can test my Ipad as well I suppose, but at this point I don't see a reason too. I really only use headphones for watching movies. I'll occasionally listen to music, but always through my PC.

7. atoff
    Is the connector supposed to be this loose?

The right side is tight, the left swivels very easily.

8. Bubblejuice
    It could possibly be the cable. I've had issues with cables creating hiss before. I think a $35 cable is a solid bet tbh. I'd contact LZ either way. Maybe they know what's up.

peter123 likes this.
  9. vladstef
    As long as it doesn't pop off easily, I'd call that a welcome feature. The other one will become similar after a year or two of regular usage. Having said this, if it's anoying to you or you are worried that it might not last long enough, you have a valid reason to complain.
    Switch L-R cables and see what is lose, if the other side now spins then it's the male connector on the cable and I wouldn't complain at all. If it's still spinning on the same side, then the female MMCX on the A5 is a bit loose and this is when you could consider your options.

10. Bubblejuice
    Is the housing made of plastic or metal?

11. robervaul
    I'd love to see a comparison with two others 1DD+4BA like Rhythmos SD7 and Shockwave III "mkII" (seems to have improved sibilance problems, maybe new drivers or damper).

12. duyu
    Correction: all metallic

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  13. jant71
    So, those threads on the housing are plastic? Not liking that for over $250. Plastic can get brittle over even a short time especially here where we have seasons and hot to cold extremes. Not great if the metal expands and contracts more than the plastic does.

14. Bubblejuice
    Yeah, That's kind of unfortunate if that's the case. Even if it's sturdy plastic, it's another thing to worry about.

15. audioIQ
    I actually prefer plastic. my shure se215 is pretty sturdy and very comfortable, so is the magaosi k5 due to the very light weight and soft feel that plastic offers. I've always had comfort and fit issues with metal IEM's, they tend to be slightly heavier/less comfortable and you always feel their presence in your ears, slightly nagging. I think thats the reason all of the Shure and Westone IEM's are plastic.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last