LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,086 of 5,225
I am so sorry to go OFF-TOPIC, but I am so overwhelmed and impressed and can't hold on me.

Received my Over Ear Sony MDR-100AAP h.ear on today. Ootb such an amazing overall sound and comfort and I got it new for only 65€. I can't believe it - this is a true HiFi bargain! No harshness at all but clarity and details. (and if applicable - no burn in effects, yet)

And....no need for tip and filter rollin' haha!

Honestly, currently don't know which gets my attention the next days/weeks: LZ A4 or Sony h.ear on

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #2,087 of 5,225
Try the KZ Acoustics eartips these tips have a long neck that means you will be get your desired deep insertion and your ears will be saved from the sharp edges of the shells the bore of tips is not too wide or not too narrow ,  
these tips works absolutely perfect for me , 

Hate to ask do you have a link to those KZ acoustic eartips. I googled and I am getting IEMs. TIA

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,088 of 5,225

Try the KZ Acoustics eartips these tips have a long neck that means you will be get your desired deep insertion and your ears will be saved from the sharp edges of the shells the bore of tips is not too wide or not too narrow ,  
these tips works absolutely perfect for me , 

Hate to ask do you have a link to those KZ acoustic eartips. I googled and I am getting IEMs. TIA

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-6pcs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Original-KZ-Tips-Earbuds-Earphone-Silicone-Eartips-Ear/32723329957.html?spm=2114.010208.3.1.w5Y8Bq&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10065_10068_10501_10503_10000032_119_10000025_10000029_430_10000028_10060_10062_10056_10055_10054_509_10059_10099_10000022_10000012_10103_10102_10000015_10101_10096_10000018_10000019_10052_10053_10107_10050_10106_10051_10000007_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10115_10000041_10000044_10078_10079_10000038_429_10073_10000035_10121-10050_10503_10501,searchweb201603_2,afswitch_2,single_sort_2_default&btsid=b64cb136-0588-4653-84b2-e5d45814a6f6

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,090 of 5,225
Whatever you do don't let her try your A4 if you have it...

Oh my Collin. That's blasphemy. LOL
That's your wife's way of saying I really like these a lot more but I can't admit it because it might then justify all those purchases you make for great audio products.
There I translated things for you and save your marriage

I think she should have tried the A4, since I have two pairs of those. I'll never see the A2 Pros again. The first IEMs I gave her went two trips through the washing machine. 

I'm finding the JVC spiral Dot ml to be the right size for me, but I'll need to try these kz tips too. Spinfits kill the highs too much

Same for me. Unfortunately the ML usually have to come from Japan. They are my favorite though. I disliked the Spinfits from the start and can tell you (IMHO of course) that the KZ are nowhere near as comfy as the spiral dots. 

-Collin-

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,091 of 5,225
I agree that the spiral dots are the most comfortable..  that said, updating my previous post about discomfort on my antitragus, today I have switched out to my Meelec bi-flange tips just to see if it can alleviate some of the discomfort I was having.  

Sure enough since the insertion isn't nearly as deep because of the bi-flange, the casing is no longer rubbing up against my antitragus.  However I find the part of the bi-flange that goes into my ear is a lot less comfortable than the spiral dots.

Can someone come up with a hybrid biflange tip where the upper flange is a spiral dot?  

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,092 of 5,225
Hi guys, i received mine yesterday and decided to post my straight ootb impressions. Please don't misinterpret, this is not a review. It's just my reaction after a few hours of listening to them. They wowed me and i wanted to share my thoughts. Also please consider this is just my opinion 
redface.gif

Just to give some context: I love bass (specially sub bass) and a little emphasis on upper mids, but i am a little allergic to treble and bright signatures. My favorite iems (till i tried these) were the Sony XB90EX and the Trinity Delta V-II.

Overview

Proceeding then. As you all have analyzed, i concluded that the order of the filters were:

Front nozzles (from higher to lower in treble): Blue > Black > Green > Grey > Red > Pink
Rear ports (from higher to lower in bass): Red > Black > Blue

The main weird thing i found is that the little guide that comes with the earphones to actually explain this wasn't included. Only a folded manual with the warranty and such.
Another weird thing is that although the pink filter is supposed to be the one with less treble, it still seems to have a spike around 8-9 kHz. I tested with Red Velvet's Cool World and sibilance is there alright (on the "sss" and "shhh" sounds). Not to worry because i hated that filter anyway lol it could be that it is faulty but i looked and the damper is there. It seems fine at least.

