LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,750 of 5,225

Today I received my Trinity kombi tips ,  these tips pair very well with my A4 ,  it's bit hard to put these tips on the nozzle but once it done they work perfectly ,  
These tips are not the most comfortable but i can sacrifice a little bit for the sake of sound , , , ,  

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,751 of 5,225

Today I received my Trinity kombi tips ,  these tips pair very well with my A4 ,  it's bit hard to put these tips on the nozzle but once it done they work perfectly ,  
These tips are not the most comfortable but i can sacrifice a little bit for the sake of sound , , , ,  

I didn't get on too well with the Kombi's. A pain to get onto the nozzle and the set I had kept getting stuck in my ear and coming loose when I took out the A4's.

I've just got a pair of InAir's and they feel excellent. Super easy to get onto the nozzle and very comfortable.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,753 of 5,225

Agreed. It's far too smooth to have that type of sparkly treble energy, but that being said nothing is missed out up top, there's still plenty of detail in there. I think someone wanting a hybrid with bit more sparkle maybe should look towards the Dunu Dn 2000... and if you want a LOT MORE sparkle look towards it's little brother the Dunu Dn 1000.

Since the cable went on my LZ A4 I've been debating whether it's worth paying for an expensive cable or just going for a completely new IEM (it's been a while since I treated myself :wink: Been looking at the MaGaosi K3 Hybrid HLSX. I love the HLSX BK50.

Not sure how obvious it is, but the little inner copper wire has split. It wasn't from a tug or accident, just from daily use... 6-7 weeks. Don't know if i can be bother getting a replacement, all that trouble. The guy from Penon was great up until I told him about this... then no reply. Sods law as I was finishing of a review when it happened lol.

Even if you're going to get a new pair of IEMs and don't want to go through the trouble of a replacement cable, there are literally hundreds of options in MMCX for under $20 all over the place. If you wanted an upgrade, I'm very happy with the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 silver-plated copper cable @$50 from Amazon. Don't toss these IEMs just because of the lackluster cable! If you're going to write them off, I'll send you a replacement cable out of my own stash for $0.00. 

-Collin-

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2,754 of 5,225

Even if you're going to get a new pair of IEMs and don't want to go through the trouble of a replacement cable, there are literally hundreds of options in MMCX for under $20 all over the place. If you wanted an upgrade, I'm very happy with the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 silver-plated copper cable @$50 from Amazon. Don't toss these IEMs just because of the lackluster cable! If you're going to write them off, I'll send you a replacement cable out of my own stash for $0.00. 

-Collin-

I'd be weary of that cable, it did awful things to my banned IEM. When using that cable due to its high impedance it messed with the BA's I guess and basically I had no center stage sound, everything was just Left & Right, for that price you can get a nice balanced cable or a great 3.5 cable on AE. I too have 1 or 2 extra MMCX cables I don't use. Going to get a balanced cable soon, just not sure if I should just get 4 core (which the Fidue cable is) or spend more on an 8 core

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #2,755 of 5,225
They arrived (thanks to DUYU and Snuffy).

First impressions - impressive.  Will take a week for me to get used to them.  Will try and measure over the weekend.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #2,757 of 5,225
They arrived (thanks to DUYU and Snuffy).

First impressions - impressive.  Will take a week for me to get used to them.  Will try and measure over the weekend.

I didn't think they would be your thing. The bass can be a bit messy and the upper mids I didn't figure would match your preference. Maybe I was wrong...

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #2,758 of 5,225
I didn't think they would be your thing. The bass can be a bit messy and the upper mids I didn't figure would match your preference. Maybe I was wrong...

Only been listening for an hour or so - like I said first impressions.  Should have a good handle on them within a few days.  Tuning take a bit to work out .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back