LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Jun 14, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #76 of 438
I would stick to T2 as an integrated streamer/DAC since the purpose of getting the T2 is to simplify the system and remove the hassle of having a connection to an external DAC (comparing which digital output sounds best, USB or BNC, which cable to use, etc.). If you want to add a DAC, probably better to swap the T2 with U1 or U1 mini streamer.
Thanks, you’re right in that the T2 really makes things simple. Was just getting greedy with the available options out there and if there any benefit to adding the dac to help with the overall sound

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #77 of 438
Thanks, you’re right in that the T2 really makes things simple. Was just getting greedy with the available options out there and if there any benefit to adding the dac to help with the overall sound
Perhaps U1 mini + May KTE will give you the improvement you seek.

Jun 15, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #80 of 438
Probably, unfortunately I’ve already taken the plunge with the T2 so can’t change that now
Well if you use T2 purely as streamer, you won’t be utilizing the analog output section (which I believe derived from X1’s architecture). Perhaps a more obvious upgrade path from T2 is to go all the way to X1 😁

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #81 of 438
I guess this also boils down to the "argument" about whether there's really any conceivable difference a DAC makes
Perhaps a more obvious upgrade path from T2 is to go all the way to X1
I agree with @normie610 , the X1 is an obvious upgrade choice if you can afford it.
I have started with the D2, then U1 Mini + Dac, then the T2 for a short time, and eventually got the X1. There is a big difference in the price but also in the DAC/Streamer performance too, at least in my system to my ears....if you have chance try to get a demo unit and test it in your system.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #83 of 438
Has anyone upgraded the firmware to version 14.0? I’ve updated my T2 and I feel that there’s some subtle sonic changes. I listened to SR1a after the update and it seems that the bass has more presence which in turn gives the impression of a fuller sound. I’m also hearing there’s more air/space between instruments and the most obvious difference to my ears is in the midrange. It sounds even less digital but keeps its forward presence as before. The changes are subtle but I guess they are to my liking. As usual, YMMW.

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #84 of 438
One question about spotify: Spotify Connect seems to be a different implementation than Qobuz and Tidal have. With Tidal and Qobuz the music seems to be directly streamed from your Lumin to your dac but with spotify connect is seems to be sent via dlna from your phone to the streamer and then to the dac. Is that right? Does that reduce the quality? I know that dlna is on paper lossless but a streamer sounds on paper also like a computer and all dacs sound the same so lets not go that way.

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #85 of 438
Has anyone compared the sound quality of U1 mini with Sonore opticalRendu? U1 mini is much better than opticalRendu in terms of build quality and features. But I'm curious how they compare in sound quality. Thanks!

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #87 of 438
Hello again!

I Had Bluesound Node 2021 and Ifi Zen Stream. For my Denafrips Ares II dac. Sell Node and Ifi.
Now Im thinking about Lumin u1 mini for my Ares II.
But the idea for All in one solution is still hear. Looking in D2 or T1. Both second hand.
What do you think guys?

regards,
Simon

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #88 of 438
save your shekels for a used T2. You’ll avoid the need to upgrade and you won’t need to spend another $500 on an Sbooster that the D2 really needs to sound its best.

The T2 was so much more superior than the D2 with the Sbooster. I thought the D2 was a good deal, but the T2 puts it in place handily.

it’s a long term keeper. and it just works wonderfully stock. It’s in my current setup and powering $13k speakers through a $8k integrated and it gives my $8k vinyl setup a run for the money on many albums. I’ve no urge to spend more.

The Bluesound is not so great. I have two a power nodes that I’ve tried and they sounded lifeless. They are relegated to playing inwall speakers in the kitchen and dining room.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #89 of 438
save your shekels for a used T2. You’ll avoid the need to upgrade and you won’t need to spend another $500 on an Sbooster that the D2 really needs to sound its best.

The T2 was so much more superior than the D2 with the Sbooster. I thought the D2 was a good deal, but the T2 puts it in place handily.

it’s a long term keeper. and it just works wonderfully stock. It’s in my current setup and powering $13k speakers through a $8k integrated and it gives my $8k vinyl setup a run for the money on many albums. I’ve no urge to spend more.

The Bluesound is not so great. I have two a power nodes that I’ve tried and they sounded lifeless. They are relegated to playing inwall speakers in the kitchen and dining room.
Yes T2 is very very nice, but I can’t go so far up with price. 2k € is max. So only only second hand unit are welcome. D2 or T1.
You have a very good system. My speakers are 4K€, integrated is 2.5k so T2 is too much.
Thank you.

regards,
Simon

Nov 16, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #90 of 438
Well if you use T2 purely as streamer, you won’t be utilizing the analog output section (which I believe derived from X1’s architecture). Perhaps a more obvious upgrade path from T2 is to go all the way to X1 😁
T2 / X1 can output to either Analog, BNC, or USB - one only, not simultaneous. This is different from D1 / D2 / A1 / S1 / T1 - the old models could output to analog and BNC simultaneously.

I got this from Peter at Lumin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back