Cable

Let's start with the cable.
The cable makes me a little nervous. Not really the cable itself because it has good quality. The chin slider scares me to dead. It pressures the cable so much that i just let it be. The jack is awesome, may be a little bulky for a portable solution but this is also good in terms of resistance.
The main thing that worries me are the MMCX connectors. It is a fact that MMCX sucks, period. With time the connectors deteriorate and a new cable is not always the solution. However, i think that, like all iems, with careful of usage, this doesn't have to happen.
Another thing that usually happens with MMCX is the poor contact after a while. This can be the main weakness of the cable because this is usually solved by manufacturers by keeping the cables connected with locks or other mechanisms. These ones though rotate free like the Shures iems.
Other than that i love the cable and the MMCX has the advantage that there are tons of aftermarket cables if something happens to this one. What's really really important is not to damage the earpiece connectors.

Sound

Well, let me refer to some individual filters.

​
         Rear ports                       ​
Red This one is the most impressive hands down! LZ really aced the bass on this. The sub bass is amazing and mid bass is just perfect. I mean it! There's enough to make the boom i want without getting the mids out of the way too much. This also has to do with the fact i really love bass.
Those sweet vibrations made me smile at work like i never did 
biggrin.gif

Bass texture is impressive! The soundstage that this provokes if off the charts but i'll get to that later.
Black Now this one has kind of the same level of sub bass of my XB90s but more mid bass. I won't say it's always better than my XB90s according to my tastes but it certainly is most of the times. Since they aced the mid bass in the reds and this one has still more than my XB90s, it sure surprised me a lot.
BlueThis one is for the flat lovers. Still not flat though but all the mid bass is removed. Needless to say this one didn't really appealed me 
tongue.gif
 still a good signature for combo.

Front nozzles                   ​
Blue This seems to be the most edgy one. When the Trinity Delta was released i didn't stand the purple filter (which was the most bright one). With this one though, i can live with. Although it's the brighter nozzle, it still presents so much respect for the volume comparing to the other frequencies that i really have to applaud.
I think their intention was to make it flatter and balanced so people could hear the treble details in a non intrusive way.
I'll go even further, it made me like treble and think twice about my allergy to those frequencies. Again, super impressed 
biggrin.gif

The soundstage on these is also amazing because of the clarity. It feels like a live concert since the clarity is so present and yet, non aggressive. It feels amazing that i can feel myself in a huge space if i close my eyes.
BlackThese seem to be a little bit more controlled, still giving you the sparkle that you deserve. It also seem to reproduce a huge soundstage as well. I noticed that they are forward around the female vocal area (2 kHz) and also a little bit further in order to produce that sense of space (around 4 kHz). This is super clever, it's like an extension to vocals that also captures some of the lightest treble your ear can easily live with ending up with an extended spectrum that doesn't hurt your ears. Serious engineering here.
Green These are the black but a little more intimate. The soundstage is narrower but the vocals are still forward. You have the ability to choose if you want to listen to your singers in a large concert hall or in an exclusive room. I feel so privileged 
tongue.gif

Also, try to listen to some acoustic guitar in these and you'll be in heaven (seriously, it's super good with acoustic strings).
GreyThis is the one that is meh, it's still enjoyable but since it closes the treble so much, the vocals become affected. Songs start to sound all the same from here on. It may be more appreciated during some afternoons where i don't really want that huge detail in treble, like to just relax and pay attention to nothing. Don't take me wrong, it's still good, it just doesn't retrieve the same detail of the ones above. It works well with strong and powerful voices where the sound is more organic and richer.
RedHmm, okay this one is too congested for me. I know i'm allergic to treble but this is on another level. I learned that i really need treble to make a music work. It's funny because i refer to this as clarity, but it's all the same thing. Clarity is just treble done right for me.
PinkWell, no. Lol i'm confused. It's an unnatural sound. It has no treble but it has some spikes that really brings out the sibilance in a track. This was really messy. I don't want this filter lol

Some combos i liked (notating as [Back port]/[Front nozzle])

Ok so this wasn't that hard 
tongue.gif
 firstly, my favorite combo is, of course the Red/Black.

