LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #5,117 of 5,225
I've been a bit bummed this summer with the heat and humidity that I've been avoiding my cans. But all my IEMs have boosted bass and are very efficient, so the bass through my desktop chain is... more than anyone needs. The LCX should play nicely with efficient headphones but it sounds much better with bigger cans. Cut to: the blue bass filters taming the insane bass response. Normally the blue filters cause the bottom to drop out too much on DAPs. But with such a bass forward signal, there's nothing missing from sound. The bass still has body (even if it's a touch more mid-bass focused) and doesn't swallow the mids.

Recently I've been more interested in IEMs that have the ideal tuning already set for me, but finding a new use for the A4 where it can really show its quality is awesome.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #5,118 of 5,225
Anyone have issues with the tips slipping off the nozzle? the tips I got seem a bit small and cant completely cover the nozzle

I had trouble getting the supplied tips to work well for me. I'm relatively new to wearing IEMs, as I preferred over the ear cans. But now I've discovered a love for IEMs. I found the quality of the tips was a HUGE factor for sound quality, secure fit and comfort. The Comply's gave great fit and comfort but muffled the highs. Other tips had various issues.........then I found the JVC Spiral Dots. These tips are perfect. I use them on LZ A4s, Kaiser 10s and JH Audio Roxannes. Awesome sound and they come in 5 sizes. I found the M/L to be perfect for me.......which is the size between medium and large.
Highly recommend JVC Spiral Dots.......and 5 sizes is better than 3, especially if your ear canal is in between normal sizes

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #5,119 of 5,225
Having the issue of the left monitor going out like others in the thread. Is there a suggested method to fix this? I've only used these about 4 times total and they are already having this issue.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #5,120 of 5,225
Having the issue of the left monitor going out like others in the thread. Is there a suggested method to fix this? I've only used these about 4 times total and they are already having this issue.

How long are you able to listen, before the sound level drops?
Are you in a warm and humid environment?
It seems as though it's the heat / humidity that causes the dynamic driver to become quiet.
When it happens to my LZ A4, I just take them out, and let them sit for a while (few hours, or overnight) - and then they work OK again.

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #5,122 of 5,225
How long are you able to listen, before the sound level drops?
Are you in a warm and humid environment?
It seems as though it's the heat / humidity that causes the dynamic driver to become quiet.
When it happens to my LZ A4, I just take them out, and let them sit for a while (few hours, or overnight) - and then they work OK again.

Well, I’m in one of the warmest, most humid states in the US where it’s almost always hot and generally about 70-80%+ humidity.

One thing that was different about the day is that I did have to go out for a bit and I kept them in. Perhaps that is the issue. It is not fixable besides letting them “rest”?

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #5,123 of 5,225
Well, I’m in one of the warmest, most humid states in the US where it’s almost always hot and generally about 70-80%+ humidity.

One thing that was different about the day is that I did have to go out for a bit and I kept them in. Perhaps that is the issue. It is not fixable besides letting them “rest”?

I suspect that replacing the dynamic drivers, with some that are built differently, is what it would take to completely fix the issue.
Otherwise, try to keep them in a environment that's as cool & dry as possible.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #5,124 of 5,225
For me, it was when moisture would build up on the filters. If you unscrew the filters, can you hear any music?

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #5,125 of 5,225
Mine are now permanently messed up. I let it rest for a few days and went back to them.. no dice. Maybe I have to wait until winter time?

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #5,126 of 5,225
Mine are now permanently messed up. I let it rest for a few days and went back to them.. no dice. Maybe I have to wait until winter time?
Are you still getting partial sound from the faulty side? Have you tried a different cable?

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #5,127 of 5,225
Are you still getting partial sound from the faulty side? Have you tried a different cable?

I can swap the left and the right channels of the cable itself and the partial sound persists on the same iem, so it's not the cable.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #5,128 of 5,225
I can swap the left and the right channels of the cable itself and the partial sound persists on the same iem, so it's not the cable.
Okay, sadly then, it seems like you're A4 is officially dead. I assume your return period is well expired and did you try a different filter?

The only other thing I might suggest is to put the affected IEM in a small plastic container or bag with some rice overnight to eliminate the possibility of moisture inside the unit.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #5,129 of 5,225
Okay, sadly then, it seems like you're A4 is officially dead. I assume your return period is well expired and did you try a different filter?

The only other thing I might suggest is to put the affected IEM in a small plastic container or bag with some rice overnight to eliminate the possibility of moisture inside the unit.

I could try that one. With the rice. Brown rice work okay? We eliminated white rice in our household lol.

The sound is still fantastic.. even a little off-centered it still sounds 10 times better than anything else I own.

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #5,130 of 5,225
Definitely try a different filter. Had exactly the same thing happen to mine, switched out the filter and boom, good as new! Worth a shot in any case.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back