Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #1,846 of 5,290
RHA CL2 sounds pretty darn good👍
There are much better options at over $600 and reviewers and most owners tend not to agree with you. Amazon is not a great point of reference, but it is factor when the iem only gets a 3.2 rating.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #1,847 of 5,290
There are much better options at over $600 and reviewers and most owners tend not to agree with you. Amazon is not a great point of reference, but it is factor when the iem only gets a 3.2 rating.
Hope you get a chance to hear them yourself one day. 😉

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #1,848 of 5,290
This just arrived and I'm using it with the W2 + Shanling M2s as source. The cable works perfectly and makes a big difference sonically. Deeperand wider soundstage. Better clarity overall. Testing qoth Trailli and as others mentioned it's a great on-the-go pairing.

Will be testing other USB cables as well. Getting a custom gold-plated one soon.
PD-60W-Thunderbolt-3-cable-Certified-40Gbps-Type-C-to-C-USB-Fast-USB-C-for.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #1,849 of 5,290
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).
As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #1,850 of 5,290
This just arrived and I'm using it with the W2 + Shanling M2s as source. The cable works perfectly and makes a big difference sonically. Deeperand wider soundstage. Better clarity overall. Testing qoth Trailli and as others mentioned it's a great on-the-go pairing.

Will ve testing other USB cables as well. Getting a custom gold-plated one soon.

does it hold a shape like a memory wire, and if not, how flexible is it?

Apr 9, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #1,852 of 5,290

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).

1. Nothing in particularly that I dislike.

2. Make a clean (*as in no headphone tuned) version of the firmware, or better yet, make an user-tunable version of the firmware. Better cable also won't hurt.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #1,853 of 5,290
Okay, here are the findings. It is a bad news/bad news result for the Iphone 12 Pro Max and good news/good news for the S20 Ultra. With the Iphone the voltage provided to the W2 is a low 3.76V at 0.24A and Volume at 93 is the last setting at which it is stable for me with the HE1000se (32 Ohm impedance). After that it sometimes works and sometimes just breaks up. Now the real bummer is that I can't seem to get the Iphone to attach to the W2 if I insert my power bank/hub in the middle.

The story for my S20 is a lot better. The voltage output from the phone is a healthy 5.26V and current switches between 0.11/0.12A. This does not seem to change when I ratchet it up to volume 100. There is drain on the phone battery but for an hour or two this is just fine. On a normal workday I have more than 50% battery left. When injecting the power/bank hub the voltage is actually a bit lower but the amperage is still 0.11/0.12A and now you can play and use the phone for a couple of days. Flight to Sidney is not a problem.

So on Android with a voltage above 5V the W2 uses about 0.6W of power. However driven by an IPhone with only 3.76V it uses almost 0.9W which leads to power regulation by the phone resulting in unstable operation. The power supplies inside the W2 seem to work a lot less efficient if fed with a lower input voltage.

If we use an apple camera kit and an external battery bank, what would we see on the screen (still 3.76V or around 5V)?

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #1,854 of 5,290
Okay, here are the findings. It is a bad news/bad news result for the Iphone 12 Pro Max and good news/good news for the S20 Ultra. With the Iphone the voltage provided to the W2 is a low 3.76V at 0.24A and Volume at 93 is the last setting at which it is stable for me with the HE1000se (32 Ohm impedance). After that it sometimes works and sometimes just breaks up. Now the real bummer is that I can't seem to get the Iphone to attach to the W2 if I insert my power bank/hub in the middle.

Iphone.jpg

The story for my S20 is a lot better. The voltage output from the phone is a healthy 5.26V and current switches between 0.11/0.12A. This does not seem to change when I ratchet it up to volume 100. There is drain on the phone battery but for an hour or two this is just fine. On a normal workday I have more than 50% battery left. When injecting the power/bank hub the voltage is actually a bit lower but the amperage is still 0.11/0.12A and now you can play and use the phone for a couple of days. Flight to Sidney is not a problem. Android.JPG
Android with power bank.JPG

So on Android with a voltage above 5V the W2 uses about 0.6W of power. However driven by an IPhone with only 3.76V it uses almost 0.9W which leads to power regulation by the phone resulting in unstable operation. The power supplies inside the W2 seem to work a lot less efficient if fed with a lower input voltage.
Seems fine on the iPhone 8 Plus.

Attachments

• 20210409_162217.jpg
    20210409_162217.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,855 of 5,290
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!
Leather case? yes why not? More colours please.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,856 of 5,290
1. Make a high quality leather case for protection and also to prevent the device getting warmer then it actually gets with normal use.
2. Lower the power output in the low gain for very sensitive IEMs ( anyone needs this ? ).
3. Add UAC1 mode like the S1, where you hold a button down while connecting to other device that have no drivers ( PlayStation, Nintendo Switch etc ).
4. Add more features that I can't think of at the moment :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #1,858 of 5,290

Will ve testing other USB cables as well. Getting a custom gold-plated one soon.
Could you provide a link please? Thanks

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,860 of 5,290
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone!
1. I enjoy the sound quality, output power, filters that actually change the sound signature.
2. Things to improve: Add user-customizable EQ settings, preferably via an app like Qudelix does with parametric EQ but it may need to be firmware-based as no Bluetooth here. Also, need better cables — the lightning one is loose and falls out; any color will do. The USB C port on my unit is losing connection (with any cable) and I am using electrical tape to secure it — improve build quality there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back