Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Nov 23, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #4,293 of 5,290
The question really is why all game console need UAC1.0 to work? The latest and greatest hardware that can render some of the most sophisticated games has underlying audio system that stuck a decade ago.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #4,295 of 5,290
I've just tested the newly uploaded V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware. The Apple M1 device connectivity issue that has been bothering me for several months has been finally solved!! W2 works with M1 iPad Pro like a charm. It took quite some time, but better late than never!! I've attached V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware file, because it requires a Baidu account to download (https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kCfiv5z1dNU5OYCxh82aCQ).

Attachments

• W1_V1.0.3.3_AS_NoHID.zip
    169.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #4,296 of 5,290
I've just tested the newly uploaded V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware. The Apple M1 device connectivity issue that has been bothering me for several months has been finally solved!! W2 works with M1 iPad Pro like a charm. It took quite some time, but better late than never!! I've attached V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware file, because it requires a Baidu account to download.
That’s great! I reported both the UAC 1.0 and M1 chip request to them in August, and I am glad that they are able to include/fix them now. :)

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #4,297 of 5,290
I've just tested the newly uploaded V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware. The Apple M1 device connectivity issue that has been bothering me for several months has been finally solved!! W2 works with M1 iPad Pro like a charm. It took quite some time, but better late than never!! I've attached V1.0.3.3 AS NoHID firmware file, because it requires a Baidu account to download (https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kCfiv5z1dNU5OYCxh82aCQ).
Also to quickly follow up, as the file name of this FW version suggests, the HID function is disabled in this version so that the device can be compatible with M1 chip. Note that this seems to be a “specific” version for M1 users (1.033) instead of the all-user version (1.034).

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #4,298 of 5,290
Guess I'd better dig in and learn how to update W2 firmware.....and do it while I still can use my Windows VM (using VMWare Fusion) on my current, old Macbook Pro. (I have a new 16" M1 Pro Macbook Pro ordered, and should be here in the next couple weeks, and that means no more Windows on macOS for any time soon as I won't use Parallels...don't ask, hahaha).

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #4,300 of 5,290
It would appear that I have no reason to use the updated fw.
Yeah most of these new firmwares are just adding functionalities instead of changing the sound. If the new functions do not appeal to you, there’s totally no need to do the update.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #4,301 of 5,290
Yeah most of these new firmwares are just adding functionalities instead of changing the sound. If the new functions do not appeal to you, there’s totally no need to do the update.
Not a gamer, so no need for uac1, will never own the Sonys, and haven't noticed any "bugs." So far, I'd prefer that nothing change.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #4,302 of 5,290
Also to quickly follow up, as the file name of this FW version suggests, the HID function is disabled in this version so that the device can be compatible with M1 chip. Note that this seems to be a “specific” version for M1 users (1.033) instead of the all-user version (1.034).
Curious if you are still updating the title of the thread with the latest update and hosting the file(s) on page one? I‘m not a fan of downloading files from unsecured foreign sites, but I did anyway and was surprised that it was a rar versus a zip file. Unpacked the W1_W2_V1.0.3.4_AS.rar file and the title changed to W1_V1.0.3.4_AS.bin (no reference to W2 anymore) and the date of the file was 5/1/14. Needless to say I stopped there and kept this file in a sandboxed OS and didn‘t install it. Waiting on some folks I trust here to say the “All Clear” :wink:

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #4,303 of 5,290
Curious if you are still updating the title of the thread with the latest update and hosting the file(s) on page one? I‘m not a fan of downloading files from unsecured foreign sites, but I did anyway and was surprised that it was a rar versus a zip file. Unpacked the W1_W2_V1.0.3.4_AS.rar file and the title changed to W1_V1.0.3.4_AS.bin (no reference to W2 anymore) and the date of the file was 5/1/14. Needless to say I stopped there and kept this file in a sandboxed OS and didn‘t install it. Waiting on some folks I trust here to say the “All Clear” :wink:
All clear !
I downloaded the file myself from Luxuryprecison website and no problem.

Nov 23, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #4,305 of 5,290
OK I have updated the OP. However I have not tried either of them myself; been busy with holiday stuff so I am trusting fellows here to verify the validity of them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back