LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,381 of 5,225
I'll have to check it myself this weekend, but it doesn't matter for IEMs like flc8s.....

Wilowbrook;   I am looking forward to your thoughts on the A4  vs. the FLC8S.

In general; for LZ users; anybody have an observations on the A4 vs. the original A2?  I realize  the A4 is tunable; so the question would naturally be....what tuning are we using for comparison.  I suppose the answer would be whatever you consdier to be a good tuning for the A4 compared with the A2.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #1,382 of 5,225
I tested with live version of Hotel California - The Eagles. Actually, I would rate them comparable although the LZ's is a bit wider. Which ATE version do you possess - RQ018 or RQ016? My a/b was considering 018 which are miles better than the 016 imo.

I'm RQ 016. Really?! I bought earlier. Thanks for the information. How about soundstage depth?
Thanks!

Depth seems to be same level. Yes, I compared 016 with 018 and it tooks me more or less seconds to sort the 016 out. 018 is a big improvement over 016.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,383 of 5,225
Depth seems to be same level. Yes, I compared 016 with 018 and it tooks me more or less seconds to sort the 016 out. 018 is a big improvement over 016.

And only $8 now!! The lesson I learn is Never buy a product that just released. Even no revised version, it'll get more and more cheaper! And nothing guarantee that new products are better than old. Thank you!

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,384 of 5,225

In general; for LZ users; anybody have an observations on the A4 vs. the original A2?  I realize  the A4 is tunable; so the question would naturally be....what tuning are we using for comparison.  I suppose the answer would be whatever you consdier to be a good tuning for the A4 compared with the A2.

It must be better than A2 since its soundstage can reach the level of ATE!

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,385 of 5,225
Tried the cable of the Tennmak Pro with the LZ's. Very/more analytical. With no/back blue/front too harsh but with no/back black/front just right and interesting for those who wants even more details than the smooth sig stock cable provides.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #1,386 of 5,225
Are you using the same ones that you used on Tenore, the meelectronics double flange?  Does A4 have the same sound sig as Tenore (smooth, punchy bass, musical)?

Yes, same thick inner core for the nozzle. I also have a couple pairs of biflange that have a thin wider inner core. They were ok but didn't seem to fit as well, the outter flange is of a different shape. Idk where either came from but my meelec biflange will be here tomorrow I believe so I'll see what they match.

They aren't even in the same league, A4 does everything better.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,387 of 5,225
Tried the cable of the Tennmak Pro with the LZ's. Very/more analytical. With no/back blue/front too harsh but with no/back black/front just right and interesting for those who wants even more details than the smooth sig stock cable provides.

That's cool to know! I have the Tennmak Pro as well, and my worry (haven't stepped into the realm of switching cables) is that the connection part may weaken after repeated switching?

I suppose it is still advisable to avoid switching cables too often? Any advice on how to properly and safely switch cables?

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,388 of 5,225

You know the A2 and A4 sound similar though the A4 has virtually no bass bloat, is more even handed- excelling with it's midrange reproduction and perhaps more revealing because of these attributes. I really do like them both though the A4 has numerous benefits other than just the sound: tuning ability, build quality, removable cable. Excellent-regardless of price.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,389 of 5,225
That's cool to know! I have the Tennmak Pro as well, and my worry (haven't stepped into the realm of switching cables) is that the connection part may weaken after repeated switching?

I suppose it is still advisable to avoid switching cables too often? Any advice on how to properly and safely switch cables?

Well, just to be clearly, the Tennmak cable let the LZ's sounds noticeably different - some would say quite cold.
Humm, no general advice. My learnings after pulling the cable at the point of connection like a beast without any successful release - I carefully push the fingernails in the connection gap and rotate and pull slightly until released. I only changed the cables about 10 times so far. No defects. But no long time experience.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #1,390 of 5,225
You know the A2 and A4 sound similar though the A4 sounds a little more even handed (neutral) excelling with it's midrange handling with MY preferred tuning (Black/Back Red/Front) and perhaps more revealing because of this. I really do like them both though the A4 has numerous benefits other than just the sound: tuning ability, build quality, removable cable. Excellent-regardless of price.

Eh, I have to respectfully disagree with this post since I find the A4 to be a huge step up from the A2. Ymmw and obviously does.....

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,391 of 5,225
Well, just to be clearly, the Tennmak cable let the LZ's sounds noticeably different - some would say quite cold.
Humm, no general advice. My learnings after pulling the cable at the point of connection like a beast without any successful release - I carefully push the fingernails in the connection gap and rotate and pull slightly until released. I only changed the cables about 10 times so far. No defects. But no long time experience.

I see, cold in the sense of analytical and neutral? I have had a ER4P before, and I do enjoy the sound signature, though it gets fatiguing and not comfortable for extended listening.

I understand that the ability to switch out cables are meant to extend the longevity of the IEMs, but will structural failures occur more frequently on the IEMs themselves, or the cables?

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #1,394 of 5,225

I see, cold in the sense of analytical and neutral? I have had a ER4P before, and I do enjoy the sound signature, though it gets fatiguing and not comfortable for extended listening.

I understand that the ability to switch out cables are meant to extend the longevity of the IEMs, but will structural failures occur more frequently on the IEMs themselves, or the cables?

Cables or MMCX connectors.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #1,395 of 5,225

I would say analytical but not really neutral. Just the opposite to the warm smooth sig of the stock cable.

Well, I guess if you are not carefully enough at connecting or disconnecting it could of course cause failures. I mean the force you need for this related to the tiny parts have to be considered. I just try always to be carefully. So far it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back