LUCKY DAY! I'M GETTING FREE YUIN OK1s! HEAD-DIRECT FTW!!!!
Nov 12, 2008 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

indofulioh

New Head-Fier
So here's the story, I placed an order on head-direct for a pl30 and a fiio, the shipment is gonna come in as normal but they also sent me a different package destined for a Florida address. Here's the deal, if i get the package before Friday and send it to the address he sent me via overnight express mail, he will send me a YUIN OK1 (retail $229) free of charge and reimburse my shipping cost.

here's the email:

Dear George,

Thanks for your PL30 and E3 order from our website. We have shipped your order on Monday via first class mail. Unfortunately we made a mistake and shipped another wrong package to you on Monday as well. The package suppose to be shipped to a Florida address. If you receive it before Friday, would you please ship it to FL via over night express mail as soon as possible? We will reimburse your shipping cost and will ship you a free YUIN OK1 earphones (retail $229) to appreciate your help.

Please ship it to the following Florida address:

Best,
Fang
Head-Direct.com | YUIN

YAY I'm so lucky!!!!! I don't have a portable amp yet, just a fiio, but i don't think that will drive an OK1 very well. What should i get? I talked to him and he said that package needs to be at Florida for a MEETING of some sort.

Off to the post office as soon as possible when I receive the order.
tongue.gif

Anybody know how to ship a package via overnight express mail?

Anyone know how much it cost to ship a package overnight from Southern California to Florida?

hmmm what amp should i get? DANG I have to save more money! NOOOO! I only have like a 100 dollars, and my parents would get super mad if i spent it on some mysterious product called a portable amplifier. Maybe I should get a Headroom Total Airhead ($99) or Bithead($159)? Maybe a MINIBOX-D from head-direct, maybe they'll mess up the order and send me more free stuff
tongue.gif
. Whatever I'll think about it when i get the OK1!
atsmile.gif

ANYWAYS I'm celebrating to soon lol.

Thank god I ordered from head-direct and not save 5 dollars at focalprice.
icon10.gif

Gotta love head-direct's customer service.

lol when Fang called me like a million times I hung up because i thought he was a prank caller (because of his accent). Then I realized it was FANG BIAN!!!!!!!!

Dang i have to deck out some money for overnight express mail. How much would this cost? From SouthernCalifornia to Florida?

I think this order was a total WIN!!!!!!!

All because of Head-Fi.
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 59
Try going to USPS website and calculate the price.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 59
Not cheap! Definitely will depend on the size/weight of the mis-mailed package. If it's just a set of IEM headphones, etc in a large-ish padded mailer, then it will probably cost around $20-$25. But if it's something bigger/heavier and/or in a box.... well, the sky is the limit but probably $40 or more (depending).

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #4 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by indofulioh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So here's the story, I placed an order on head-direct for a pl30 and a fiio, the shipment is gonna come in as normal but they also sent me a different package destined for a Florida address. Here's the deal, if i get the package before Friday and send it to the address he sent me via overnight express mail, he will send me a YUIN OK1 (retail $229) free of charge and reimburse my shipping cost.

here's the email:

Dear George,

Thanks for your PL30 and E3 order from our website. We have shipped your order on Monday via first class mail. Unfortunately we made a mistake and shipped another wrong package to you on Monday as well. The package suppose to be shipped to a Florida address. If you receive it before Friday, would you please ship it to FL via over night express mail as soon as possible? We will reimburse your shipping cost and will ship you a free YUIN OK1 earphones (retail $229) to appreciate your help.

Please ship it to the following Florida address:

Best,
Fang
Head-Direct.com | YUIN

YAY I'm so lucky!!!!! I don't have a portable amp yet, just a fiio, but i don't think that will drive an OK1 very well. What should i get? I talked to him and he said that package needs to be at Florida for a MEETING of some sort.

Off to the post office as soon as possible when I receive the order.
beerchug.gif
(even though i don't drink)
tongue.gif

Anybody know how to ship a package via overnight express mail?

