LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #451 of 5,225
SW3 or A4. That's irrelevant. A flagship is the most important product to a company regardless of price and how mainstream a brand is. Now, please, go take your Sirius and leave this thread if you are going to keep posting trolling, absurd comments. I don't want this thread ruined.

Back on topic, what is every one's filters of choice?

how is the soundstage and separation of A4 in your brief listening in comparison with your SW3. I wanna to know if the soundstage and separation is at least as good as havi b3 pro or sw3 before i pull the trigger.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #452 of 5,225
I've got a serious problem. Should be listening to a couple of IEM's and earbuds to prepare for reviews but after listening to any of them for about ten minutes I start thinking of the A4 end can't concentrate any longer. Many times I end up with the A4 in my ears instead.....

Life's tough :wink:

how is the soundstage and separation of A4 in your brief listening in comparison with your SW3. I wanna to know if the soundstage and separation is at least as good as havi b3 pro or sw3 before i pull the trigger.

I'm a long time lover of the B3 (several years) and I'd say that soundstage and separation are at least on par on the A4. It's overall performance is superior though (and it's not often I think this).

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #453 of 5,225
I've got a serious problem. Should be listening to a couple of IEM's and earbuds to prepare for reviews but after listening to any of them for about ten minutes I start thinking of the A4 end can't concentrate any longer. Many times I end up with the A4 in my ears instead.....

Life's tough
wink.gif

I'm a long time lover of the B3 (several years) and I'd say that soundstage and separation are at least on par on the A4. It's overall performance is superior though (and it's not often I think this).

You stop it now with this overall praise of the A4, because I'm going to end up buying it. Waiting on Christmas funds (and how to convince myself I need them).

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #454 of 5,225
You stop it now with this overall praise of the A4, because I'm going to end up buying it. Waiting on Christmas funds (and how to convince myself I need them).

Ha ha, you could do worse for a Christmas gift to your self :wink:

Seriously though, I really love these IEM's A LOT :)

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #456 of 5,225
Someone mentioned these weren't basshead, but do they have good impact, rumble, can they handle eq in the bass regions?

The A4 has some great bass at levels I think most people will find-just right. Some few will find the bass end too much but the great thing is adjustments can be made for different preferences. I know it's hard to judge when we all hear a little differently. I just want a great IEM that does it all-is that too much to ask? LOL-! Good luck with your hunting. We're all music lovers here-that's what we have in common.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #457 of 5,225
Ordered mine from he who must not be named & splurged for the super shipping, the discount I got pretty much made it free anyway lol. Can't wait to try it, modular systems always bring me hours of unintended fun, trying em all out in wacky combinations.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #458 of 5,225
Ordered mine from he who must not be named & splurged for the super shipping, the discount I got pretty much made it free anyway lol. Can't wait to try it, modular systems always bring me hours of unintended fun, trying em all out in wacky combinations.

Awesome. Like I said got mine in 5 days!

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #460 of 5,225
Have you guys tried altering the filter? Red back red front and blue back blue front? I am goona try when i received my a4 hehe

I tried red red last night, it sounded "squashed". Had no air to breathe. The correct term is slipping my mind right now.

Blue Blue will have good extension but roll off at 100hz

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #461 of 5,225
So I see bass mentioned a lot. Are these right for me if I'm into clarity and soundstage? Also need something that isn't too sharp/fatiguing

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #462 of 5,225
So I see bass mentioned a lot. Are these right for me if I'm into clarity and soundstage? Also need something that isn't too sharp/fatiguing

The bass is strong but not overpowering. It's balanced and dynamic

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #464 of 5,225
Stronger than LZ A3S, SW3? I have both and don't want to purchase anything with less bass.

I haven't heard the A3. Been a while since the SW3 but I want to say similar, SW3 might be a bit more

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #465 of 5,225

Clarity, soundstage, non-fatiguing are all perfect descriptors for the A4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back