Red/Black

I mean this is so perfect. The bass is, and i state again, perfect. Sub bass in super quantity and mid bass in the absolutely right quantity as well. The texture is just amazing. This combined with the forward female vocals and a little extension to that to produce a realistic soundstage make this my dream signature. It is just that good.
I always knew that sub bass was essential to a good soundstage (the XB90s don't have a wonderful soundstage by accident) but what impressed me the most was that little extension from 2 kHz to 4 kHz, such a huge difference.

Red/Green

Really close to the previous but, as stated above, it becomes more intimate. This is where the bass preferences vary through the day. Since it doesn't have a super soundstage like the previous signature, it may not be necessary to have such amount of bass. Never worrying though, the black rear port was invented for a reason 
biggrin.gif

The bass produced by the red back port is never too much though.
Due to its intimacy, it becomes perfect with string acoustic instruments like the acoustic guitar and the violin. Seriously, it's so good. The bass is super fun on those fully acoustic songs with many instruments.

Black/Black

This was also awesome. Right after listening to the Red/Black combination and switching to this one, it makes me wanting a little more bass. But for a more calm session, ballads for example, it works even better because it takes out a little bit of mid bass compared to the red back port. I will use this once in a while for vocal sessions, i'm sure of it. When the beat comes in you can feel it strong thanks to the sub bass and, at the same time, non intrusive and perfectly aligned. Loved it.

Black/Green

Again, really close to the previous but more intimate. Since the mid bass is a little less like the previous case, it turns out to be perfect in acoustic songs with little instruments. 1 or 2 guitars and a sweet voice. I'm probably gonna find more uses to this 
wink.gif

Red/Blue

Just a last one, this is the edgiest one. It works well on many genres but, you have to make sure that the recording has super quality. It's unforgiving with bad quality files.
I can't listen to this combo for too long though, i'm a little sensitive to all what's going on. However, it produces a full experience - wonderful bass (this makes your volume controlled), mellow mids and slightly forward female vocals and, finally, full treble extension. It's still v-shaped though, which means that it may be a little harsh sometimes.

Soundstage

I referred the soundstage through the sections above. Let me just add that i usually try to listen to a concert in order to see how the iems behave besides the usual files.
I listened to this using my FiiO K1 on the computer with the red back port and black front nozzle. It really was like having a full sound system inside my ears (it really sounded like that).
Seriously, good sub bass quantity and texture combined with well tuned treble does wonders. I was super impressed.

Final thoughts

I'm definitely keep these. The twin BA that this has is really well tuned and even if you put your ear next to it without filter, you'll find that it is really made for this type of sound signature. The filters are just little adjustments.
This is what a BA sound should be in my opinion. Till this day, i was always afraid of BAs because of how aggressive they were (i tried a few), well not anymore, now i know it's possible to have a beautiful controlled treble.
I take my hat off to whoever tuned these. I was reluctant to give so much money for these but i'm more than happy. No more iems for me, not for a long time at least.
A toast for a long life on these 
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,093 of 5,225
Hi guys, i received mine yesterday and decided to post my straight ootb impressions. Please don't misinterpret, this is not a review. It's just my reaction after a few hours of listening to them. They wowed me and i wanted to share my thoughts. Also please consider this is just my opinion :xf_eek:
Just to give some context: I love bass (specially sub bass) and a little emphasis on upper mids, but i am a little allergic to treble and bright signatures. My favorite iems (till i tried these) were the Sony XB90EX and the Trinity Delta V-II.

[COLOR=000000]Overview[/COLOR]

Proceeding then. As you all have analyzed, i concluded that the order of the filters were:

Front nozzles (from higher to lower in treble): [COLOR=0000FF]Blue[/COLOR] > Black > [COLOR=00CC00]Green[/COLOR] > [COLOR=A9A9A9]Grey[/COLOR] > [COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR] > [COLOR=EE82EE]Pink[/COLOR]
Rear ports (from higher to lower in bass): [COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR] > Black > [COLOR=0000FF]Blue[/COLOR]

The only thing weird i found is that the little guide that comes with the earphones to actually explain this wasn't included. Only a folded manual with the warranty and such.
Another weird thing is that although the pink filter is supposed to be the one with less treble, it still seems to have a spike around 8-9 kHz. I tested with Red Velvet's Cool World and sibilance is there alright (on the "sss" and "shhh" sounds). Not to worry because i hated that filter anyway lol it could be that it is faulty but i looked and the damper is there. It seems fine at least.

