Lower mainland (Vancouver, etc...) Meet - May 8th
Apr 21, 2004 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
Ok, I'd like to host a head-fi meet for the lower mainland on May 8th. I'm located very close to Metrotown. If you need to spend the night, I've got sofa + carpet enough for a few
biggrin.gif
If you'll be in attendance please reply to this thread, and list the gear you'll be bringing as well. Having all kinds of crazy gear isn't mandatory of course. I like to think of these meetings more as a way to get to know one another. Well, atleast as a support group for our wallets!
biggrin.gif
I'd like to get an idea of who will be here, so please do not hesitate to respond. Ideally 8-15 people would be good.

Trevor

[size=large]FIRST EVER[/size]
[size=x-large]BURNABY BASH![/size]

This is shaping up to be a great meet. Should you need directions / parking info please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or by phone.

Official time and date: Saturday May 8th - 1:00p

Probable gear list for those interested:

Headphones:

Stax Omega II x2
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser HD650 (Equinox)
Sennheiser HD580 (Equinox)
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD1000
Sennheiser PX100
Joe Grado SR-200
Joe Grado HP-1
Grado Allessandro MS-Pro
BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro
BeyerDynamic DT931
Etymotic ER4P
Audio Technica ATH-CM7ti
Koss PortaPro
Shure E2C

Amps:

Stax SRM-007t
AOS Custom PPA's
Meta42 Maxed-out
Moretto HAP-03/Radii HAP-04
ASL OTL 32
Headroom Total Airhead
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3
SinglePower MPX3
Headroom Little
Melos Maestro
ASL MG Head
LaRocco PPA-X w/ Diamond buffers + Lab PSU

Sources:

Apple iPod
Rega Jupiter Transport
Rega I/O DAC
AOS Custom Upsampling DAC
Linn Classik
Samsung YP-55
Iriver IHP-120
Sony SCD775 Modded SACD
Arcam 72t
Toshiba SD4900 DVD-A
Meridian 507.24
Mission DAD5

Cables:

Nordost Black Knights
Grover Silver Reference - Thanks Grover!
AOS Custom Silver Interconnects
AR Pro 2
Monster i400
Headphile Silver, Gold, Coral, XRS (Most likely!)
Zu Cable Gede
Custom interconnects and power cables

Probable Attendees:

TrevorNetwork
Mkyy
Demolition
Watchdog
Zoboomofo
Burundo
Bring ME TO Life
AOS
Lusamars
Xtreme4099
SteeleBlayde
PPL - Possibly
Larry - Possibly

*** Please contact me if attendees or gear are missing ***

Apr 22, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 45
Well, assuming that all of my gear has arrived by May 8, I will bring:

Rega Jupiter
Rega Io DAC
Eddie Current HD300 (unlikely that this item will be there, sadly
frown.gif
)
Moretto HAP-03/Radii HAP-04 (not looking too good for this one, either
rolleyes.gif
)
JMTaudio Home Headphone Amplifier (META42)
Sennheiser HD 580 (w/stock cable)
Sennheiser HD 1000 Charleston
MB Quart Quartphone 50 (if I get around to repairing it)
various interconnects and power cords
various tubes
various CDs

... plus whatever else I have available.

D.

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 45
I have requested demos of Headphile's cables, as well as a demo set of Grover Silver References.
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's get some more interest here! I know there are alot more head-fi'ers in the Lower Mainland than three. <looks at watchdog, and zoboomofo among others>

There will be beer, pepsi, and food (I was thinking pizza, but the grease... hmmm... Ideas?) This could be a great meet!

Trevor

Apr 23, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
I have requested demos of Headphile's cables, as well as a demo set of Grover Silver References.

I'll be bringing my Grover SRs (the regular, unshielded variety) to the meet (assuming that they arrive in time), so we'll have at least one pair. Maybe ask Grover if he can send some of his shielded SRs for audition purposes.

I also have Grover SR digital coaxial S/PDIF and Headphile BlackSilver digital coaxial S/PDIF cables that I'll bring along. I might also bring some DIY interconnects and power cords based on Chris Venhaus' designs. That will depend on whether I can gather up the materials quickly enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
There will be beer, pepsi, and food (I was thinking pizza, but the grease... hmmm... Ideas?) This could be a great meet!

Pizza would be okay. We'll just make sure that everyone washes their hands before touching anything. Now, if you had suggested fried chicken, then I wouldn't dare bring my gear over.
580smile.gif

Anyway, when I drop by later tonight, we'll discuss this some more. There are lots of party food possibilities in the Metrotown area that we can explore.

D.

Apr 23, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
Well, assuming that all of my gear has arrived by May 8, I will bring:

Rega Jupiter
Rega Io DAC
Eddie Current HD300
Moretto HAP-03/Radii HAP-04
JMTaudio Home Headphone Amplifier (META42)
Sennheiser HD 580 (w/stock cable)
Sennheiser HD 1000 Charleston
MB Quart Quartphone 50 (if I get around to repairing it)
various interconnects and power cords
various tubes
various CDs

... plus whatever else I have available.

D.

How are you going to be able to carry all this stuff?
biggrin.gif

I like your idea of eating elsewhere, so as not to get the equipment dirty. With all the equipment likely to be there, there really won't be any room to eat.

I can bring my Linn Classik.

Apr 24, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 45
WatchDog:

I'd love for you to bring the iPod as well! I would certainly like to hear one. I am pleased with the sound quality from my Yepp. However, I'd like to see if the grass is greener on the other side!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 45
I can bring the iPod.

I just noticed that you suggested 1 pm. Hmmm I have a kids birthday party to attend. I just assumed it would be in the evening. I may not be able to attend.

Trevor, I was going to suggest sending AOS a pm. I'd love to hear a PPA. I'm considering buying one and listening to one at a meet would help decide if I want to shell out the money for one.

Apr 24, 2004 at 10:47 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog
How are you going to be able to carry all this stuff?
biggrin.gif

I'll have to stuff it into my car somehow. Good thing that Trevor's apartment building has an elevator. Lugging all that stuff up three floors would be a killer.

Parking may be a dilemma... the underground garage has a few visitor spots which will be useful for those who are hauling lots of gear. But, if a whole pack of Head-Fier's drive over, where will they park? Parking in the back alley is verboten -- you'll get towed right away. Maybe park at the parkade at Metrotown/Station Square or in the parking lot at Old Orchard and everybody carpool over? Anybody have a bus or giant passenger van with lots of cargo space?
tongue.gif

Quote:

I like your idea of eating elsewhere, so as not to get the equipment dirty. With all the equipment likely to be there, there really won't be any room to eat.

Yeah, the area around Trevor's place has lots of possibilities: fast food (e.g. A&W, Subway, Wendy's, KFC, Tim Horton's, various pizza joints), White Spot, Red Robin's, The Pantry, etc., as well as Japanese, Chinese, East Indian, Vietnamese, and other ethnic restaurants.

Quote:

I just noticed that you suggested 1 pm. Hmmm I have a kids birthday party to attend. I just assumed it would be in the evening. I may not be able to attend.

I'm sure that this thing will go into the late afternoon or early evening. Could you drop in after the party?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
I wonder if Zzz is still alive and living in Vancouver...

I don't think he's accepting e-mails from Head-Fi. Is he answering PMs?

It would be nice to have some amp builders at the meet, including zzz and aos, and cable builders such as yourself, Eric.

D.

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #15 of 45
Eric are you considering coming up for the meet? I'd love to meet one of the community's amp builders. You're probably one of the better known Head-Fi'ers around.

Then again I might not be able to attend. I'll try to work around the kids birthday party the best I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back