Luxman P1u Loaner program and reviews!
Jun 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #77 of 89
Many thanks . . . comes from genuine enthusiasm!

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #78 of 89
Great post greff, it almost makes me nostalgic of my electro-dynamic days. I am pretty sure I would have got myself a p1u (or even a p1 which could be found used from the dealer at about 700usd at the time!) if it wasn't for my going to the stax route...

I also found it very organic and natural, a perfect complement to keep the hd800 under control. Somehow, I imagine a bit dark tonal balance with the hd650 but never tried though.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #79 of 89
Yes, a tad dark, very mellow and warm.  I must favor that kind of sound.  I have had the HD800 a couple of times.  I imagine that the P-1u/HD800 combination would be stellar if you wanted dynamic headphones.  HD600 is wonderful with the Luxman.

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #81 of 89
Quote:
Does it worth to use XLR input of P-1u if I am planning to use unbalanced output of my source? In this case I am going to make RCA -> XLR custom interconnect cable.

No, just use the SE input. The amp itself isn't balanced internally and the balanced input is converted.

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #84 of 89
I have just bought a Luxman P1-u off eBay for $2,000, and am keenly awaiting delivery.

I use a Luxman DA-200 just now with my Sennheiser HD800's and that pairing is wonderful.  With the P1-u, I will feed that from my Dell Laptop and Chord QuteHD (with Squeez Upgrade Power Supply).  Based on the Luxman/Sennheiser combo I have now, I must say that that pairing is stunning.  Am really looking forward to losing myself in the Chord/P1-u/HD800 system.

Thanks to all who provided such worthy, detailed and eloquent reviews.

Bob

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #85 of 89
  I have just bought a Luxman P1-u off eBay for $2,000, and am keenly awaiting delivery.

I use a Luxman DA-200 just now with my Sennheiser HD800's and that pairing is wonderful.  With the P1-u, I will feed that from my Dell Laptop and Chord QuteHD (with Squeez Upgrade Power Supply).  Based on the Luxman/Sennheiser combo I have now, I must say that that pairing is stunning.  Am really looking forward to losing myself in the Chord/P1-u/HD800 system.

Thanks to all who provided such worthy, detailed and eloquent reviews.

Bob

I just got a P1u myself-and must say the pairing with the HD800 is stunning! The tonality/timbre and textures are incredible with the Senns. My only gripe is it lacks some transparency compared to other amps I've owned-but that is offset by the rich, organic sound it provides in spades to the HD800. I'd imagine there are a number of headphones that it wouldn't pair well with-but it's ridiculous with the Senn.

-Daniel

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #86 of 89
I'm auditioning P1U right now and I have to say that I'm not impressed by the sound of $3K headphone amp.
The soundstage is narrow, not as wide as some other members stated , the instrument separation and transparency are not at hi-fi level . sometimes I could hear the  violin and the cello fighting and smearing each other
Even  my M2Tech Vaughan builtin amp reveals  much more details  than Luxman P1U . The only one thing the Luxman does better is  the bass which , I have to admit, is very good defined and articulated.
Having said that, I expected much more from Luxman P1U.

But again it's all human perception.  

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #87 of 89
  I'm auditioning P1U right now and I have to say that I'm not impressed by the sound of $3K headphone amp.
The soundstage is narrow, not as wide as some other members stated , the instrument separation and transparency are not at hi-fi level . sometimes I could hear the  violin and the cello fighting and smearing each other
Even  my M2Tech Vaughan builtin amp reveals  much more details  than Luxman P1U . The only one thing the Luxman does better is  the bass which , I have to admit, is very good defined and articulated.
Having said that, I expected much more from Luxman P1U.

But again it's all human perception.  

It sounds better now. this amp really needs some "break-in" before it starts singing. I usually do not believe in any break-in theory ...but my experience talks otherwise.
Indeed , very good amp. Better than everything I've tried so far ( I like it more than my friend's W22 and GS-X mk2)

May 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #88 of 89
HI 
FORGIV ME FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH

I HAVE  THE P-1U  /HD 800 /T1/
W1000X/990-600/ESW11LTD

AND THE LEEHMAN BCL AS BEST FOR OTHER PHONS 

THE P-1U /HD800  ARE  THE BEST FOR OPERA .AND  CLSSCAL MUSIC BUT .ONT ONLY
THE SOURCE  IS 

REGA DAC  WM8742
MARANZ CDA-94 IS FAR MOST MUSIC  OF ALL TDA 1541
DCD-1650AR
CDP-XA50ES
CDP=337ESD   16 BIT TDA 1541

THE LUXMAN P-1U IS FOR ME BEING THER  IN THE HALL 
OUTSTENDING  IMIGE  - WELL WERY WEY WAED SPERAD  L+R+ HIGH   AS IT WAS RECORDED

WELL DIFIND LEYERS  OF VERY GOOD SOUND  AS  OLD RCA /DECCA WAGNAR -SOLTI  RING 

BEST SIBELUS  3 SYMPHONY BRBEROLI   HALLE-EMI

AND 1960.:S   DGG 

THE LUXMAN 1PU . IS  BY MY  35 YEARS  OR MORE IN  MUSIC  LOVER   -MUSIC  TO BE HERD AS IS 

FOR THE BAD OR GOOD .IT IS ALL IN OUR RECORDINGS 

BEST REGARDS 

SONY ES 

ISRAEL

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #89 of 89

​
Marantz SA11S1 ​

LUXMAN  P-1U​

HD800/T1​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back