Luminous Audio Technology (LAT) Interconnects?
Nov 16, 2002 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by antness
I believe this was the one I saw in a store. Is it $399 for 0.5 meter? I was impressed by it's flexibility

Yup, but I ordered the Reference version that includes the Eichmann Bullet Plugs and new shielding.

The Eichmann design is pretty interesting.

http://www.eichmanncables.com/p_bullet.htm

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Someone posted a review not too long ago. I just ordered the Synchestra Signature, which is a highly regarded copper IC.

It never ends does it.
biggrin.gif
Once your major components are "perfect" it seems there's no ending to the cable testing that follows. I'm hip deep in silver ICs myself right now, and it's giving me a big headache to figure out which one to keep...

You should wait on the new PS Audio Statement cable. From what I think I know of your tastes, you might end up really digging that cable. On the flip side it might end up being introduced at a cost next to the Valhallas or something...
eek.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
It never ends does it.

The difference for me now is that with the old system, I was tweaking to try to make things right, whereas now I'm exploring the final aspects of cable refinement.

I think these are about as high as I'm willing to pay for the present setup. I believe strongly in the relative importance of components, and I don't consider cables components no matter the degree of their sonic influence.

Quote:

I'm hip deep in silver ICs myself right now, and it's giving me a big headache to figure out which one to keep...

I'll keep the last two cables sets that I am happy with.

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 19
I have, use, and really enjoy the Luminous Audio Synchesta Signatures. I compared them with Analysis Plus Copper oval (had for a year), and Mapleshade Excalibur Plus and think the LASS is much better in my system. You might want to also check out www.zcable.com. I'm waiting to receive their Live V5 interconnect and speaker cable that the President of the company (Mark Hampton) says beats cables costing upwards of $4000. Interesting technology, so we'll see. Should be here next week.

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 19
I feel like I'm oh so close though to ending this madness for good. Like you, I'm down to using cables to refine the overall system. Hopefully once the power cord is in its place behind the source, and maybe one for the Stax SRM-717, I can get a balanced power generator and be done for good. Barring any new outrageously outstanding products (like say, a Stax Omega III or Stax SRM-T3 amp), I should be set from there.

Almost there, almost there...
cool.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:04 PM Post #11 of 19
Don't forget the balanced power generator will surely need a good power cord as well.
evil_smiley.gif

I've got four more things to improve before my headphone system should be finished:
- Upgrade from old Max to new Max
- Better power cord for Max
- Better power cord for BP-Jr.
- Try a few silver interconnects

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 19
I'm not inclined to go with a power generator/ regenerator. Too much variability in terms of improvement or degradation.

I still need a PC for the SET amp and it's not the highest priority, but I may look into TG Audio.

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 19
I dunno, same thing could be said for power cords. Besides, isn't the point here to have explored every reasonable possible avenue for improvement? I'm also still trying to decide whether the next power cord I try should be a VD Nite or a TG Audio SLVR...

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
I dunno, same thing could be said for power cords. Besides, isn't the point here to have explored every reasonable possible avenue for improvement?

True, but I've found more negative reports with generators than any other tweaks, with loss of dynamics at the top of the list. It probably has to do with the vagaries in house wiring etc. Have you taken your BP out of your system lately?

Quote:

I'm also still trying to decide whether the next power cord I try should be a VD Nite or a TG Audio SLVR...

Silver? That's not for your W2002 is it? Do you feel you need more extension and speed with the A-T?

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

pigmode said...

True, but I've found more negative reports with generators than any other tweaks, with loss of dynamics at the top of the list. It probably has to do with the vagaries in house wiring etc. Have you taken your BP out of your system lately?

Nope, and don't plan on doing so. Any slight decrease in dynamics (which I don't believe happened) was more than compensated for by the other benefits. Also, AFAIK, the BPT units aren't really generators like the PS Audio stuff, they just alter what they're given. Good house wiring might negate the need for a conditioner of some sort, but I'm not sure how you could know until you tried one (unless maybe you did the wiring yourself or something).
Quote:

pigmode said...

Silver? That's not for your W2002 is it? Do you feel you need more extension and speed with the A-T?

No, I'm satisfied w/ the extension and speed, I was simply curious as to how it might sound in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back