Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 26, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #6,166 of 9,182
Imperial college London, University of London

Honestly I should be one of those who gave up on demonstrating these as well.
Thank you.
I was about to say your line, so I concur on my side.

How to document and present scientific evidence is well known.

If there are protocols explaining why and how to use oscilloscopes to measure cables - I will be curious to do it.

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #6,167 of 9,182
For the two Copper Alloy (Copper + Gold, I think), you get what your pay for. :smirk: I bought the cheap alloy as XINHS only sells these two alloy cables. Gotta say I like the 4 core one (the more expensive one, sorry both are 4 cores). Wide stage, good atmosphere, good instrumental separation, good but not harsh treble extension, response to low frequencies well, however just a bit hard and on the heavier side in weight.
I ordered that alloy copper on 3-28 sale, but hasn't arrived yet. He said it is the same as the **** https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32890373178.html

After @Dsnuts mentioned the BLOCC, I did ask XINHS (and I know some others asked as well). For the stock version, worth waiting until either NiceHCK or XINHS has it on promotion. A custom version today will cost you $75usd so he mentioned waiting and the price may drop closer to what dsnuts mentioned, $65ish. Since it is unlisted, I do not know what that means other than periodically asking or waiting for a promotion at NiceHCK. I had something else I needed so I didn't wait. Here is BLOCC in almost all black.

H52a70c4a51a54fa597a066f826addcc70.jpgH3ca5eae116954f2287cb8cce7f5050105.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #6,168 of 9,182
20210426_161247.jpg

20210426_161208.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000570564015.html

I got all version of this adapter now. :joy:

Well built, feels very solid and also got some weight to it. Easy to use since it is quite easy to grip it. Price is a bit pricey for an adapter though. But this (at least my 4.4mm -> 6.35mm that I have had for long time now) havent gotten any damage in my extensive use (switching transducers a lot) while all my other adapters (the ones you get in some iems) get disconnected/bad-sound when you move them during use.

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #6,169 of 9,182
Apr 27, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #6,170 of 9,182
Some people have no shame. Guy selling these at £35-50 a pop and poor sods are paying it thinking they're getting a decent brand

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284271641895

Tell me, this is the same cable isn't it?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_image.7e252e8dpRODTV
It looks to be the same cable. You can try asking XINHS, sometimes they are OEM for the cable and sometimes they are not or cannot confirm the specific material in the cable.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #6,171 of 9,182
What are the differences of these cable from eachother and would you pick one over the others? or pair better with certain iems?

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #6,172 of 9,182
It's taking forever for my xinhs cable to show up.

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #6,173 of 9,182
What are the differences of these cable from eachother and would you pick one over the others? or pair better with certain iems?
This is a difficult question but I will try my best to describe their sound signature:

1st cable - smallest (-ish) stage out of them (but still very good), more forward sounding, most sparkles yet still smooth treble, upper-mid and treble more energetic and forward, thinner mids, punchy bass as well, good separation
2nd cable - tallest stage, more reserved but more revealing due to the balanced sound signature, clearer sub-bass but less bassy overall, not much sparkles but very smooth treble, very good separation (air)
3rd cable - most punchy and tightest sound, very good separation (air), more mid than the other two, mid and treble has some kind of tube sound.

Actually thanks for asking. I would rate the copper alloy top (3rd cable) and then the other two would be a tie. And you are right, one cable may pair better with certain IEMs. but not so well with the rest. I have the BQEYZ spring 2 and I find it to be the most picky IEM in terms of cable which it doesn't sound good with any of these 3 cables (it sounds best with the stock cable).

The copper alloy cable sounds really good for pop and electric guitar alike which I have been listening to lately so I may be a little biased. :smirk: Try this copper alloy cable (balanced) with the extremely cheap CCA CSN you may ask yourself why buying expensive IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #6,174 of 9,182
I just read that there are positive and negative terminals on 2 pin cable pins (which is obvious but I haven't thought about it before), and was wondering if the way they are connected to the IEMs can result in phase mismatch issues and such. Can anyone shed some enlightenment regarding this?

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #6,175 of 9,182
I just read that there are positive and negative terminals on 2 pin cable pins (which is obvious but I haven't thought about it before), and was wondering if the way they are connected to the IEMs can result in phase mismatch issues and such. Can anyone shed some enlightenment regarding this?
The main problem arises when one side is connected in opposite polarity - it makes the sound stage collapse to "inside" and really decimates the sound.
If both sides are connected oppositely - it depends on the IEM circuitry and specific drivers - in my limited experience all the IEMs, that I have tried with, worked OK with the opposite polarity.

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #6,176 of 9,182
My purple cable arrived today.

