Low Profile IEMs for Small Ears?
May 13, 2015 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Yardstick

Head-Fier
Are there any low profile IEMs for small ears? I have some M6 pros that work great for me but they are too big for my wife's little ears. I'm looking for something with a low enough profile that she can get a motorcycle helmet on with the headphones in. Isolation (or hearing protection in this case) is more important than all out SQ.

May 13, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 9
This makes me think of the Westone UM Pro 10 - they need a good seal with the ear as the single BA is relatively bass light so you want to keep all the bass in - particularly if they are competing with a motorbike. They're tiny but have the same basic design as the M6 Pro.

May 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 9
Shure se215 are very low profile, as they are made to fit flush in your ears, though I know that they may stick out for some people since ears are so unique. The se215 also offer very good passive noise isolation and have ear hooks so they will stay put pretty well. Sound quality is still pretty good even though you say it doesn't matter so much, which when you're riding something as loud as a motorcycle, you're not going to get optimal sound quality even with the best noise isolation.

May 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Great suggestions so far! Are the Shures really any smaller than the M6 Pros? How would the Vsonic VSD1S compare in size? I have a set of GR07 BEs too so I'm familiar with the brand.

We do a lot of off road riding (dual sport on a KTM 990 Adventure R) so we're not always fighting 70mph wind noise. I just tried the M6 Pros on a longer ride this weekend and found them preferable to plain, no tunes ear plugs in almost every way. It is harder to get and keep a seal when putting that helmet on. I was using Comply tips to help keep the outside noise down.

May 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 9
creative aurvana 3 are low profile and have great isolation.  good price too.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B004SNCZ3K

May 13, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Smaller, not really, but it's hard to tell, especially as ear shape can change how they fit. They do however offer better noise isolation than sleeping plugs (36+db) and better sound. Its hard to tell for sure if they will fit right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back