Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #437 of 5,290
I will just wait for all your reviews :sunglasses:
Yeah, I have so many dongles now (Lotoo S1, Hidizs S8 and S9, Minidsp il-DSP, Helm Bolt, 9038S gen2), I too want to see if this is worthwhile upgrade...

But, now I have to think about maybe selling some gear!

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #438 of 5,290
I use a Oriolus Trailli IEM which as to various comments is one of the best if not the best IEM on the market today.
I connected my IEM to a top of the range Yamaha Hifi-AMP who has a Headphone output and he got the music analog produced by a T&A MP3000HV Musicserver that has 6 highest quality DAC inside (3 for each channel) who does upsampling to 384Khz. Then i compared to listening to the same music piece with my Huawei P30 pro smartphone and the W1 as DAC to connect to the Trailli.
The difference is absolutely minute - and the difference is that the Trailli sounds a tiny bit more clinical - meaning has a slightly higher pitch (or sharper pitch) in the sound but a tiny little bit more clarity as well. So we compare a 7500 Euro DAC Music Server with 15kg weight which is in the top range of Hifi equipment to a 200 USD DAC from L&P and the difference is minute.
That is the quality they have put into this tiny little dongle.

Anyway - trust me - their products are exceptional - after my test yesterday I am even more convinced that before.
Ummm... So a 200 euro dongle is only minutely different from a 7500 euro 6 DAC + TOL amp? Do tell. Now I'm definitely not buying the W1, as nothing can live up to that hype.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #439 of 5,290
Ummm... So a 200 euro dongle is only minutely different from a 7500 euro 6 DAC + TOL amp? Do tell. Now I'm definitely not buying the W1, as nothing can live up to that hype.
Depending on your transducer could certainly be the case, its measured performance is transparent, only whether the output power is sufficient for the headphones attached (I don't anticipate this replacing my desktop rig for the Abyss, for example).

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #440 of 5,290
Perhaps those 7500 Euro gears are not designed to drive IEMs.

I once tried my JVC FW10000 on Xiaudio Broadway Amp (fed from Burson Composer 3XP), which has enough power to drive Abyss Diana and even 1266. The sound was just...not good

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #443 of 5,290
I wonder how the W1/W2 compare to the Hiby R5, which uses the same chips. Anyone in a position to compare?
Just comparing Hiby R5 and Ibasso DX160 which uses the same chips, they already sound so different (warm vs neutral imo). Don't think the chip is going to be the main deciding factor but the implementation.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #445 of 5,290
I appreciate the fact that the main approved distributor for this product for the market outside of Asia is participating in this thread.
Am wondering if we could report any serious future issues through MusicTeck to Luxary & Precision as they are themselves not present in the forum?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #446 of 5,290
Good that Musicteck has it, but its not a Great solution for us EU citizens when shipping and Vat will be almost 150 USD on TOP of 299

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #447 of 5,290
I appreciate the fact that the main approved distributor for this product for the market outside of Asia is participating in this thread.
Am wondering if we could report any serious future issues through MusicTeck to Luxary & Precision as they are themselves not present in the forum?
The product will come with warranty and Andrew will help you out right away in case something goes wrong.
No need to worry.

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #448 of 5,290
Good that Musicteck has it, but its not a Great solution for us EU citizens when shipping and Vat will be almost 150 USD on TOP of 299
The W2 will cost 436,25 usd for me to buy from Musicteck. And thats excluded handling fee. So it will be around 450. I feel that we European`s( especially Scandinavians with 25% VAT) are always taking the shortest straw when it comes to equipment likes this. F.ex the resell value is very low due to what we actually paid. I really want to buy this new, but since i need to pay 50% more than us customers, i have to wait until i can buy it used or buy it new without warranty from China. Its quite sad, but due to shiping costs back and forth, buying it without warranty will almost be worth it. But its not Musicteck`s fault at all. I just really wished that there would be a good solution for us.

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #449 of 5,290
The W2 will cost 436,25 usd for me to buy from Musicteck. And thats excluded handling fee. So it will be around 450. I feel that we European`s( especially Scandinavians with 25% VAT) are always taking the shortest straw when it comes to equipment likes this. F.ex the resell value is very low due to what we actually paid. I really want to buy this new, but since i need to pay 50% more than us customers, i have to wait until i can buy it used or buy it new without warranty from China. Its quite sad, but due to shiping costs back and forth, buying it without warranty will almost be worth it. But its not Musicteck`s fault at all. I just really wished that there would be a good solution for us.
I share totally your point of view.

I am a French guy living in Poland and have same ''issue'' I guess I will buy via aliexpress or hifigo (when it will be available).

By the way, I am lost with this thread. Musicteck and Hifigo are authorized reseller or only Musicteck ? if yes, from where come from this statement ? thanks for your help in this

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #450 of 5,290
I share totally your point of view.

I am a French guy living in Poland and have same ''issue'' I guess I will buy via aliexpress or hifigo (when it will be available).

By the way, I am lost with this thread. Musicteck and Hifigo are authorized reseller or only Musicteck ? if yes, from where come from this statement ? thanks for your help in this
Only MusicTeck as it seems
@HiFyAK2020 seems to have a direct wire to the production company....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back