LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #2,026 of 5,225
I would like to buy a 3.5 mm. balanced cable, it's possible?.

http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable

It's a compatible cable or not compatible, and it's a good cable?

I use this. It has a 3.5mm adapter.

You need a balanced TRRS source though, like the LH Labs V2+ infinity or a portable DAC with a balanced output.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,027 of 5,225
Besides the different filters ( back+front)  combinations options it's makes me amazed every time how A4 is sensitive about eartips ,  with every different eartips i get/found a different sound ,,,,,,,, lol 

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #2,031 of 5,225
Yes, but I don't now if has a good balanced output or no, I never use a dap with balanced output

http://www.meizu.com/en/products/pro5/hifi.html

And is possible 5 pines, balanced (4) + remote control (1), meizu ep31s has 5 pines.

Wow, I didn't know that.

The description is a little bit confusing. Is a 3.5mm 4-pole TRRS balanced cable OK? Or has to be 5-poles?

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #2,032 of 5,225
Am I the only one using black/b red/f as my got to combination these days?

Nope-I'm still on these too. Provides the best balance of bass, mids, and highs to me. I like the mids on this combination as it seems the most natural-not too thin nor too forward. Bass has articulation, balance, and level and the detail is still there on the high end-or, so my old ears say it is! I'm not a fan of what I perceive as too much high frequency level.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,033 of 5,225
Am I the only one using black/b red/f as my got to combination these days?

Nope-I'm still on these too. Provides the best balance of bass, mids, and highs to me. I like the mids on this combination as it seems the most natural-not too thin nor too forward. Bass has articulation, balance, and level and the detail is still there on the high end-or, so my old ears say it is! I'm not a fan of what I perceive as too much high frequency level.

That's my number 2 combo, tied with REDb/BLACKf

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,034 of 5,225
The more I read this thread the more amazing the A4 is. I really haven't seen a single individual that was unhappy and wanted to return them. For the most part it seems almost everybody can find the sound signature and qualities that they need to really enjoy this IEM

Very impressive. While we all can agree on what the perfect filter combination is we all seem to be able to find what we want and like. Even if it's more than one combination

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #2,035 of 5,225
The more I read this thread the more amazing the A4 is. I really haven't seen a single individual that was unhappy and wanted to return them. For the most part it seems almost everybody can find the sound signature and qualities that they need to really enjoy this IEM

Very impressive. While we all can agree on what the perfect filter combination is we all seem to be able to find what we want and like. Even if it's more than one combination

Over the last month, I've been very impressed with the tunable sound quality of the A4. 
The only issue I can think of, is that the fairly sharp edges mean that the A4 is not as comfortable in the ear as models with smooth, rounded edges.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #2,036 of 5,225
Over the last month, I've been very impressed with the tunable sound quality of the A4. 
The only issue I can think of, is that the fairly sharp edges mean that the A4 is not as comfortable in the ear as models with smooth, rounded edges.

Take Care,
David Baldock

I would agree if there was one fault it is the design. I don't have any issues but if it could be more ergonomic

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #2,037 of 5,225
Very true but nowadays a lot of Chinese iems look like each other, it's good to have a design that is unique and is distinguishable

I will be revisiting the Black Red combo probably later tonight

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #2,038 of 5,225

Take Care,
David Baldock

Honestly I never feel any discomfort from the design or the sharp edges even during the long time listening session , , , 

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #2,039 of 5,225
  Honestly I never feel any discomfort from the design or the sharp edges even during the long time listening session , , , 

+1 - they fit my ears really nicely and I feel no discomfort - however out of everyone I know, I think I am the only one whom they fit.

What does that say about my ears?

A bit rushed at the moment, been meaning to tell you all about trying the narrower vent tips with blue front/red back. Haven't got time to get into it, but it did not work out for me at all. Still black all the way, and still loving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back