[COLOR=000000]Cable[/COLOR]

Let's start with the cable.
The cable makes me a little nervous. Not really the cable itself because it has good quality. The chin slider scares me to dead. It pressures the cable so much that i just let it be. The jack is awesome, may be a little bulky for a portable solution but this is also good in terms of resistance.
The main thing that worries me are the MMCX connectors. It is a fact that MMCX sucks, period. With time the connectors deteriorate and a new cable is not always the solution. However, i think that, like all iems, with careful of usage, this doesn't have to happen.
Another thing that usually happens with MMCX is the poor contact after a while. This can be the main weakness of the cable because this is usually solved by manufacturers by keeping the cables connected with locks or other mechanisms. These ones though rotate free like the Shures iems.
Other than that i love the cable and the MMCX has the advantage that there are tons of aftermarket cables if something happens to this one. What's really really important is not to damage the earpiece connectors.

[COLOR=000000]Sound[/COLOR]

Well, let me refer to some individual filters.

[COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR]This one is the most impressive one hands down! LZ really aced the bass on this. The sub bass is amazing and mid bass is just perfect. I mean it! There's enough to make the boom i want without getting the mids out of the way too much. This also has to do with the fact i really love bass.Those sweet vibrations made me smile at work like i never did :D Bass texture is impressive! The soundstage that this provokes if off the charts but i'll get to that later.
BlackNow this one has kind of the same level of sub bass of my XB90s but more mid bass. I won't say it's always better than my XB90s according to my tastes but it certainly is most of the times. Since they aced the mid bass in the reds and this one has still more than my XB90s, it sure surprised me a lot.
[COLOR=0000FF]Blue[/COLOR]This one is for the flat lovers. Still not flat though but all the mid bass is removed. Needless to say this one didn't really appealed me :p  still a good signature for combo.
[TH] [/TH]​
[TH]         Rear ports                       [/TH]​

[COLOR=0000FF]Blue[/COLOR]This seems to be the most edgy one. When the Trinity Delta was released i didn't stand the purple filter (which was the most bright one). With this one though, i can live with. Although it's the brighter nozzle, it still presents so much respect for the volume comparing to the other frequencies that i really have to applaud.I think their intention was to make it flatter and balanced so people could hear the treble details in a non intrusive way.I'll go even further, it made me like treble and think twice about my allergy to those frequencies. Again, super impressed :D The soundstage on these is also amazing because of the clarity. It feels like a live concert since the clarity is so present and yet, non aggressive. It feels amazing that i can feel myself in a huge space if i close my eyes.
BlackThese seem to be a little bit more controlled, still giving you the sparkle that you deserve. It also seem to reproduce a huge soundstage as well. I noticed that they are forward around the female vocal area (2 kHz) and also a little bit further in order to produce that sense of space (around 4 kHz). This is super clever, it's like an extension to vocals that also captures some of the lightest treble your ear can easily live with ending up with an extended spectrum that doesn't hurt your ears. Serious engineering here.
[COLOR=00CC00]Green[/COLOR]These are the black but a little more intimate. The soundstage is narrower but the vocals are still forward. You have the ability to choose if you want to listen to your singers in a large concert hall or in an exclusive room. I feel so privileged :p Also, try to listen to some acoustic guitar in these and you'll be in heaven (seriously, it's super good with acoustic strings).
[COLOR=A9A9A9]Grey[/COLOR]This is the one that is meh, it's still enjoyable but since it closes the treble so much, the vocals become affected. Songs start to sound all the same from here on. It may be more appreciated during some afternoons where i don't really want that huge detail in treble, like to just relax and pay attention to nothing. Don't take me wrong, it's still good, it just doesn't retrieve the same detail of the ones above. It works well with strong and powerful voices where the sound is more organic and richer.
[COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR]Hmm, okay this one is too congested for me. I know i'm allergic to treble but this is on another level. I learned that i really need treble to make a music work. It's funny because i refer to this as clarity, but it's all the same thing. Clarity is just treble done right for me.
[COLOR=EE82EE]Pink[/COLOR]Well, no. Lol i'm confused. It's an unnatural sound. It has no treble but it has some spikes that really brings out the sibilance in a track. This was really messy. I don't want this filter lol
[TH]Front nozzles                   [/TH]​

[COLOR=000000]Some combos i liked (notating as [Back port]/[Front nozzle])[/COLOR]

Ok so this wasn't that hard :p  firstly, my favorite combo is, of course the Red/Black.

[COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]/Black[/COLOR]

I mean this is so perfect. The bass is, and i state again, perfect. Sub bass in super quantity and mid bass in the absolutely right quantity as well. The texture is just amazing. This combined with the forward female vocals and a little extension to that to produce a realistic soundstage make this my dream signature. It is just that good.
I always knew that sub bass is essential to a good soundstage (the XB90s don't have a wonderful soundstage by accident) but what impressed me the most was that little extension from 2 kHz to 4 kHz, such a huge difference.

[COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR]/[COLOR=00CC00]Green[/COLOR]

Really close to the previous but, as stated above, it becomes more intimate. This is where the bass preferences vary through the day. Since it doesn't have a super soundstage like the previous signature, it may not be necessary to have such amount of bass. Never worrying though, the black rear port was invented for a reason :D
The bass produced by the red back port it's never too much though.
Due to its intimacy, it becomes perfect with string acoustic instruments like the acoustic guitar and the violin. Seriously, it's so good. The bass is super fun on those fully acoustic songs with many instruments.

[COLOR=000000]Black/Black[/COLOR]

This was also awesome. After listening to the Red/Black combination, it makes me wanting a little more bass. But for a more calm session, ballads for example, it works even better because it takes a little bit of the mid bass compared to the red back port. I will use this once in a while for vocal sessions, i'm sure of it. When the beat comes in you can feel it strong thanks to the sub bass and, at the same time, non intrusive and perfectly aligned. Loved it.

[COLOR=000000]Black/[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]Green[/COLOR]

Again, really close to the previous but more intimate. Since the mid bass is a little less like the previous case, it turns out to be perfect in acoustic songs with little instruments. 1 or 2 guitars and a sweet voice. I'm probably gonna find more uses to this :wink:

[COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]/[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Blue[/COLOR]

Just a last one, this is the edgiest one. It works well on many genres but, you have to make sure that the recording has super quality. It's unforgiving with bad quality files.
I can't listen to this combo for too long though, i'm a little sensitive to all what's going on. However, it produces a full experience - wonderful bass (this makes your volume controlled), mellow mids and slightly forward female vocals and, finally, full treble extension. It's still v-shaped though, which means that it may be a little harsh sometimes.

[COLOR=000000]Soundstage[/COLOR]

I referred the soundstage through the sections above. Let me just add that i usually try to listen to a concert in order to see how the iems behave besides the usual files.
I listened to this using my FiiO K1 on the computer with the red back port and black front nozzle. It really was like having a full sound system inside my ears (it really sounded like that).
Seriously, good sub bass quantity and texture combined with well tuned treble does wonders. I was super impressed.

[COLOR=000000]Final thoughts[/COLOR]

I'm definitely keep these. The twin BA that this has is really well tuned and even if you put your ear next to it without filter, you'll find that it is really made for this type of sound signature. The filters are just little adjustments.
This is what a BA sound should be in my opinion. Till this day, i was always afraid of BAs because of how aggressive they were (i tried a few), well not anymore, now i know it's possible.
I take my hat off to whoever tuned these. I was reluctant to give so much money for these but i'm more than happy. No more iems for me, not for a long time at least.
A toast for a long life on these :beerchug:

Sweeeeet! Welcome onboard! I totally agree on your assessment on the RED/GREEN - Listening to some Norah Jones with the band, as if they were rehearsing just for you type of intimacy and overall strong good presence. You must have put lots of hours just testing the combos, and your strong impressions would probably give others an idea on what to expect.

What source and tips did you prefer the most?

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,094 of 5,225
Sweeeeet! Welcome onboard! I totally agree on your assessment on the RED/GREEN - Listening to some Norah Jones with the band, as if they were rehearsing just for you type of intimacy and overall strong good presence. You must have put lots of hours just testing the combos, and your strong impressions would probably give others an idea on what to expect.

What source and tips did you prefer the most?

Well, i tried them with my FiiO X1, the FiiO K1 and my LG G2. The FiiO X1 and K1 are very similar to me, but i prefer them to the LG G2 because they're more refined and precise. I know there are probably much better sources than the ones i have but i like warmish ones 
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried these with their foams (the ones that come on the box), comply foams, both standard silicones (wide and narrow bore) and Spinfits.
I don't really like spinfits because i never get a good seal with them, i like shallow fit.
The ones i really liked were the standard silicones with wide bore (comes with the package). Their silicone is a little stiffer but it has better quality, providing more comfort imo. The foams attenuate the treble too much and remove detail for me.

