Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 9, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #4,666 of 9,182
AliEx shipment came in recently. Now I have a bunch of mixing and matching to do with all of my cables and IEMs. Should keep me busy for quite a while, which is definitely a good thing for my wallet. I’m probably gonna use a Tripowin C8 cable to stay on my IT00 when it comes in next week.

5931B4A2-C137-4A81-8FC6-E33AB5484C86.jpeg

cable number 6, which manufacturer is it? looks very interesting...

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #4,669 of 9,182
I'm looking for a copper cable for my Arya's that's basically just like the stock cable (which is OCC copper), but a bit longer. Anyone have suggestions? It uses 3.5mm on the earcups.

I did try the Meze 99 10ft cable and it was a worse sound so I think I need something better than that.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #4,671 of 9,182
Try looking at this shop. I have bought some IEM cables and recently bought a crystal copper cable for my Amron Homes from here. They have options for length of cables too I believe. http://www.lunashops.com/

Thanks, will check them out but wow, they're site is sure difficult to navigate.

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #4,672 of 9,182
These are what I have. Might be what your looking for. http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=6745

the site is a bit confusing as they have a lot of parts for cables and such. I am certain Lunashops is an OEM for a lot of cable companies. You can look at ebay listings and Lunashops has a few vendors selling for them on ebay as well. Same cable.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #4,673 of 9,182
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #4,674 of 9,182
I'm looking for a copper cable for my Arya's that's basically just like the stock cable (which is OCC copper), but a bit longer. Anyone have suggestions? It uses 3.5mm on the earcups.

I did try the Meze 99 10ft cable and it was a worse sound so I think I need something better than that.
I use my IEM cables together with MMCX/2pin to 3.5mm quality adapters for my hifimans (ananda and he400i).
You can order a custom cable at CEMA electro acousti, specifying desired length, and terminator and connectors (3.5mm ones included) from their shop.
Cable 171 from my list (check my signature), UP-OCC copper litz, could be appropriated (that's my copper cable for Ananda).
You'll probably be able to appreciate the great soundstage of Arya with UP-OCC copper.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #4,675 of 9,182
Aug 11, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #4,676 of 9,182
I have been looking for an upgrade cable for my iem's and should say i have been lucky to find this thread. OMG...so much of details and depth...Credits to all of you experts.

I have only reached until 135 pages from beginning...still a long way to go...

I plan to buy an upgrade cable each for my Ultimate Ears 900 and Shure SE846 both 3.5 + mmcx pins. Budget around 50-100 USD(for cables on offer).

I have gone though @hakuzen 's list and reviews(till page 135) and could understand that 165 and 130 are the ones on top recommendation.

But i would like your expert opinion on if they will match with my iem's or is it any others that suit better.

I'm also ready to wait for offers if the recommendations are above my budget.

Please advise

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #4,677 of 9,182
I have been looking for an upgrade cable for my iem's and should say i have been lucky to find this thread. OMG...so much of details and depth...Credits to all of you experts.

I plan to buy an upgrade cable each for my Ultimate Ears 900 and Shure SE846 both 3.5 + mmcx pins. Budget around 50-100 USD(for cables on offer).

I have gone though @hakuzen 's list and reviews(till page 135) and could understand that 165 and 130 are the ones on top recommendation.

But i would like your expert opinion on if they will match with my iem's or is it any others that suit better.

Please advise
to get my preference order, better go to my list (check my signature). my actual favorites are ordered into the first pages. 165 and 130 are not my favs since long ago.
but the list is limited and there are many other good and interesting cables commented in this thread, apart of comments about the cables from different people using different gear..
can't talk about these IEMs, because haven't tried them.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #4,678 of 9,182

Please advise

I‘m in a quite similar position.

I’m looking for a good 2.5mm balanced cable to go with my SE846s. My budget is somewhere around 50-60 USD. I hear people in different threads say that silver cables can brighten up the SE846s' treble by a noticeable amount, but I currently can't afford any expensive cables 😞

I've been scrolling through every option on Aliexpress, and the cheap/thin 4 core silver ones are very tempting! But there were reviews of people (on Aliexpress) saying that the cables have thin copper cores inside, covered with super thin strands of silver. So I'm all confused🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm considering 4 core silver cables from TRN, **** and Nicehck.
But given that there's a good chance that those are not genuine/pure silver, maybe I should go with tripowin c8, or some OCC cable?

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could share their experience with these kind of cables. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #4,679 of 9,182
Aug 12, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #4,680 of 9,182
I‘m in a quite similar position.

I’m looking for a good 2.5mm balanced cable to go with my SE846s. My budget is somewhere around 50-60 USD. I hear people in different threads say that silver cables can brighten up the SE846s' treble by a noticeable amount, but I currently can't afford any expensive cables 😞

I've been scrolling through every option on Aliexpress, and the cheap/thin 4 core silver ones are very tempting! But there were reviews of people (on Aliexpress) saying that the cables have thin copper cores inside, covered with super thin strands of silver. So I'm all confused🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm considering 4 core silver cables from TRN, **** and Nicehck.
But given that there's a good chance that those are not genuine/pure silver, maybe I should go with tripowin c8, or some OCC cable?

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could share their experience with these kind of cables. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
So far, the best sounding cable that I’ve used on my se846 is the silver TRN T3 cable. The only issue was that the left side kept cutting in and out with movement. It was the same with 2 separate TRN T3 cables, so it was probably the fault of my left IEM, though that IEM has worked fine with every other MMCX cable that I’ve tried. This is just one persons experience, but the sound is really impressive. Hmmm, now I need to try the se846 with the NiceHCK silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back