Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 10, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #691 of 5,290
Wow, that was fast! Of course you now have the task of giving us the first impressions!

Soundstage better than paw s1, obviously more power, and cleaner sound too! I’m hearing details that I wasn’t hearing on the paw :)

Edit: I like tune 1 more than tune 2

Edit2: oh, hearing a bit of emi :/ so I don’t think this resolves that problem. I switched the cable and haven’t heard any since but I’ll let you know if it comes back.

Bass is cleaner on this too (versus paw s1). I’m hearing distinct details and background voices that I wasn’t with paw s1. So soundstage is def wider

Edit3: just played “genie in a bottle” (I like this song for testing bass cuz the intro hits HARD) and I’m hearing a piece of sub bass (kinda like a reverb that plays consistently through the song) in the left IEM. Was not hearing this at all on paw. 0.0

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #692 of 5,290
Soundstage better than paw s1, obviously more power, and cleaner sound too! I’m hearing details that I wasn’t hearing on the paw :)

Edit2: oh, hearing a bit of emi :/ so I don’t think this resolves that problem. I switched the cable and haven’t heard any since but I’ll let you know if it comes back.

Bass is cleaner on this too (versus paw s1). I’m hearing distinct details and background voices that I wasn’t with paw s1. So soundstage is def wider

Edit3: just played “genie in a bottle” (I like this song for testing bass cuz the intro hits HARD) and I’m hearing a piece of sub bass (kinda like a reverb that plays consistently through the song) in the left IEM. Was not hearing this at all on paw. 0.0
Nice! Now I really cannot wait till I receive mine!

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #693 of 5,290
Ok guys, went through the entire 47 pages before asking the questions.
1. Can the W1 be driven by an old android phone with Microusb port?
2. Just sold my Hiby R2, initially was planning to get to sony nw-A55. will be W1 be an upgrade Sqwise?
3. Will it get MQA support?
Going to order mine from HiFiGo. Had good purchase experience with them before.
Thanks in advance!

Mar 10, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #694 of 5,290
I feel bad for all you folks stuck on MQA. Offers no particular benefit but creates such a hassle for purchasing gear.

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #695 of 5,290
I was looking at some W2 (Chinese) documents from LP, and I caught a detail that LP claims they put a lot of effort in making sure that W2 will not generate distorted sound even if you push the volume to 100. This even works with iPhone which imposes a strict power supply limitation, and W2 is able to bypass this restriction.

However, the white stock usb cable seems to be a key element for achieving this. I even recall seeing some early reports that W2 got delayed because they are making this specialized usb c cable.

For people who have received W2, it may be useful to note this.

三、“乐线材”——让手机+W2推力释放至MAX

小尾巴“出好声”的难点,就在于供电、供电和供电。在研发过程中,我们收到了不少烧友反应:不少号称大推力的小尾巴在连PC时推力很不错,可是连手机尤其是IPHONE系列,受手机供电影响,推力指标下降严重,比标称推力低很多。具体表现是:音量稍大就爆音。我们调研过市面小尾巴的主流搭配,绝大多数使用场景都是和手机相连,如果外接一个实际推力比手机还小的小尾巴,那这个产品不是多此一举了?因此,解决手机连接场景的供电问题,才是重中之重。

要解决这一难题,只能从两部分入手:

1.如何在W2电路设计上绕开手机供电限制?

2.如何制作与W2满血输出相匹配的新线材?

1615436403310.jpeg

这段时间我们马不停蹄地完成了相应工作,具体技术细节就不作详叙了,只给大家汇报最终的效果:在搭配32欧姆负载以上耳机时,哪怕连接最新版本IPHONE等有供电限制的手机,都能达到或接近最大音量(推力)不破音,也就意味着,手机+W2也能享受到“满血输出”,这应该是市面上少有的、真正能让苹果手机用户体验到“砖头级”推力的“小尾巴”。

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #696 of 5,290
I feel bad for all you folks stuck on MQA. Offers no particular benefit but creates such a hassle for purchasing gear.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Keep in mind you probably have preferences and wishes that some who might be less discreet might also mock.

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #697 of 5,290
W2, oh, my... and with Traillii, double that.

