Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #602 of 5,290
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #604 of 5,290
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #605 of 5,290
What do we now about features? Afaik it has some spatial features that is not EQ in "Tone 1" and "Tone 2".

I saw the Chinese review, But google translate didnt do much for me.. How did you interpret /understand the conclusion of the Chinese reviewer?

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #606 of 5,290
What do we now about features? Afaik it has some spatial features that is not EQ in "Tone 1" and "Tone 2".

I saw the Chinese review, But google translate didnt do much for me.. How did you interpret /understand the conclusion of the Chinese reviewer?
I understood that W1 is cheaper but dryer from tonality and not as good driving flagship IEMs as W2.
W2 has a more wet presentation and better authority for driving earphones.
He is regarding W2 as the better deal.
Tone 1/2 modes are told to be good for switching from detailed holografic presentation to more lush, rounded, relaxed presentation, potentially cutting some high frequencies

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #608 of 5,290
Can't wait for the first impressions from you guys. Hopefully mine will arrive next week.
also very curious and exited.
Doing A-B with Lotoo S1 and my TOTL DAP and my gears, it's still a bit night-and-day-difference, but what can one expect for little money.
Am hoping W2 is getting a bit closer...

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #609 of 5,290
also very curious and exited.
Doing A-B with Lotoo S1 and my TOTL DAP and my gears, it's still a bit night-and-day-difference, but what can one expect for little money.
Am hoping W2 is getting a bit closer...
Has your W2 been shipped?

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #610 of 5,290
Mar 9, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #611 of 5,290
I understood that W1 is cheaper but dryer from tonality and not as good driving flagship IEMs as W2.
W2 has a more wet presentation and better authority for driving earphones.
He is regarding W2 as the better deal.
Tone 1/2 modes are told to be good for switching from detailed holografic presentation to more lush, rounded, relaxed presentation, potentially cutting some high frequencies
This doesn’t seem to bad in terms of tuning for someone like me who’d like to avoid an analytical tuning and prefers a musical one.

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #612 of 5,290
This doesn’t seem to bad in terms of tuning for someone like me who’d like to avoid an analytical tuning and prefers a musical one.
That's also what I heard in TOTL DAP discussions like DX300 using same DAC chips...
At the end the overall implementation will nevertheless decide plus how your IEM / headphone pairs with its own tonality

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #613 of 5,290
That's also what I heard in TOTL DAP discussions like DX300 using same DAC chips...
At the end the overall implementation will nevertheless decide plus how your IEM / headphone pairs with its own tonality
Agreed, this DAC which I know well from my Astell & Kern SR25 and Ikko Zerda ITM03, leans more towards musicality although implementation makes a world of difference.

I’m usually not an AKM fan but, for example, Dethonray Honey H1 is a marvel of musical/detail balance which blows pretty much everything I’ve heard, up to A&K SP1000M’s price point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back