LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,221 of 5,225
I am intrigued by the FLC8s. But at that price point how do they not include an extra set of filters given their minute size and the cable...really I have contact them to buy another one that's not horribly microphonic. That just frustrates me.
Having to get and extra filter set and new cable...adds what $50-60 to a $350 IEM.
I never seem to get lucky to find things at good price(that my fault and bad luck)

1More triple driver was not in my opinion close at all to the A4 and it's cable had for me deal-breaking microphonics. My Fidue A73 is much better than 1More triple driver even with its slight brightness

The extra set of filters are included. One of each ULF and LF filter.
Maybe use something like Hifishark for used stuff?

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,222 of 5,225
Not sure if I'll be selling em, but I'll let you know if I do. Once I get the next batch printed up & polished I'll post pics & a bit more info on how exactly I tuned them, I also have plans to release the files so that those of you who want them can make em at home(assuming you have a printer) or at a shop willing to take orders. I'm also going to be looking to send out some prototypes for feedback. I'll keep those interested posted.

Cool. I would love to be on any list to test them.

But no pressure or expectation as I understand selling something can be a huge hassle. I am amazed you have skills to do it. Congrats.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,223 of 5,225
The extra set of filters are included. One of each ULF and LF filter.

Maybe use something like Hifishark for used stuff?

Well see I am an idiot. I had no idea they included and extra set, my bad.

Thanks for the heads up on HiFishark

BY THE WAY, who is that pic of in your avatar, so familiar ?

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #2,227 of 5,225
Oh. Yes 9 months be careful
Congratulations and the health and happiness to you and your family

cool.gif
Ditto. Don't worry. She will get even during delivery. Whatever you do Collin do not hold her hand while she is in labor unless you no longer need the use of your hand, or get within striking Distance....

It is not fun. It is a Beautiful thing, but it can be dangerous to your health as well.  Simply because while she is in intense pain she is going to blame YOU.

Been there before, TWICE.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #2,228 of 5,225
This is a bit out-off-topic, but i can't wait at all to order the new 1MORE Quad - Driver for 200$ once they arrive this February. They have a diamond - like - carbon driver inside, the same material used as in the Campfire Vega. The 1MORE Tripple Driver was already playing more or less in the same ballpark as the LZ - A4 as i heard so i can't wait to share some comparisons between them and figure out which filter combination on the LZ - A4 will "resemble" that of the 1MORE. :etysmile:

This hobby is a curse and a blessing at the same time. On one hand there is nothing like waiting for a new IEM to arrive at your doorstep but on the other hand my wallet gets tortured so much. xD

I heard the Triple was actually pretty mediocre. Everybody hears differently though

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #2,229 of 5,225
I am intrigued by the FLC8s. But at that price point how do they not include an extra set of filters given their minute size and the cable...really I have contact them to buy another one that's not horribly microphonic. That just frustrates me.
Having to get and extra filter set and new cable...adds what $50-60 to a $350 IEM.
I never seem to get lucky to find things at good price(that my fault and bad luck)

1More triple driver was not in my opinion close at all to the A4 and it's cable had for me deal-breaking microphonics. My Fidue A73 is much better than 1More triple driver even with its slight brightness

Extra filters are included and if you're careful enough to switch them when you're not moving, there is no reason to lose them. The cable is not that microphonic despite what everyone says. You can still walk around without problems. However, the cable is not perfect and I highly recommend something aftermarket. You can always get used gears on here and hifishark is a good search engine to start from. There were so many discounts of flc8s that you can find them under 300 easy.

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,230 of 5,225
:cool: Ditto. Don't worry. She will get even during delivery. Whatever you do Collin do not hold her hand while she is in labor unless you no longer need the use of your hand, or get within striking Distance....

It is not fun. It is a Beautiful thing, but it can be dangerous to your health as well.  Simply because while she is in intense pain she is going to blame YOU.

Been there before, TWICE.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Unfortunately, since you have a Y chromosome, you will get blamed for everything. I promise you this everything your son does wrong will be your fault since " he takes after you"
LOL

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #2,233 of 5,225
Unfortunately, since you have a Y chromosome, you will get blamed for everything. I promise you this everything your son does wrong will be your fault since " he takes after you"
LOL

Guys I'm all for joking, but can we lay off the sexism? I am sure our sisters in headfi are done with it as am I.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,235 of 5,225
I just ordered this cable (albeit for my Sony Z5s) and will try it out on my A4 to see if there is any noticeable improvement. I suspect not. I love the A4 cable, though I admittedly have not directly compared its sound characteristics to anything else. 

http://penonaudio.com/DUNU-GZ-OCC2701-MMCX-Connector-Detachable-Earphone-Cable

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back