lp vs lp2? is there a difference
Oct 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 12
The original LP has very strong bass, overpowering even. The LP2 is supposed to offer a more balanced sound somewhat similar to the m-80s. That's the only real difference I know of

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
The original LP has very strong bass, overpowering even. The LP2 is supposed to offer a more balanced sound somewhat similar to the m-80s. That's the only real difference I know of

The LP2s are just a slightly refined LP...they sound nothing like the M80s, nor are they supposed to.  The LP2s are definitely cleaner sounding than the original LPs, but they still retain the same bass heavy, club inspired, dj-ish sound profile.  And of course they look completely badass in their stealthy blacked out colorway.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

The LP2s are just a slightly refined LP...they sound nothing like the M80s, nor are they supposed to.  The LP2s are definitely cleaner sounding than the original LPs, but they still retain the same bass heavy, club inspired, dj-ish sound profile.  And of course they look completely badass in their stealthy blacked out colorway.

how do they compare to the beats studios because ive actualy heard the studio sin real life but not the lp or lp2

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 12
Generally speaking here, the LP and lp2 are bass empowering. Even more than the studios. But you must understand the LP and lp2 are designed for DJs and specifically tuned more towards dance club music. I own the LP and in my listening experience they tend to shallow out the mids and highs in music and sometimes add an airy/ echoy effect. The sound is amazing for dance club music or techno/ dubstep. But it doesn't always play out well for other genres of music. The beats studios also are bass focused but they do offer a more balanced audio that might be more consistent in genres. Of your looking for more consistency but with some low end boom, you should consider the v-moda m-80.

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 12
To offer a little more help, the m-80s are ranked #6 here on headfi. I personally am a big fan of them. Also they are selling at $160 on amazon right now and that's a great deal. Let us know what you pick in the end

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #12 of 12
The M-80's sound completely different from the LP-2's. The LP-2's are much more refined and aren't overpowering with bass. The LP-2's deal with mostly house and electronic. My portable rig at the moment is a HTC HD2 as a source, with a Fiio E11 as an amp, and the LP-2s. I think it sounds fantastic, and I couldn't ask for more. So with a decent amp, the LP-2's will outperform most other $200 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back