Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 8, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #586 of 5,290
the w1 has a very detailed sound with a nice neutrality. the bass is punchy, crisp. the mediums perfectly transcribed. we have a very nice recovery of the details with a high level voice reproduction. we can hear the words well, it's clear, precise. the separation of the instruments is very good. precise treble without unnecessary emphasis as is the case with the btr5 which makes my dk2001 a bit aggressive in the high frequencies. with the w1, it's soft, precise. the dk2001 express themselves wonderfully with. looks like they were made for this w1. a real pleasure. the btr5 looks muddy, boomy but unrefined. in short, the sound is crisp, musical, detailed and with great precision. the btr5 is pitiful in comparison. otherwise I don't have a DAP, I don't like it. i have a 16th meizu which is good but of course can't wrestle ....
I also do have a BTR5 from Fiio and have exactly the same impression as WB79- W1 is far better than any Fiio it seems.

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #587 of 5,290
nice to hear WB79 that you managed to fix your W1 problem. So the recovery RAR that I sent you was that the thing that changed it ? I am just curious because L&P had provide me a lot of files and data end of January and so for me I did not even need most of it.
My former firmware out of the box was not this firmware that I have taken hère. W1 sounds different and I can see the firmware model when I plugin to my phone by pressing the little button. It was impossible for me before and I tried many time

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #588 of 5,290
It seems to me that Hifigo simply buys LP’s product like regular Chinese users, and then arrange their own shipment. Users in mainland China will receive their items as early as tomorrow.

Musicteck, on the other hand, receives a bulk order from LP. Their expected shipping time (this Friday) is considering that LP will ship it to them tomorrow and they should hopefully receive it by Friday if the custom process goes well.
If Hifigo buys LP products like regular Chinese users and then resell, it‘s one of two things: either LP products sell for a lot less money in mainland China than abroad, or Hifigo is in the audiophile charity business :sunglasses:

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #589 of 5,290
If Hifigo buys LP products like regular Chinese users and then resell, it‘s one of two things: either LP products sell for a lot less money in mainland China than abroad, or Hifigo is in the audiophile charity business :sunglasses:
You never know, if you buy a lot you can usually get a good discounted price in China. Besides, most prices are negotiable if you know the store owner/brand rep very well.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #590 of 5,290
We had a similar discussion in iBasso and Hiby threads about where to buy DAPs from, and it was mentioned when you are dealing with an authorized seller and something goes wrong, the seller will take care of a replacement under warranty. If you are dealing with 3rd party re-seller, when you send them back your broken product they have to deal with the source they bought it from and it involves extra wait time.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #591 of 5,290
Well, it looks like W2 buyers will get white cables with their black W2s 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://post.smzdm.com/p/alxd6olo/
https://www.0db.co.kr/NEWS/1806593

Sincerely hope it won't be the case for the ones @MusicTeck will receive.

Difficult to get an accurate picture of what's conveyed from a sound standpoint.

Seems that the "Blue Dragonfly" (Cobalt?) is slightly warmer.

I just hope the W2's not too neutral as I like a bit of warmth.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #593 of 5,290
I am just curious why DFC must be mentioned almost every occasion when someone wanted to compare USB audio dongles. Admittedly I have not heard the DFC myself, there are already quite a few hardcore measurement published pointing to a somewhat subpar device for its asking price. You will think that is enough of a red flag to stay away from it.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #594 of 5,290
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #596 of 5,290
Musicteck has the W2 instock now :)

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #597 of 5,290
Musicteck has the W2 instock now :)
According to their website still not on stock
I haven't got an email about shipping from them yet 🙄

Attachments

• 56B7F0B4-BFA3-46FC-A676-DC584CD8C611.png
    56B7F0B4-BFA3-46FC-A676-DC584CD8C611.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #599 of 5,290
Maybe they are processing USA internal orders first and collecting the external ones for shipping in bundle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back