LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #4,441 of 5,225
I don't know about bass but the overall sound becomes quite after 1.5, 2 hrs with mine. Huge worry.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #4,442 of 5,225
I've had hours long listening sessions and no problems with the bass or otherwise. Sorry to hear about your troubles!

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #4,443 of 5,225
How long is your usual listening session with your LZ A4 earbuds? Do you have the issue of the Bass going quiet in one channel, after listening for some number of hours?

For the second time, I've had the Dynamic Driver (Bass) in an earbud, go off / extremely quiet - after listening to music, at low / medium loudness, for an extended time (first time was after 16-17 hours, this time after 5 hours).
I'm sitting in my quiet, 77°F, Living room, and the earbuds are connected to the Balanced output on my DP-X1 DAP.

If others are able to listen for long periods, without the Bass dropout, then maybe I've got a set of earbuds with Dynamic Drivers from a bad batch - and should see about replacing them.
I listen music with my A4 3 to 4 hours a day and never encounter any kind of problem like bass quite or any other changes in overall sound quality.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #4,444 of 5,225
Unfortunately I don't. Since Trinity couldn't deliver it to me before my holiday (I wanted something new to bring along) I canceled my order and bought the Magosi K3 HD instead.

However I did take advantage of Bob's parting offer so now I'm waiting for it again :wink: Good news is that it's shipped so I should be receiving it suddenly....
Can you please share some impressions about K3 HD, how they stand against A4 , thanks .

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #4,445 of 5,225
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,446 of 5,225
How long is your usual listening session with your LZ A4 earbuds? Do you have the issue of the Bass going quiet in one channel, after listening for some number of hours?

For the second time, I've had the Dynamic Driver (Bass) in an earbud, go off / extremely quiet - after listening to music, at low / medium loudness, for an extended time (first time was after 16-17 hours, this time after 5 hours).
I'm sitting in my quiet, 77°F, Living room, and the earbuds are connected to the Balanced output on my DP-X1 DAP.

If others are able to listen for long periods, without the Bass dropout, then maybe I've got a set of earbuds with Dynamic Drivers from a bad batch - and should see about replacing them.

Wait, wait, wait... You for real listen to music for 16-17 hours at a stretch!? I am torn between being impressed at your endurance, jealous that you can do that, and deeply concerned about your hearing. Godspeed, man. You are living the dream.

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #4,447 of 5,225
Aug 30, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #4,448 of 5,225
Aug 31, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #4,450 of 5,225
I don't know about bass but the overall sound becomes quite after 1.5, 2 hrs with mine. Huge worry.

For me at least, I have reached the conclusion that bass reduces after exposure to moisture. The bass drop out has happened to me a couple of times, notably after using them directly after showering, and once after walking in the rain. Both times it has lasted for a couple of days and has gone completely back to normal within a week.

Early on after I got them and I was swapping filters often I also noticed one ear had significantly louder highs and got worried, only to realize that the front filter was on loose, so make sure the filters are on reasonably tight and not leaking anything when you put them on.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #4,451 of 5,225
For those of you who have the LZ A4, and other more expensive earphones - Which brand / model do you consider to have a similar overall sound - with an upgrade in detail retrieval & sound stage presentation, while providing good low Bass response (tunable, if possible)?

Feel free to PM me, so this thread doesn't go too OT.

Thanks,
David Baldock

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #4,452 of 5,225
For those of you who have the LZ A4, and other more expensive earphones - Which brand / model do you consider to have a similar overall sound - with an upgrade in detail retrieval & sound stage presentation, while providing good low Bass response (tunable, if possible)?

Feel free to PM me, so this thread doesn't go too OT.

Thanks,
David Baldock
Go for A4's big brother the " Big Dipper " , i think it has everything you looking for , for more details and informations please check the Brooko''s review on them .

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,453 of 5,225
Go for A4's big brother the " Big Dipper " , i think it has everything you looking for , for more details and informations please check the Brooko''s review on them .

Thanks for the recommendation - but I'm not willing to switch cable connector types.
I've got more than a dozen sets of earbuds & earphones with MMCX connectors, so I don't really want to change, and start buying units with 0.78mm 2-Pin connectors.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #4,454 of 5,225
You're missing out then.

How good are they? I'm going to be selling my 64Audio U6 soon - just to buy the review pair I have. Absolute keepers.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #4,455 of 5,225
You're missing out then.

How good are they? I'm going to be selling my 64Audio U6 soon - just to buy the review pair I have. Absolute keepers.

Also, I guess I should have said I'm looking for earphones that are incrementally better than the LZ A4, rather than being 3 - 4 times more expensive. :astonished:

Maybe some that are in the $250 - $350 range.
And I really do prefer MMCX, for removable cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back