Attachments

• 20210430_213806.jpg
    20210430_213806.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210430_213828.jpg
    20210430_213828.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210430_214037.jpg
    20210430_214037.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #6,177 of 9,182
My purple cable arrived today.
Looks like you bought it from XINHS. I can tell because of the case they sent you. I've bought and received 2 of their SPC cables also (mine are 8 core, silver plated, both with 2.5mm balanced connectors; one with QDC for the KZ ZAX, one with TFZ for the KBEAR KS1) and received them in the same cases. I really love that that send them in a free case.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when iem manufacturers don't supply a case for their products plus the cable. Take note KZ, TRN, MOONDROP, CCA, KBEAR, Blon, etc. What am I supposed to store my iems in, after I've unboxed them, if I don't get some kind of case to put them in when I'm not listening to em??!! Every one of these companies could provide a simple case like XINHS does for their cables; and it probably wouldn't cost them more than 10-15 cents.

May 1, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #6,178 of 9,182
Looks like you bought it from XINHS. I can tell because of the case they sent you. I've bought and received 2 of their SPC cables also (mine are 8 core, silver plated, both with 2.5mm balanced connectors; one with QDC for the KZ ZAX, one with TFZ for the KBEAR KS1) and received them in the same cases. I really love that that send them in a free case.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when iem manufacturers don't supply a case for their products plus the cable. Take note KZ, TRN, MOONDROP, CCA, KBEAR, Blon, etc. What am I supposed to store my iems in, after I've unboxed them, if I don't get some kind of case to put them in when I'm not listening to em??!! Every one of these companies could provide a simple case like XINHS does for their cables; and it probably wouldn't cost them more than 10-15 cents.
Interesting- I thought apart from the super budget IEMs most would have come with their own pouch/case provided. Also, for people who like to try a few different cables for each of their IEMs, if they provided a case for every cable these owners would have been inundated with like 20+ cases on their hands for just a handful of IEMs haha

May 1, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #6,179 of 9,182
Interesting- I thought apart from the super budget IEMs most would have come with their own pouch/case provided. Also, for people who like to try a few different cables for each of their IEMs, if they provided a case for every cable these owners would have been inundated with like 20+ cases on their hands for just a handful of IEMs haha
Yeah, that's kind of my point. In the month of April, I received 3 iems; KZ DQ6, KZ ZAX, KBEAR KS1. No case with any of them. In the past; purchased KZ ZS10 PRO (3 times), Moondrop Kanas Pro, Nicehck NX7, BLON BL03, BL01, TFZ NO.3, CCA C10 PRO. No case included with any of them.

I've bought cases for all over the years; ranging from 82 cents to $6. My issue is that; no matter how much an iem costs; it should still come with a case to store them in in the original box. Little canvas like bags don't count. Those offer no protection for your iems.

These cases would probably cost less than 15 cents per unit to make. Why can't more companies just include them in their OE packaging? If a cable manufacturer like XINHS can give me one when they send out their cable in it; why can't even inexpensive iem manufacturers like KZ, KBEAR, CCA, TFZ, etc supply a decent case for iem storage?! The cost is low enough; so why do I still need to buy a zippered storage case for my new iems?

There is no excuse for this. Even a $10 iem could be supplied with a 15 cent storage case.

May 1, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #6,180 of 9,182
Yeah, that's kind of my point. In the month of April, I received 3 iems; KZ DQ6, KZ ZAX, KBEAR KS1. No case with any of them. In the past; purchased KZ ZS10 PRO (3 times), Moondrop Kanas Pro, Nicehck NX7, BLON BL03, BL01, TFZ NO.3, CCA C10 PRO. No case included with any of them.

I've bought cases for all over the years; ranging from 82 cents to $6. My issue is that; no matter how much an iem costs; it should still come with a case to store them in in the original box. Little canvas like bags don't count. Those offer no protection for your iems.

These cases would probably cost less than 15 cents per unit to make. Why can't more companies just include them in their OE packaging? If a cable manufacturer like XINHS can give me one when they send out their cable in it; why can't even inexpensive iem manufacturers like KZ, KBEAR, CCA, TFZ, etc supply a decent case for iem storage?! The cost is low enough; so why do I still need to buy a zippered storage case for my new iems?

There is no excuse for this. Even a $10 iem could be supplied with a 15 cent storage case.
I don't know about the Kanas Pro, but I'm sure the KXXS, Starfield and even my Aria has a case included. I do agree that an optional case would be nice for super budget IEMs, but honestly a pouch would suffice imo since I see those super budget IEMs as stuff-in-your-pocket items. It would eventually get annoying if the case were not optional but a mandatory included item, for said IEMs or cheap cables alike. Also, it's not always just about the supplier production cost, but item procuring and checking, extra worker pay, storage space, planning and handling, packaging costs and greatly increased shipping inefficiency (transport logistics) due to multiple extra delivery trips and space required. If you had seen the tiny package of the TRN MT1 then you'd understand an included case would probably increase the volume of the packaging by nearly 100%, and it will probably result in a 20+% net price hike as well for IEMs like the MT1 (which is a lot!) :grimacing: Honestly, I wouldn't complain if I can get a case myself for just 82 cents as you mentioned you have done; indeed, I would value the freedom of choice. Almost no convenience would be sacrificed as well (with a bit of knowledge)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back