LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 6, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #5,221 of 5,225
Well, LZ has once again pulled me out of audio retirement, lol. I thought I was finished after buying the A7's, but couldn't resist when I saw they released an update to the classic A4's. I ordered them from Penon this morning, so now the long excruciating wait begins.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #5,222 of 5,225
graph (80).png

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #5,223 of 5,225
Wasn't really planning to buy anything during the 11/11 sale - - - but then I saw that Penon Audio had a $60 Discount on the LZ A4 Pro during their VIP 11/11 Sale.
So I ordered a set. :ksc75smile:
Looking forward to hearing the Pro model, since I really like my original set - purchased in December of 2016.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #5,224 of 5,225
It took just 10 days for the LZ A4 Pro to arrive at Houston, TX, from Penon.

One thing I've noticed, is that there's no printed reference in the box, for which color filter does what.
Although, I did find a bit of a description on the review page - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lz-a4-pro.25495/reviews

Out of the box, I installed the "extra" Gold Nozzles, using them with the Black Backs and the large Spin-Fit tips - to listen to some of my flac files (CD rips).
Their sound is very clear and detailed.
Just to compare, I switched to the Red Backs - and I do like the extra "oomph" in the Low Bass, without muddying up the Midrange.
Listening to the 1995 album, Once Upon a Time, from the renaissance festival band, Cantiga - and with the Gold Nozzles, the A4 Pro are just too bright for me, unless I turn the volume down lower than usual. Going to have to experiment with nozzles that tame the Treble a bit more.

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #5,225 of 5,225
It took just 10 days for the LZ A4 Pro to arrive at Houston, TX, from Penon.

One thing I've noticed, is that there's no printed reference in the box, for which color filter does what.
Although, I did find a bit of a description on the review page - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lz-a4-pro.25495/reviews

Out of the box, I installed the "extra" Gold Nozzles, using them with the Black Backs and the large Spin-Fit tips - to listen to some of my flac files (CD rips).
Their sound is very clear and detailed.
Just to compare, I switched to the Red Backs - and I do like the extra "oomph" in the Low Bass, without muddying up the Midrange.
Listening to the 1995 album, Once Upon a Time, from the renaissance festival band, Cantiga - and with the Gold Nozzles, the A4 Pro are just too bright for me, unless I turn the volume down lower than usual. Going to have to experiment with nozzles that tame the Treble a bit more.

Yes, the trick is always trying to reach a palpable treble level without too much dropout and mid bass overtake. Mid-bass freqs that overpower the sparkle you don't want to lose :rolling_eyes: Congrats on your A4 Pros :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back