LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 790
Mine are in Swedish postal-limbo! Got here fast, but now there's no movement. Damned you postnord!

Postnord is s**t, I feel you..

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #62 of 790
so any impressions yet?

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #66 of 790
  Yes we all waiting on a few to hit home & get some comparisons happening. My guess is we all will buy at some stage.

I'm guessing you might be right :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #68 of 790
Mine cleared Chinese customs the 8th and I recived them today! First impressions are good, but I'm not blown away. Might be that I'm coming from the Flare R2a's which are pretty good though I don't really enjoy them that much. First impression is good soundstage, good bas but there's something about the upper mids that right now, with 5min of burn in and tip rolling, feel a bit harsh/artificial. I'll let them burn for a while, and let my brain burn in allso and I'm sure they'll grow on me. I think I'll put some comply's on them and try that allso

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #69 of 790
Mine cleared Chinese customs the 8th and I recived them today! First impressions are good, but I'm not blown away. Might be that I'm coming from the Flare R2a's which are pretty good though I don't really enjoy them that much. First impression is good soundstage, good bas but there's something about the upper mids that right now, with 5min of burn in and tip rolling, feel a bit harsh/artificial. I'll let them burn for a while, and let my brain burn in allso and I'm sure they'll grow on me. I think I'll put some comply's on them and try that allso

As I connected them to my desktop system, a Theta DAC and the liquid carbon, for burn in i noticed a Huge difference. The sound became clearer and less congested, so now I'm thinking they might be more source dependent then I thought. My initial impressions were straight out of my lg g3, might be time to fire up my cayin c5? Or maybe finally invest in a decent midfi DAP such as the ibasso dx 80 or maybe the cayin n5 (since I enjoy the c5) any thoughts?

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #70 of 790
I was wondering if someone here knows LZ and if so if we could get some shots of these before they are put together, I am interested in what the drivers look like and how they are oriented.  Normally I am always taking stuff apart to see how its made but in this case I doubt Ill be taking mine apart when they eventually get here at least until i break them.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #71 of 790
As I connected them to my desktop system, a Theta DAC and the liquid carbon, for burn in i noticed a Huge difference. The sound became clearer and less congested, so now I'm thinking they might be more source dependent then I thought. My initial impressions were straight out of my lg g3, might be time to fire up my cayin c5? Or maybe finally invest in a decent midfi DAP such as the ibasso dx 80 or maybe the cayin n5 (since I enjoy the c5) any thoughts?

iBasso DX80 > pick a good (portable) amp > plug your LZ-A3 = WIN :cool:

You can argue about picking up the DX80 first and the amp later or use your g3 with a good amp and let the DX80 in your wishlist. Personally I consider the iBasso an awesome transport device, really the best for that as far as I've seen at least (not much indeed) with his dual sd support (up to 400Gb of music in your pockets), physical buttons (they rock!!!) and kinda ultrawide touch screen. It has a bunch of out (including optical/coax) and on top of that some awesome modded fw and it's pretty much the way to go.

Unfortunately _in my opinion_ it lacks a bit in the main aspect for what one buys it which is listening at music. It's ok and probably more than that with these IEMs but it definitely calls for an additional amp.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #74 of 790
iBasso DX80 > pick a good (portable) amp > plug your LZ-A3 = WIN :cool:

You can argue about picking up the DX80 first and the amp later or use your g3 with a good amp and let the DX80 in your wishlist. Personally I consider the iBasso an awesome transport device, really the best for that as far as I've seen at least (not much indeed) with his dual sd support (up to 400Gb of music in your pockets), physical buttons (they rock!!!) and kinda ultrawide touch screen. It has a bunch of out (including optical/coax) and on top of that some awesome modded fw and it's pretty much the way to go.

Unfortunately _in my opinion_ it lacks a bit in the main aspect for what one buys it which is listening at music. It's ok and probably more than that with these IEMs but it definitely calls for an additional amp.

Thanks for your reply, I'm really not looking to build a "stack" I'd much prefer a single device. Allso seams a shame to me to buy a midfi DAP only for a transport? I have the cayin amp that I enjoy, guess I'll give that a try though the DAC of the g3 leave a lot to be desired

Users who are viewing this thread

Back