LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #841 of 5,225
EDIT.

Just woke up and connected the A4s again, just to look and....

They work again????
What????? This is identical to when the prototype was in my hands. I don't believe it.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #843 of 5,225
Very strange. Any possible hypothesis?

The exact thing happend with the Prototype.
Either my mind just drifted away (it was 3am after all), due to the urgent need for sleep. Or something regarding the MMCX connector. We can safely assume that it is not due to internal wiring.
Unfortunately I shredded the LZ cable, due to the MMCX jack being extremely tight.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #844 of 5,225
Either my mind just drifted away (it was 3am after all), due to the urgent need for sleep. Or something regarding the MMCX connector. We can safely assume that it is not due to internal wiring.
Unfortunately I shredded the LZ cable, due to the MMCX jack being extremely tight.

Puzzling. Your review unit... Does it come in the full retail package? My only guess is it took a few knocks during shipping.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #845 of 5,225
Puzzling. Your review unit... Does it come in the full retail package? My only guess is it took a few knocks during shipping.

Yup, full retail. Maybe some dust or debris was the culprit. The package got opened after all, due to landing in my local custom office.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #846 of 5,225
Hope someone here can compare A4 to Fidue A83 since I have one. Im just curious as to how the sound quality esp with regards to mids, and highs. Or the ibasso IT03

The A4 is fuller, with better spacial reproduction. Imaging, Soundstage and Instrument seperation are all superior. It is also less V-Shaped.
Mids are better on the A4. And the treble isn't quite as elevated. (unless you bring in the blue filters)

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #847 of 5,225

maybe dust or could be your source itself(mp3 player etc)

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #851 of 5,225

Sound was good, fall short a bit to the JVC FW-01 
Worth the price
p.s am i the only one who felt 4 in 1 have a deeper bass than A4, though overall of A4 bass still win 4 in 1?

am i the only one using this configuration?
Hope the next lz can have this configuration with deeper bass and wider sound stage. Then there we will have the jvc woodies sound sig !!!!!

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #853 of 5,225
i just "broke" my Red - Nozzle filter. The screen inside the filter was not even in one of the two filters so i pushed it in gently with a pen. Now its even but the sound is muffled through it! I switched the filters 5 times now and one side is always muffled depending where the broken filter is. ._. ._.

I don't think that penonaudio offers replacement for filters. Guess i mucked up with this and now i'm more probably forced to use the Black - Nozzle filter.

EDIT: I tried to push the filter again in the other direction inserting some soft piece through the other side and BAM, the filter came right of. Its just a tiny piece of paper attached to a very thing piece of screen. The paper itself is sticky so it sticks in the nozzle.

EDIT2: I reattached the filter with the paper to the nozzle again and its still muffled. I have no idea how that is possible because its literally just a Screen with a piece of paper glued to it.... .___.

EDIT3: I now pushed down the filter paper from the other side to even it out and now the filters sound normal again... It seems like the filterpaper is very delicate and its easy to mess up the sound by changing the papers structure, so let that be a lesson before you "break" your filters by accident. :xf_eek:

EDIT4! Okay... now this is interesting: I held the two filters in front of a bright light and i saw, that the one filter is more seethrough than the other! I don't imagine things because i did see the same thing a few days ago but brushed it of because the sound was even on both sides! NOW, the sound was even because the filterscreen wasn't inserted completly... now after i inserted it completely it obviously muffles the sound because the paper is thicker.

What i did to prove that its the filterpaper that muffles the sound is push out the screen a little bit so that it isn't fully in the filter anymore and guess what: The sound is now even on both sides! If i push the filter in again, the sound becomes muffled again... 

I now have to deal with the fact that one of the filters is not fully inside the filter and that the papers are uneven, or i'll just switch to the black filters because smh the difference in paper makes me anxious. : /

Users who are viewing this thread

Back