LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4,727 of 5,225
How is everyone contacting penon? I have been trying to get a tracking-id from them the last few days without luck.
I mailed them at penonaudio@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #4,729 of 5,225
That's the email i have for them. I take it you didn't get an email saying your product is shipped?

Well, yes and no. Last friday I was asked to confirm my phone-number since I ordered with DHL Express but after that they have been quiet despite me asking (politely) both yesterday (as a reply to the original mail) and today via their form.
I guess I should be patient but since my last LZ A4 order was lost in the mail it has been a looong wait :D

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #4,730 of 5,225
Well, yes and no. Last friday I was asked to confirm my phone-number since I ordered with DHL Express but after that they have been quiet despite me asking (politely) both yesterday (as a reply to the original mail) and today via their form.
I guess I should be patient but since my last LZ A4 order was lost in the mail it has been a looong wait :D

Oh okay. i did get the same email for confirmation of my phone number and then about a day later, got my email with DHL and tracking. I'm sure its coming for you.

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #4,732 of 5,225
That's unfortunate that happened to you as well. My A4 was just refunded to me yesterday, as it got lost in the mail as well. I ended up just ordering the Nuforce HEM 8 instead of trying for the A4 again. Maybe one day we'll actually get to listen to them, ugh

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #4,733 of 5,225
My A4 was just refunded to me yesterday, as it got lost in the mail as well.

Ouch, yeah that sucks! To be honest I kind of counted on some of my orders (of all the millions of packages that gets sent during this shopping-craze) got lost .. I just wished for it to be the ones I ordered for fun..
I got a refund as well but got stubborn, I had to hear these (and I've been hyping them around work so .. pride) :D

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #4,734 of 5,225
Ok so while I wait for the black front filters to arive, I'm listening to the batman combo (a fellow head-fier named it that way, got stuck in the head) which is black back, gray front.

I used to listen to ONLY red back/ black front combo for more than 6 months, every day, for hours. Kind of formed my opinion in the start and I was lazy to switch filters.

Now that I'm using batman combo, I can say that bass has decreased quantity but increased quality compared to the red filter. Wow. I like it! Hits hard. Also gray front filters are really nice too. They are more detailed, and cleaner sounding. I'm really liking this combo. It's almost like I bought new earphones, and I love it!

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #4,735 of 5,225
Ok so while I wait for the black front filters to arive, I'm listening to the batman combo (a fellow head-fier named it that way, got stuck in the head) which is black back, gray front.

I used to listen to ONLY red back/ black front combo for more than 6 months, every day, for hours. Kind of formed my opinion in the start and I was lazy to switch filters.

Now that I'm using batman combo, I can say that bass has decreased quantity but increased quality compared to the red filter. Wow. I like it! Hits hard. Also gray front filters are really nice too. They are more detailed, and cleaner sounding. I'm really liking this combo. It's almost like I bought new earphones, and I love it!

Now try playing with red back, pink front. Pair it with memory foam eartip if you have one.

You'll be either amazed or disappointed by the bass.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #4,736 of 5,225
This is a common style of all sellers on Aliexpress when they don't have something in their stock they start playing this game (confirmation of phone number, zip code, address etc) and get some time to manage the stock,

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #4,737 of 5,225
Hey All :)

I shall be joining the ranks of the LZ-A4 crew in the next couple of weeks. To say I am excited is a HUGE understatement.

To get me started filter wise, I will be listening to Electronic Dance Music and all the sub genres around it. From the beautiful female vocals with lushious liquid Drum & Bass through to some exquisite breaks, trance, house, dubstep and it goes on and on and on.

Which filter combinations to get me going would you be so kind to suggest? Bass does play a big role but it most certainly is not everything!

Really appreciate any and all help. :)

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #4,738 of 5,225
Hey All :)

I shall be joining the ranks of the LZ-A4 crew in the next couple of weeks. To say I am excited is a HUGE understatement.

To get me started filter wise, I will be listening to Electronic Dance Music and all the sub genres around it. From the beautiful female vocals with lushious liquid Drum & Bass through to some exquisite breaks, trance, house, dubstep and it goes on and on and on.

Which filter combinations to get me going would you be so kind to suggest? Bass does play a big role but it most certainly is not everything!

Really appreciate any and all help. :)

Definitely the red back black front combination if you want to hear that bass pound and those synths and hi hats sing (with spin fits).

If youre sensitive to treble, I also really enjoy the black back grey front, but then the bass is a bit lacking. To fix this, I used JVC spiral dots. They allow a deeper insertion, combined with the wide bore, results in a slight bass bump.

If you really want to hear brain rattling bass, put the JVC spiral dots on the red back black front combo. I found it overwhelming, but it might satisfy that inner party animal.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #4,739 of 5,225
Hey guys, so I was at the gym today, and it sounded like the right side dynamic driver went off (I can still hear sound, but the bass is missing and it sounds muffled).

It seems some people have had problems with this too, but I don't want to sift through 700 pages to find an answer.

Some have speculated that it's a heat/moisture issue, but did we ever find a conclusive answer? Thanks in advance for the help!

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #4,740 of 5,225
Black front/ black back - supposed base config.
Use red back filters if you want more oomph for your bass.

Red front filters provides the smoothest overall sound, with the pink being tricky because it lessened the soundstage for me considerably though I actually enjoy the latter with the AK Jr.

Grey front brings mids/vocals upfront.

Green filters doesn't anyways for everyone but I still use my Xmas combo. Green font and red back for driving and exciting music. Vocals end up being rather sweet.

Anyhow you'll have plenty of good times discovering what works best. It's a really nice set of iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back