LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #541 of 5,225
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #543 of 5,225
Finally someone had the same idea as me for using alternate filters.

It's a stick photo BUT I believe I haven't tried that Black Back/Blue Front yet. It's 20hz-35khz. That could be interesting.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #544 of 5,225
This far i really like the Red-Nozzle and Black-Backplate. It feels to me that this has the most neutral / midrange forward signature, while Red-Back and Black-Nozzle gives a V-Shape signature. Everything besides the Red and Black-Nozzle is too bright for me too and with the Red-Backplate and Red-Nozzle the bass is a tad too much. 
etysmile.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #545 of 5,225
  Another 5 star nice review , 
but why you reduce some points in rating chart specially in sound and value sections ,  
Note :- i am not criticising you,  I  want to know just for my knowledge. 

In my opinion sound from an IEM/headphone/speaker can never be perfect. It can be real close but will never be 100%

While the A4 is very good value for money relative to the IEM market as a whole, it's still $200 which is a lot of cash for something you shove in your ears or pocket. If it cost $50 then I might have given full points for value.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #546 of 5,225

Overall I am experiencing the same as you report her.
So agreeing fully to you ratings .
Just one question as I am also not happy with the ear tips ( using earsonics bi-flange right now)  what are the white ear tips you are using ?

Thanks for your detailed review.

They're stock Large tips from the ROCK Zircon. I've got 2 pairs and I have to swap them around a LOT because they're a perfect fit for me. I should just buy another 5 Zircons, keep the tips and give the earphones away to be honest lol. Would save me a lot of tip swapping. They're close to 15 mm while most "Large" tips are around 13 mm.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #547 of 5,225
  In my opinion sound from an IEM/headphone/speaker can never be perfect. It can be real close but will never be 100%

While the A4 is very good value for money relative to the IEM market as a whole, it's still $200 which is a lot of cash for something you shove in your ears or pocket. If it cost $50 then I might have given full points for value.

Thanks for clarification  :thumbsup: 

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #548 of 5,225
It's a stick photo BUT I believe I haven't tried that Black Back/Blue Front yet. It's 20hz-35khz. That could be interesting.

just got mine a few days ago
using the red/black combo,sounds great,but
I also might try the...black/back/blue front,,????

I just don't want to loose this fantastic bass..??

Mike

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #549 of 5,225
just got mine a few days ago
using the red/black combo,sounds great,but
I also might try the...black/back/blue front,,????

I just don't want to loose this fantastic bass..??

Mike

Try it out. I haven't done it yet I don't think. I'm gonna test it out later myself. I believe you will lose some bass I order to compensate for a later roll off

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #550 of 5,225
Still enjoying the LZ-A4's very much. Have changed to Red backs and Red fronts-smooth mids, great bass and still good highs. Really prefer the midrange with this combo for me. I am having a problem trying to get many of the different ear tip sizes on the nozzles though. Maybe just me..

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #551 of 5,225
Try it out. I haven't done it yet I don't think. I'm gonna test it out later myself. I believe you will lose some bass I order to compensate for a later roll off

please let us know,your results,and impression on the bass
I am not a basshead,but the red/black combo seems to make my ears smile??

A really excellent earphone,again,I tip my hat to LZ.

Mike

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #552 of 5,225
For those who like a warm non - fatigue IEM, try the Red / Red combination Front / Nozzle!

It gives vocals a warmness and the treble is smooth but still on same level as the midrange. While the bass is the strongest with this setting, its not "Basshead" level, which leaves it somewhere between "Basshead" level and neutral.
etysmile.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #553 of 5,225
I tried Red Red. It sounded bad to me. Very congested. Almost no air. Will give it another go though.

Using the Black Back/Blue Nozzle combo right now. It's very good. Like really good.

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #554 of 5,225
So can't stop myself to take a ride on A4 train and just ordered for one along with a 8 core pure silver upgrade cable and some Kombi eartips from Trinity, 
Hope this decision never disappoint me. 

The Kombi sound good on em. I'm just preferring the Medium Auvio for the A4 due to wide bore

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #555 of 5,225
Just picked one up from Penon. Became a fan of Chinese tuneable iems because of the FLC8S. I can have 3 bass EQ's simultaneously with them. Software, hardware (amp), and hardware (iems themselves).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back