Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #3,226 of 5,290
c) ask Andrew if he would ship this item with standard mail for 12$ instead of DHL Express or so and we just wait 1 week or 10 days.
Good idea, have you asked yet or shall I?

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #3,227 of 5,290
Very nice indeed! How does the magnet thing work with phones? Is it useable? This would actually be my only use-case for the case…
The product will come with both a magnetic sticker and the case. I think we can just attach the sticker at the back of our phone, and then the case will be able to adhere to it with built-in magnets.

1624388861386.png

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #3,228 of 5,290
The product will come with both a magnetic sticker and the case. I think we can just attach the sticker at the back of our phone, and then the case will be able to adhere to it with built-in magnets.

That's a great idea with the magnet.
Am yet thinking about how to use that patent to attach W2 case to the trousers instead of a clip...

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #3,229 of 5,290
That's a great idea with the magnet.

as long as the cable is not too stiff. I just got OEaudio usb-c to usb-c short interconnect cable and the build quality is solid like a brick, also high quality connectors, and it even improves the sound, cleaner for sure. But it is so stiff, you will probably need a very strong magnet to hold it in place.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #3,230 of 5,290
as long as the cable is not too stiff. I just got OEaudio usb-c to usb-c short interconnect cable and the build quality is solid like a brick, also high quality connectors, and it even improves the sound, cleaner for sure. But it is so stiff, you will probably need a very strong magnet to hold it in place.
The earlier discussed ddhifi cables are pretty flexible and good quality but I have to confess that I also had disconnects with them every now and then moving inside of my jeans pocket.
Potentially the connectivity is more solid when not having to squeeze both W2 and phone into the pocket
I will try the stock magnet first before modding.
PS: good that we re not using magnetic digital storages anymore nowadays nearby 😉

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,231 of 5,290
Listening to W2 on IPhone / IPad with Traillii for 2 days now without touching my other gear which wasn't the case before with other streaming services like Tidal / Amazon.
Don't know if that has been examined in some other thread meanwhile but imho Apple Music is sounding more analogue, a tad warmer and rounded on upper mids which before became sometimes too piercing with some recordings.
Not the case anymore.

Am seriously considering W2 to remain my only portable setup...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #3,232 of 5,290
Listening to W2 on IPhone / IPad with Traillii for 2 days now without touching my other gear which wasn't the case before with other streaming services like Tidal / Amazon.
Don't know if that has been examined in some other thread meanwhile but imho Apple Music is sounding more analogue, a tad warmer and rounded on upper mids which before became sometimes too piercing with some recordings.
Not the case anymore.

Am seriously considering W2 to remain my only portable setup...
Seems to be the way a lot of folks are converging towards. :)

Maybe to keep a dap just in case, but nothing too fancy.

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #3,233 of 5,290
I just ordered the Oeaudio USB C to USB C cable for the W2 even though I got an Anker short cable today. The Anker does work well. The OEaudio cable seems solid. I am such a sucker for interconnect cables. :) All my USB A to micro and macro USB are things of the past with these USB C days among us.

Edit: and I just ordered the OEaudio USB C to Lightning cable.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #3,234 of 5,290
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,235 of 5,290
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3,236 of 5,290
I just ordered the Oeaudio USB C to USB C cable for the W2 even though I got an Anker short cable today. The Anker does work well. The OEaudio cable seems solid. I am such a sucker for interconnect cables. :) All my USB A to micro and macro USB are things of the past with these USB C days among us.

Edit: and I just ordered the OEaudio USB C to Lightning cable.

It is truly a great otg cable (OEaudio), as long as you don't mind it being stiff due to all that shielding and isolation. Also, have ddhifi cables incoming for testing/comparison.

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3,238 of 5,290
Yes the magnets do look pretty strong. :)

LP also noted that some latest phones come with built-in magnets, such as the MagSafe in iPhone 12. For those phones, we may not need to apply the extra magnetic clip to the phone at all.

For that phone in the video, I don’t see the clip being applied. Maybe it is one of those phones with the built-in magnets.

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #3,239 of 5,290
A correction from my side. The included clip (to be attached to the phone) has no magnets in it. It is just a piece of metal so that the magnets in the W2 case can adhere to it.

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #3,240 of 5,290
A correction from my side. The included clip (to be attached to the phone) has no magnets in it. It is just a piece of metal so that the magnets in the W2 case can adhere to it.
All looks good @bluestorm1992 . It will be great when I travel with my iPhone 12. Still waiting for the Taobao merchant to ship out my order though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back