Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Dec 4, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,486 of 1,603
Around 50 to $100

I've owned sennheiser cx 300 ii, mi pistons 2.1, mi hybrid pistons, t-jays 1. mostly basic earphones, i'm kinda new to this hi-fi stuff honestly :)

I prefer a bassy sound, but still want to hear everything in detail especially the vocals and instruments. its just that there's no custom EQ on the L3, can't amp up the bass a littlle, the normal EQ preset sounds fine it just lacks bass imo. I grew up listening to bass heavy genres so i'm accustomed to amping up the bass.

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,487 of 1,603

What's your budget?

What in-ears have you heard/owned so far? What did you like about them and in what areas would you wish the new in-ears to differ?

Would you say that you rather prefer a bassy, bass-heavy, warm, bright, neutral, balanced, mid-focused or v-shaped (elevated bass and treble) sound?

Around 50 to $100

I've owned sennheiser cx 300 ii, mi pistons 2.1, mi hybrid pistons, t-jays 1. mostly basic earphones, i'm kinda new to this hi-fi stuff honestly :)

I prefer a bassy sound, but still want to hear everything in detail especially the vocals and instruments. its just that there's no custom EQ on the L3, can't amp up the bass a littlle, the normal EQ preset sounds fine it just lacks bass imo. I grew up listening to bass heavy genres so i'm accustomed to amping up the bass.

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #1,488 of 1,603
@basefi

I have no idea about what the t-Jays sound like, but the Sennheiser and Xiaomi in-ears have both got a strongly v-shaped sound signature.
If your new in-ears are supposed to go into the same direction, I personally have no suiting in-ear on my mind.

What did you have before the L3? It is a neutral sounding player, so actually doesn't really "lack" anything (with disabled EQ at least). If a strong sound manipulation by pumping up the bass using an EQ is your goal, I think the Cowon Plenue D might have been the better choice imho.

Anyway, back to the in-ears: the only model(s) that comes into my mind at the moment and are an improvement over the Pistons are unfortunately above your budget.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #1,490 of 1,603
@HiFiChris

My main in-ears are the pistons 2.1, i really like its sound and suits my preference of songs. What model/s do you have in mind? I'll consider even if its above my budget as long as it sounds better than the pistons 2.1 with the same sound signature.

I have a ipod touch before the L3, i always listen to songs on EQ Bass, since the EQ disabled lacks bass. I was about to do the same on my L3 but the Bass EQ sounds bad and there's no custom EQ sadly.

I love the sound of the L3 no complaints about it, its just that the DAP isin't feature rich, lacks customization (especially custom EQ) and the UI is quite bare (too bare), considering they even used a touch screen that isn't put into good use. My L3 was given as a gift :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #1,493 of 1,603
  @HiFiChris

How bout connecting an amp into l3? like fiio e6, will it help boost the bass?

Sure, due to the E6's additional bass boost feature (one click on the on/off switch) will boost the bass (I think by 6 dB - don't quote me on that number though, as I guess I haven't used the E6 within the last ~ 5 years. Be assured though that it has got a bass boost feature).

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #1,494 of 1,603
@HiFiChris

Thanks for all your inputs appreciate it!, i'm really new to this hi-fi stuff apologies if i kept asking questions.

Are there any newer amp similar to the fiio e6 in terms of price? i seem to have a hard time finding e6's.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,497 of 1,603
Can the internal memory be reformatted? my L3 seems to be buggy.. it shuts down and resets some of its settings to default (language in chinese, brightness etc.) after a few minutes when i set a certain duration in sleep mode, but when sleep mode is disabled it seems to be ok

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #1,498 of 1,603
I don't know if my firmware version is the cause, strangely its in v1.0.0.5 out of the box. After doing some research the latest firmware is 1.0.0.4, i tried updating the firmware of my L3 to 1.0.0.4 but it can't detect the .iso file of 1.0.0.4.

My L3 is very buggy, aside from the bug posted above it also drains the battery and gets quite warmish when I disable sleep mode and turn off the screen(when i'm not using L3) to avoid the sleep mode reset bug every time i'll use it.

A photo of my L3's system info is in this link since i can't upload images here: https://s16.postimg.org/57r8l1xad/20161206_131015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back