low frequency buzzing/crackle in left ear of Westone W30
Dec 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Hi guys,

I have a weird issue that pops up occasionally as stated in the left year of my W30.  The buzzing sound pops up in the bass of some songs but doesn't in others.

It may be the driver that's loose because I feel something occasionally moving around in the left ear, and I'm not sure what it is. It occasionally goes back into place and works great, but more often than not there is the buzzing/crackling sound there in the background.

The headphones were purchased these for 200 of headfi and they've worked great for a couple of months until now. The downside of purchasing used is you don't get warranty, so I can't send them back to Westone to get them repaired. Could I take them to a local headphone shop and get them repaired? I'm in Colorado, so if any of you local guys have recommendations on where to go let me know. I don't have the money to grab a new pair of IEMS now.

Thanks for your help all. I'm running a LG V10 and a laptop with  FiiO K1 for reference. Both have the same issue so it's the IEMs, not my source.

Could I possibly fix it myself? That would be last resort. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, they haven't in the past. I shot them an email to see if they'll make an exception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back