I wanted to try the sony isolation ones but the ones i have are too small.

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2,095 of 5,225
  I agree that the spiral dots are the most comfortable..  that said, updating my previous post about discomfort on my antitragus, today I have switched out to my Meelec bi-flange tips just to see if it can alleviate some of the discomfort I was having.  

Sure enough since the insertion isn't nearly as deep because of the bi-flange, the casing is no longer rubbing up against my antitragus.  However I find the part of the bi-flange that goes into my ear is a lot less comfortable than the spiral dots.

Can someone come up with a hybrid biflange tip where the upper flange is a spiral dot?  

You could try something similar to what I ended up doing with my IT03s (which I found super uncomfortable). I removed the foam from the core of an old pair of foam eartips I had, leaving me just the rubber core, which I am using as an extender. Helps the tips insert properly, while moving the earpiece farther from the ear.

Just be warned that this will obviously destroy and foam eartips you have, and just some more warning that it is very difficult to actually get eartips onto a core like that (worked for IT03 with some effort due to the shape, not sure how easy itll be with the a4).

Just a thought.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,096 of 5,225
I think she should have tried the A4, since I have two pairs of those. I'll never see the A2 Pros again. The first IEMs I gave her went two trips through the washing machine. 

Same for me. Unfortunately the ML usually have to come from Japan. They are my favorite though. I disliked the Spinfits from the start and can tell you (IMHO of course) that the KZ are nowhere near as comfy as the spiral dots. 

-Collin-

Hopefully the A2 pro won't go deep see diving as well. Sorry

However, these sound much better and I bet she takes better care of them since she will hear and know the difference. You know women if they like something and care about it they will cultivate it!!!

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #2,097 of 5,225
Hopefully the A2 pro won't go deep see diving as well. Sorry

However, these sound much better and I bet she takes better care of them since she will hear and know the difference. You know women if they like something and care about it they will cultivate it!!!

cool.gif
Yes the A4 are certainly better than the Pros BUT they aren't GIGANTICALLY better. The A2 Pro is rather formidable on its own. Less definition, smaller soundstage and with a somewhat over all darker signature, but still quite good. My wife would steal the Pros in a minute being a bass head.....

But she would be fooled cause the A4 actually have a deeper more controlled Bass presence. I wouldn't have believed it until I A/B'd them....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #2,098 of 5,225
Hi all! I have finally received my A4, and boy am I impressed! The included filters make a significant difference in terms of the frequency, and while I have yet to try out all the combinations, the amount of clarity and bass that comes out of this bad-boys is impressive! I will be trying to get a better fit from them (the included tips are not exactly the best I will admit), so far the best has been coming out from the new 'star-flanged' KZ tips - allowing me to have a better fit.

Also it has been a great experience dealing with AK on Aliexpress, despite some hiccups, so kudos to them too!

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,099 of 5,225
:cool: Yes the A4 are certainly better than the Pros BUT they aren't GIGANTICALLY better. The A2 Pro is rather formidable on its own. Less definition, smaller soundstage and with a somewhat over all darker signature, but still quite good. My wife would steal the Pros in a minute being a bass head.....

But she would be fooled cause the A4 actually have a deeper more controlled Bass presence. I wouldn't have believed it until I A/B'd them....

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Hoops. When I said the sound better. I meant A2 pro versus what she had before.
I didn't proofread it properly. I'm sorry.

I am sure that she will protectvthe A2pro better because they're better than those included earphones that were white.
Like I said if women like something they will be much more careful with it. Even though she might not admit how much she loves the A2 pro

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #2,100 of 5,225
Hoops. When I said the sound better. I meant A2 pro versus what she had before.
I didn't proofread it properly. I'm sorry.

I am sure that she will protectvthe A2pro better because they're better than those included earphones that were white.
Like I said if women like something they will be much more careful with it. Even though she might not admit how much she loves the A2 pro

Yeah, I was rather insulted at first with the Apple earpod reference. But I worked with her tonight (required in any healthy marriage LOL) and finally got proper tips so that they fit well. She now loves the A2 Pro and admits they sound "way better than the white ones." Mission accomplished. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back