Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jan 22, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #1,517 of 1,603
@Ultrainferno

Were you eventually able to install the update for the L3 Pro? Apparently the update doesn't work for my test and review sample either while it worked just fine for the L3 non-Pro. 

Edit: Nevermind my question above; apparently L3 Pro review and test units have the ability to update the firmware disabled at the moment.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #1,518 of 1,603
  @Ultrainferno

Were you eventually able to install the update for the L3 Pro? Apparently the update doesn't work for my test and review sample either while it worked just fine for the L3 non-Pro. 

Edit: Nevermind my question above; apparently L3 Pro review and test units have the ability to update the firmware disabled at the moment.

That's correct :)

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #1,519 of 1,603
I tested the 1.0.0.4 on my L3. and everything looks about the same.
Didn't notice a change in sound, an my L3 is not buggy at all, so its still very stable
One important thing, is that the "update media library" button is now on the bottom of the menu, instead on the top. So that got fixed.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #1,520 of 1,603
All,

I've tried going through this whole thread and also doing a search of HEAD-FI but can someone tell me if there is any chance of installing Rockbox on this player or is anyone even working towards that effort.

I really like the look of this player and the positive post concerning it's sound but it seems limited by it's own OS.

Thanks

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #1,521 of 1,603
  All,

I've tried going through this whole thread and also doing a search of HEAD-FI but can someone tell me if there is any chance of installing Rockbox on this player or is anyone even working towards that effort.

I really like the look of this player and the positive post concerning it's sound but it seems limited by it's own OS.

Thanks

Not going to happen soon I think :)

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,525 of 1,603

Rockbox on the L3 would be killer.
I would LOVE to have that feature

RockBox would be killer indeed. Unfortunately I think it's not supported by the L3's chip (but that's above my technical knowledge of embedded systems).

That's my understanding as well, L3/L3Pro is not rockbox-able
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back