Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 1, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #4,591 of 9,177
Any good budget <$30 MMCX cable?
It depends, for what? I really have liked the TRN T3 cable. I have 2 with MMCX connectors.

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #4,592 of 9,177
Aug 1, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #4,593 of 9,177
I noticed vendors on the express like to do that on occasion. Just to show that is what the price should be. A week or so goes by. And yet another sales event happens and what you know the price goes down to what it really is.

Only time I ever buy anything from these guys is when there is a sales event and I suspect a majority of their sales are on sales events. They do that on occasion just to make it seem like the real value is that price. But we all know what the real value is. It is always on sales day.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #4,594 of 9,177
I noticed vendors on the express like to do that on occasion. Just to show that is what the price should be. A week or so goes by. And yet another sales event happens and what you know the price goes down to what it should be.

Only time I ever buy anything from these guys is when there is a sales event and I suspect a majority of their sales are on sales events. They do that on occasion just to make it seem like the real value is that price. But we all know what the real value is. It is always on sales day.
Oh I forgot, a sale is actually coming in 2 days: https://promossale.com/aliexpress-sale-dates-2020/

increase the price before sale, drop the price on sale. Customers have no idea and think it is a great deal....

I really dislike that method....

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #4,595 of 9,177
This raise the price and drop the price comes from Asian cultures. Asians like to haggle a lot every Asian even my wife likes to haggle even at a home depot. