Luxman P1u Loaner program and reviews!

Discussion in 'TTVJ Premier Sponsor Forum' started by todd, Jan 12, 2010.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Page 6 of 6
  1. Vitor Teixeira
    This is one of the most honest and well written posts i've read here in a long time...
    Makes me want to have a Luxman :D

2. greggf
    Many thanks . . . comes from genuine enthusiasm!

3. arnaud Contributor
    Great post greff, it almost makes me nostalgic of my electro-dynamic days. I am pretty sure I would have got myself a p1u (or even a p1 which could be found used from the dealer at about 700usd at the time!) if it wasn't for my going to the stax route...

I also found it very organic and natural, a perfect complement to keep the hd800 under control. Somehow, I imagine a bit dark tonal balance with the hd650 but never tried though.

4. greggf
    Yes, a tad dark, very mellow and warm.  I must favor that kind of sound.  I have had the HD800 a couple of times.  I imagine that the P-1u/HD800 combination would be stellar if you wanted dynamic headphones.  HD600 is wonderful with the Luxman.

5. dubselect
    Does it worth to use XLR input of P-1u if I am planning to use unbalanced output of my source? In this case I am going to make RCA -> XLR custom interconnect cable.

6. Currawong Contributor
    Quote:

No, just use the SE input. The amp itself isn't balanced internally and the balanced input is converted.

7. dubselect
    Quote:
    Thank you very much!

8. goohsm
    has anyone tried k1000 with Luxman P1
    k1000 should sound better than P1u
    could P1 be one of the best amp for k1000 as well?

9. 24bitbob
    I have just bought a Luxman P1-u off eBay for $2,000, and am keenly awaiting delivery.

I use a Luxman DA-200 just now with my Sennheiser HD800's and that pairing is wonderful.  With the P1-u, I will feed that from my Dell Laptop and Chord QuteHD (with Squeez Upgrade Power Supply).  Based on the Luxman/Sennheiser combo I have now, I must say that that pairing is stunning.  Am really looking forward to losing myself in the Chord/P1-u/HD800 system.

Thanks to all who provided such worthy, detailed and eloquent reviews.

Bob

10. BournePerfect

I just got a P1u myself-and must say the pairing with the HD800 is stunning! The tonality/timbre and textures are incredible with the Senns. My only gripe is it lacks some transparency compared to other amps I've owned-but that is offset by the rich, organic sound it provides in spades to the HD800. I'd imagine there are a number of headphones that it wouldn't pair well with-but it's ridiculous with the Senn.

-Daniel

11. vovkinson
    I'm auditioning P1U right now and I have to say that I'm not impressed by the sound of $3K headphone amp.
    The soundstage is narrow, not as wide as some other members stated , the instrument separation and transparency are not at hi-fi level . sometimes I could hear the  violin and the cello fighting and smearing each other
    Even  my M2Tech Vaughan builtin amp reveals  much more details  than Luxman P1U . The only one thing the Luxman does better is  the bass which , I have to admit, is very good defined and articulated.
    Having said that, I expected much more from Luxman P1U.

But again it's all human perception.  

12. vovkinson

It sounds better now. this amp really needs some "break-in" before it starts singing. I usually do not believe in any break-in theory ...but my experience talks otherwise.
    Indeed , very good amp. Better than everything I've tried so far ( I like it more than my friend's W22 and GS-X mk2)

13. SONYES
    HI 
    FORGIV ME FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH

I HAVE  THE P-1U  /HD 800 /T1/
    W1000X/990-600/ESW11LTD

AND THE LEEHMAN BCL AS BEST FOR OTHER PHONS 

THE P-1U /HD800  ARE  THE BEST FOR OPERA .AND  CLSSCAL MUSIC BUT .ONT ONLY
    THE SOURCE  IS 

REGA DAC  WM8742
    MARANZ CDA-94 IS FAR MOST MUSIC  OF ALL TDA 1541
    DCD-1650AR
    CDP-XA50ES
    CDP=337ESD   16 BIT TDA 1541

THE LUXMAN P-1U IS FOR ME BEING THER  IN THE HALL 
    OUTSTENDING  IMIGE  - WELL WERY WEY WAED SPERAD  L+R+ HIGH   AS IT WAS RECORDED

WELL DIFIND LEYERS  OF VERY GOOD SOUND  AS  OLD RCA /DECCA WAGNAR -SOLTI  RING 

BEST SIBELUS  3 SYMPHONY BRBEROLI   HALLE-EMI

AND 1960.:S   DGG 

THE LUXMAN 1PU . IS  BY MY  35 YEARS  OR MORE IN  MUSIC  LOVER   -MUSIC  TO BE HERD AS IS 

FOR THE BAD OR GOOD .IT IS ALL IN OUR RECORDINGS 

BEST REGARDS 

SONY ES 

ISRAEL 496---.jpg
    497----.jpg

14. SONYES
    008.jpg
    009.jpg
    004.jpg

​
    Marantz SA11S1 ​

LUXMAN  P-1U​