LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #4,261 of 5,225
Yeah the Batman config is still one of my faves.

Hahaha. I like that. With the Batman config, the A4 sounds like a top-to-bottom refined version TFZ Series 5s, but with more treble extension, stereo separation and a wider soundstage. I dig that they're equally fitted to be worn regular and over-the-ear style and that the look is a bit like the found-scrap-future design from the SW universe.

May 24, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #4,262 of 5,225
Been listening to mine for about 2 weeks now. Judging from the posts, I have to say that the red fronts are criminally underrated. To me they sound so creamy and lush without any harshness while still retaining imaging and resolution. Perfect for an all day listening session. From all the filter combos I have tried, I keep coming back to the black/b red/f. Paired with the dragonfly black 1.5, its the perfect combo for me

May 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #4,264 of 5,225
Been listening to mine for about 2 weeks now. Judging from the posts, I have to say that the red fronts are criminally underrated. To me they sound so creamy and lush without any harshness while still retaining imaging and resolution. Perfect for an all day listening session. From all the filter combos I have tried, I keep coming back to the black/b red/f. Paired with the dragonfly black 1.5, its the perfect combo for me
After reading your post i tried the black+red combo and as you said the upper frequencies and overall sound feels more smooth ( a little thick which i like) but honestly i really miss the airiness and space of my favourite black+black combination and after half an hour i found myself back to the B/B combo, ,

May 24, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #4,266 of 5,225
Anyone know the difference between the black tips packed in the carrying case and the duo-tone colored tips that are in the foam packing that the IEMs themselves are boxed with? I'm not really up on my ear tip tech...

May 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #4,267 of 5,225
Really interested in these. Struggling a bit to find resellers for the US with solid return policy if they don't sound like I want them too. Amazon/**** Audio and Penon Audio have been only hits outside of AlixExpress .

May 25, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #4,270 of 5,225
I tried star tips bought from aliexpress and some large tips included to have the bass impact I missed from my previous ttpod e1, so far the best match for me is to use the include large tips from my tennmak pro. You can only have bass impact if you have good seal with the tips in my experience. Using black back for now and will try other later.

May 25, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #4,272 of 5,225
I tried star tips bought from aliexpress and some large tips included to have the bass impact I missed from my previous ttpod e1, so far the best match for me is to use the include large tips from my tennmak pro. You can only have bass impact if you have good seal with the tips in my experience. Using black back for now and will try other later.
I have found with multiple IEM spiral dots and spinfits of the correct size give the nicest low-end.
I like spiral dots since the bore is larger and it tends to open the soundstage and improve some mid/higher frequencies as well

May 25, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #4,273 of 5,225
I will definitely order spiral dots in the near future as I hear good things about them. Thanks.

May 26, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,275 of 5,225
My left monitor died today. I remember reading on here that someone else had the same problem and likely linked it to connector issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Have tried swapping the connectors to see if it's really dead vs bad cable?

Some have reported letting them sit for 24 hrs and they worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back