Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Jul 25, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #631 of 802
Ksorota upgraded some of the caps on my p20. It definitely yielded a improvement over stock.

I'm not sure which caps he used but he said, "Nichicon muse/fine golds or the Elna Silmic IIs, but also have used mundorf and audio note caps with good results."

2021-06-26.jpg

Thanks for this, if you do not mind, can you elaborate on what happened to the timbre of the sound after this heavily done mod? Like warmer or colder, stage size, the blackness of the background, space between instruments etc.

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #632 of 802
P20 uses NJR55320 whose Operating Voltage is up to +-20V (not more). Someone from another platform suggests any opamp more than 18V for a safety step. This is said to be cause Loxjie P20 has a few of variants. Depending the design, I suspect the supply rails changes (not sure at all!) BTW, The guy (on that video) uses OPA2134Pa (+-18V), please click that as I revised the link of the video.

I read somewhere a user claims to have placed 4 of SS3602 on the board. As result, He adds An oscillation happens. Is there anyone here who tried to use 4 of SS3602? Or any suggestion for the brand of opamp to roll?

I have tried multiple SS3602 op-amps in my P20, but there is high frequency oscillation, and they get hot. This is even with the additional bypass capacitors mounted on the back of the board.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #633 of 802
Thanks for this, if you do not mind, can you elaborate on what happened to the timbre of the sound after this heavily done mod? Like warmer or colder, stage size, the blackness of the background, space between instruments etc.
I have a difficulty remembering what it sounded like stock to be honest. I do remember there was an increase in clarity and detail, I'm sure there were other improvements but I cannot remember specifically what they were.

On top of that I also upgraded the power supply, got 2 different sets of tubes and if you can see in the image I put fo.q ta102 dot cut outs on top of all the caps, I took the pic half way through.

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #634 of 802
I have tried multiple SS3602 op-amps in my P20, but there is high frequency oscillation, and they get hot. This is even with the additional bypass capacitors mounted on the back of the board.

AFAIK, David you mixed a couple of SS3602 with another kind of op-amps. This might cause this high freq oscillation. What I meant is rolling all of them up. I know the space of the board does not allow for this, but we can use something like below. What do you think?

Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume  control | Page 40 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I have a difficulty remembering what it sounded like stock to be honest. I do remember there was an increase in clarity and detail, I'm sure there were other improvements but I cannot remember specifically what they were.

On top of that I also upgraded the power supply, got 2 different sets of tubes and if you can see in the image I put fo.q ta102 dot cut outs on top of all the caps, I took the pic half way through.

I could not find how much current the amp draws except for official documentation. It clearly highlights power consumption is 10w, which means the current is around 0.9A.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 11.23.33 AM.png

Therefore, the given power adapter seems to be quite sufficient `if ` the adapter is able to supply continuously 1.69A. The values at its back might be observed not continuously but at maximum performance. So I would like to have a try IpowerX 12V/ 2A adapter, which seems the best to P20.

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #635 of 802
Hi I have this amplifier with ge 5670 tubes and ifi power supply with fidelio x2hr headphones the sound is better than my topping at 90, which tubes do you recommend to further improve the sound?

Sep 7, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #636 of 802
Hi I have this amplifier with ge 5670 tubes and ifi power supply with fidelio x2hr headphones the sound is better than my topping at 90, which tubes do you recommend to further improve the sound?
The best in that family of tubes is The Western Electric 396a or Tung sol 2c51.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #643 of 802
I hope everyone is paying attention to this reply. Lol

We think that GE 5670 JANs are impossible to beat considering their price, but what we think about those WE tubes is not a secret :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 8, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #644 of 802
Just bought this immediately upon realizing it exists. Loxjie is a sleeper Co making awesome products under the radar.

Sep 9, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #645 of 802
I saw it mentioned (on a different thread) a couple of years ago, when Amazon had it for $80 on the Prime Day Sale.
Since then, I have done some Mods -
Cut the case in-half.
Install sockets for the op-amps.
Install additional filter caps for the op-amps.
Unsolder the series resistors, to turn off the LEDs under the Tube sockets.
Add tube risers.
Install Reflektor 6N3P-DR Tubes (1980 NOS).
Install ~$250 worth of OPA627AU op-amps to drive the outputs. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back