Anyone know how much it cost to ship a package overnight from Southern California to Florida?

hmmm what amp should i get? DANG I have to save more money! NOOOO! I only have like a 100 dollars, and my parents would get super mad if i spent it on some mysterious product called a portable amplifier. Maybe I should get a Headroom Total Airhead ($99) or Bithead($159)? Maybe a MINIBOX-D from head-direct, maybe they'll mess up the order and send me more free stuff
tongue.gif
. Whatever I'll think about it when i get the OK1!
atsmile.gif

Thank god I ordered from head-direct and not save 5 dollars at focalprice.
icon10.gif

Gotta love head-direct's customer service.

lol when Fang called me like a million times I hung up because i thought he was a prank caller (because of his accent). Then I realized it was FANG BIAN!!!!!!!!

Dang i have to deck out some money for overnight express mail. How much would this cost? From SouthernCalifornia to Florida?

I think this order was a total WIN!!!!!!!

AND I am now a fortune cookie believer.

All because of Head-Fi.
wink.gif

What are you gonna do if it doesn't get to you on time to ship it to the meet overnight? The meet is Saturday. I don't think You'd still get the freebies. If not, I'd cry if I was you.
tongue.gif

I shipped some markl modded headphones to the meet on Monday, so they'd have them Friday for the meet Saturday. Seems like this is cutting it pretty close, considering I didn't find out Mark wanted me to ship them Monday thill this past weekend.

And, if you do get the OK1 I would wait to try them with your sources and fiio before dropping money on a new amp, since money is tight.

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 59
God speed and enjoy your new slice of sonic bliss

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you gonna do if it doesn't get to you on time to ship it to the meet overnight? The meet is Saturday. I don't think You'd still get the freebies. If not, I'd cry if I was you.
tongue.gif

I shipped some markl modded headphones to the meet on Monday, so they'd have them Friday for the meet Saturday. Seems like this is cutting it pretty close, considering I didn't find out Mark wanted me to ship them Monday thill this past weekend.

And, if you do get the OK1 I would wait to try them with your sources and fiio before dropping money on a new amp, since money is tight.

lol thanks for getting my hopes down. I'm celebrating way too early
tongue_smile.gif

Oh well, Fang said he would reimburse shipping costs, so i guess i wouldn't lose much(a trip to post office), but if i try to ship it on time, i would gain alot(OK1).

what if i keep the package?????????

lol Fang Bian knows where i live so that wont be a good idea lol.

I talked with him on the phone and I think he would send me the OK1 in exchange for the mystery package. He said to send the package "as soon as possible".

I wonder whats going on in Florida.

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 59
Quote:

lol thanks for getting my hopes down. I'm celebrating way too early
tongue_smile.gif

Oh well, Fang said he would reimburse shipping costs, so i guess i wouldn't lose much(a trip to post office), but if i try to ship it on time, i would gain alot(OK1).

what if i keep the package?????????

lol Fang Bian knows where i live so that wont be a good idea lol.

I talked with him on the phone and I think he would send me the OK1 in exchange for the mystery package. He said to send the package "as soon as possible".

I wonder whats going on in Florida.

Hold the phone i live in florida what is going on?
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hold the phone i live in florida what is going on?
tongue_smile.gif

He said there was a meeting of some sort. Maybe private meeting? Maybe I misheard him. But It must be really special If he want's them by Saturday. Maybe its some ultra secret prototype model of some sort
smile.gif

If only i had x-ray goggles....

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

He said there was a meeting of some sort. Maybe private meeting? Maybe I misheard him. But It must be really special If he want's them by Saturday. Maybe its some ultra secret prototype model of some sort
smile.gif

If only i had x-ray goggles....

My money is on them Being the new RE0

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #11 of 59
Or they could just add another zero then you have a whole other series right there

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #12 of 59
This is what's going on in Florida

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/ne...v-15th-355933/

Lots of peeps will be there, vendors from all over the country are shipping things there. I had to send to Florida on Monday a $1,200 pair of headphones that I was reviewing for one vendor. Houston had a meet on 10/25/08 and I had to send a $1,500 Woo GES amplifier to them after I reviewed and borrowed it.

It will be important for you to get the package there on time. You will be seen as a hero. There will be ticker tape parades in your name.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 59
Why would you open an item that isn't yours rightfully and that someone else paid for?

Really bad manners imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back