Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Oct 9, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #1,443 of 1,603
Hi, thanks for the review , are you saying this dap would not be a good pairing for multi driver iem, I have the 64 audio U10, and was considering this Dap ?cheers

It totally depends on what you used to use as a source device before and on how tolerable you are to slight/medium frequency deviations compared to a ≤ 1 Ohm output.
There are some multi-driver in-ears that show only very minimal ≤ 0.5 dB deviation with a 3-4 Ohm output whereas others already sound different driven by a 1.5 Ohm source compared to one with 0.2 Ohms. I have no idea how critically your ADEL in-ears react in this regard.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,446 of 1,603
After listening to this and the Caiyn N5 , I went for the L3, also design wise I prefer this as well , it's just that bit smaller and lighter. I wonder if there is any point in getting a 3.5-2.mm bal adaptor for my 64audio adel ?

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,448 of 1,603
My take on the L3 Pro, of course also including a comparison with the L3 (and others):​

​

​

​

Thank you! A really good review, backed by measurements and makes me feel a bit better about not being able to have the option of upgrading. It sounds like the differences are so small that other than for feeling a little more "lux", it wouldn't be worth the extra to get the Pro (or sell the L3 and get an L3Pro.

In any case, they didn't do anything to drop the output impedence, so it doesn't do any better or worse with low impedence multi-BA IEMs (not that I use any in the first place).

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,449 of 1,603

Thank you! A really good review, backed by measurements and makes me feel a bit better about not being able to have the option of upgrading. It sounds like the differences are so small that other than for feeling a little more "lux", it wouldn't be worth the extra to get the Pro (or sell the L3 and get an L3Pro.

Yeah, only very small differences on the sound side (from what I perceive). But it is not much surprising as the L3 sounds already really clean, clear and transparent.

Besides the more premium feeling of the DAP (buttons, wooden back) and the different/more premium build quality, the doubled internal memory is imho also a thing to be considered - it is not a lot more, but for those who want to have some tracks for working out/walks/traveling/whatever and audio books on the player, the plus of internal memory might be crucial.

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #1,451 of 1,603
Nik, you have to unpack it, copy it to the Micro SD card (NOT the internal memory) and then just update the library and go to the advanced settings. Easy as that and the player will even automatically delete the firmware update file as soon as the update is completed.

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,452 of 1,603
Nik, you have to unpack it, copy it to the Micro SD card (NOT the internal memory) and then just update the library and go to the advanced settings. Easy as that and the player will even automatically delete the firmware update file as soon as the update is completed.

Thanks, Chris. I'd unpacked and transferred it to the internal memory. I'll try again with my mSD card.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #1,453 of 1,603

Well, I thought this would be easy. I put the 1.0.0.4 fw file (LPFWPKG.ISO) on a 16GB FAT32 mSD card that was already inserted in the L3, ejected the L3 from my Mac, updated the Music Library, but it's still on 1.0.0.3. Not sure why it didn't update. Any thoughts?

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,454 of 1,603

Well, I thought this would be easy. I put the 1.0.0.4 fw file (LPFWPKG.ISO) on a 16GB FAT32 mSD card that was already inserted in the L3, ejected the L3 from my Mac, updated the Music Library, but it's still on 1.0.0.3. Not sure why it didn't update. Any thoughts?

After updating the music library, you need to go to the advanced settings in order to update the firmware. Have you done that? If so, I have no idea why it is not working and would suggest to re-download the firmware and to try it again.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #1,455 of 1,603

After updating the music library, you need to go to the advanced settings in order to update the firmware. Have you done that? If so, I have no idea why it is not working and would suggest to re-download the firmware and to try it again.

I can clearly see the LPFWPKG.ISO file in the library, but there's no option to update firmware in the Advanced Settings. Is that the name the update file should have? I downloaded the .rar file @JohnYang linked to on the previous page, extracted it, and that's what I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back