In terms of features it is more advanced than S1, since in addition to EQ/effects and gain, along with volume control, with W1/W2 you also get digital filters (including NOS), SPDIF (optional on/off), either volume control of W1/W2 or can switch to remote volume control of your source, being able to keep display always on or off after time out, and W2 also offers custom DSP Tune profiles (W1 doesn't have that). W2 soundstage is huge, better than W1 and S1, and to my ears the overall sound has better macro/micro dynamics.

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #698 of 5,290
I was looking at some W2 (Chinese) documents from LP, and I caught a detail that LP claims they put a lot of effort in making sure that W2 will not generate distorted sound even if you push the volume to 100. This even works with iPhone which imposes a strict power supply limitation, and W2 is able to bypass this restriction.

However, the white stock usb cable seems to be a key element for achieving this. I even recall seeing some early reports that W2 got delayed because they are making this specialized usb c cable.

For people who have received W2, it may be useful to note this.

三、“乐线材”——让手机+W2推力释放至MAX

小尾巴“出好声”的难点,就在于供电、供电和供电。在研发过程中,我们收到了不少烧友反应:不少号称大推力的小尾巴在连PC时推力很不错,可是连手机尤其是IPHONE系列,受手机供电影响,推力指标下降严重,比标称推力低很多。具体表现是:音量稍大就爆音。我们调研过市面小尾巴的主流搭配,绝大多数使用场景都是和手机相连,如果外接一个实际推力比手机还小的小尾巴,那这个产品不是多此一举了?因此,解决手机连接场景的供电问题,才是重中之重。

要解决这一难题,只能从两部分入手:

1.如何在W2电路设计上绕开手机供电限制?

2.如何制作与W2满血输出相匹配的新线材?

这段时间我们马不停蹄地完成了相应工作,具体技术细节就不作详叙了,只给大家汇报最终的效果:在搭配32欧姆负载以上耳机时,哪怕连接最新版本IPHONE等有供电限制的手机,都能达到或接近最大音量(推力)不破音,也就意味着,手机+W2也能享受到“满血输出”,这应该是市面上少有的、真正能让苹果手机用户体验到“砖头级”推力的“小尾巴”。
Interesting. I got mine today -- the sound is indeed wonderful. The only minor quibble is actually the iPhone cable -- it's a little bit loose, so I had a few unintended disconnections. It does seem to work with other OTG cables but the iPhone battery drain seems slowest with the stock cable (of course, this is very preliminary).

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #699 of 5,290
Maybe yes, maybe no. Keep in mind you probably have preferences and wishes that some who might be less discreet might also mock.

Not mocking anyone, legitimately feel bad for people subbed to Tidal for whom MQA is important given the hassles.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #700 of 5,290

Any more issues with emi?

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #701 of 5,290
W2, oh, my... and with Traillii, double that.

In terms of features it is more advanced than S1, since in addition to EQ/effects and gain, along with volume control, with W1/W2 you also get digital filters (including NOS), SPDIF (optional on/off), either volume control of W1/W2 or can switch to remote volume control of your source, being able to keep display always on or off after time out, and W2 also offers custom DSP Tune profiles (W1 doesn't have that). W2 soundstage is huge, better than W1 and S1, and to my ears the overall sound has better macro/micro dynamics.
Hey! Million dollar question: Do you have a feeling that it Is worth the price compared to the competition ? Do u have Roon? If you have, can you test it with it? The reason im buying mine is to connect it to an Rpi with Ropieee and use it with Roon. :)

BTW, have u tried any LG V/G series phones? If you have, is your impressions that the sound quality of W2 is better?

Im sitting on the edge and about to order. There isnt many W2 's for sale i have heard. Just need to be sure its a good buy for IEMs since the price of W2 is my whole dac/amp for IEM budget:)

Thanks

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #702 of 5,290
If anybody here have Roon, can you try the W2 with it? Im using Roon an dneed to know that it will work:)

Mar 11, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #704 of 5,290
Congratulations everyone 😊.
The DHL driver here has stopped who knows where to eat and watch the news before further deliveries.
Same with me, but W2 is yet on Autobahn in DHL van heading to my city 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back