Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #347 of 5,290
16 066,48 руб. 5% DE RABAIS | W1 W2 декодирование ушной линии DAC Apple Android phone hifi fièvre tpyec поворот 4,4 3,5 маленький хвост
https://a.aliexpress.com/_AncaJ2
W2 est apparu dans ce magasin.
Very good expérience with my purchase of w1 on this store. Received it on 8 days

Attachments

• IMG20210204101326.jpg
    IMG20210204101326.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #350 of 5,290
^^^ WORD ^^^

worrying about battery degradation sucks....makes me very unwilling to spend above a certain amount on audio devices (TOTL DAPs, for example, are off the table for me because of this).
i have a Huawei P30 pro phone and after listening for 1 hour with the W1 connected my battery drained 1%. I expect the W2 to be in a similar range. Now i use IEM's and not On ear - I assume the On ear would drain more battery - but the DAC (W1) power consumption is very very small - much less than expected...
So no worries about this.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #351 of 5,290
Have anyone found any more news about the W2? Wonder if it can do DSD256? Is it line out on the W2?

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #353 of 5,290
Where? Except that Ali shop

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #355 of 5,290
I bought my W1 from hifigo.com - they are based in Shenzhen
https://hifigo.com/
and they said they have it beginning of march (means NOW). Musictek in the US is the main source to buy from - it is just for me in Europe a bit strange to buy a Chinese product shipped to the US and then forwarded to Europe...
So i think the Aliexpress link is great - i looked it up and it seems good to me.
Hifigo is another choice - waiting for their confirmation that they can ship.... and musictek in the US - 3 choices ...

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #356 of 5,290
The only question i have is if they really sell the W2 or just the black version of the W1. Sometimes it can be tricky with the Chinese (sorry) - I like China but as everywhere else there are honest people and not so honest people. I am very sure they sold two W1 to the people who gave good feedback - no problem.
But the W2 is so new and so fresh - i wonder who got a hand on them already.... Hard to say but any further insight by somebody may give more confidence !

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #357 of 5,290
The only question i have is if they really sell the W2 or just the black version of the W1. Sometimes it can be tricky with the Chinese (sorry) - I like China but as everywhere else there are honest people and not so honest people. I am very sure they sold two W1 to the people who gave good feedback - no problem.
But the W2 is so new and so fresh - i wonder who got a hand on them already.... Hard to say but any further insight by somebody may give more confidence !
The reviewers in China who have received both are pretty impressed by W2. Of course, we will need to take a discount for these “sponsored” reviews.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #358 of 5,290
Well this is interesting. I just recently purchased the Lotoo S1 and have been delighted by the precision, soundstage, and amplification using Z1R's and iPhone. I've tried several phone dongles (dragonfly, sonata, spectra x2), and so far am very impressed with the S1. Now I read about the W1 and W2 and have to choose whether to keep the S1 or return and order the W1, or even W2. Positives for S1: can decode mqa and can be upgraded via Mac. W1/W2 may or may not have those features in the future.

Has anyone come across a real-life comparison of the S1 and W1? People seem pretty excited by the W1/W2, but I wonder how they are sonically different from the Lotoo.

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #359 of 5,290
@AlexCBSN has both and said W1 sounds better than S1. However I think that opinion was shared before last S1 firmware update that added mqa and appears to have generally improved the sound s bit.

Mar 1, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #360 of 5,290
#Double Delight# There are three good news coming with the Luxury&Precision W2 – the Lux Instrument, the Lux Tuning, and the Lux Cable

The most frequent question we have received from last year to now is “When the W2 will be released?” The W2 was unveiled several months ago, but it has not been listed for sale until now. Hence, people whisper about the manufacturing challenges caused by the recent supply restrictions. Here is the answer: To provide the best user experience and product quality control, we gathered feedback from reviewers and kept revising and tuning the device accordingly. Now let me the three leaps we have accomplished during this time.

1. "Lux Instrument" – An in-house developed testbed for precise measurement and quality control

In the second half of last year, W2 was unveiled in a third-party laboratory with excellent results. You can find the full result here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-precision-w1-w2-portable-usb-dac-amp.18148/

In this test, the total distortion of the W2 is less than -118dB, which beats the typical distortion value of the CS43198 DAC chip, which drives the W2 by 3dB. It is already incredible to surpass the manufacturer’s typical performance. Considering the results are measured as the device’s overall performance, it becomes astonishing. Even comparing with full-stack desktop DACs, the distortion value of the W2 is still in the top tier. But at the same time, it becomes happy trouble: the superior performance of the W2 exceeded our AP2722’s measure range which is only reliable above -112dB. The W2’s outstanding performance poses a new challenge for factory testing.

Fortunately, we have considered the challenge of measuring ultra-high precision devices back several years ago. After continuous R&D, we finally complete the instrument at the end of last year. The newly developed measure instrument can detect distortion as low as -125dB, which is even better than the current top-tier audio analyzer APX555B. With this in-house developed instrument, it is finally possible to eliminate the biggest obstacle in the mass production of W2. Mr. Wan joked that this machine is finally worthy of the company name (Luxury&Precision Instrument)

2. "Lux Tuning" – Seamless switch between refinement and gentleness

Is a reliable technical performance capable of satisfying all audiophiles? Of course, it is impossible. Luxury&Precision always believes that performance measurements are objective, but human sensation is subjective and varies from person to person. In the past few months, experienced audiophiles have given us a lot of feedback and suggestions during the closed beta to improve sound tuning. Here, we appreciate the time and efforts devoted by our reviewers.

Based on numerous listening sessions and feedback, we changed the original architecture by adding a set of hardware to achieve this switchable sound tuning. One mode has a more refined and delicate sound. The other is gentler to listen in a long session without fatigue. We call this proprietary hardware-based tuning method “Lux Tuning”. The Lux Tuning received unanimous praises from reviewers, so I believe that this framework’s advent can satisfy a greater variety of sound preferences.

3. "Lux Cable" – Make every phone a powerhouse of drivability

The most challenging part of making a DAC-AMP dongle with good sound is the power supply. During the R&D process, many audiophiles reflected that DAC-AMP dongles have reliable drivability when connecting to desktop or laptops but lack power when paring with smartphones, especially iPhones. The sound popped and broke when the volume gets louder, reflecting an inadequate power supply. Since the most common user scenarios directly connect the dongle to low-power smartphones, solving this power supply problem is extremely critical.

To solve the power supply problem, we have two possible approaches:

1. How to bypass mobile phone power supply restrictions in the W2’s circuit design?

2. How to make a new cable that ensures a reliable power supply for the W2?

During this period, we have completed the corresponding work non-stop. Finally, we have the result: when paired with earphones with an impedance of 32 ohms or more, even if connecting to iPhone or other smartphones with power supply restrictions, the W2 can still reach its maximum volume without breaking the sound. This makes the W2 one of the few DAC-AMP dongles that can achieve maximum drivability on almost any Android/iOS device.

Regardless of how much effort we made or how many achievements we got, only our users can make the final call. Regarding the launch time of W2, Mr. Wan only said five words: “It should be next week.” Thanks to the HiFi community, and stay tuned to our newsletters about the W2’s sell information in detail!

MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back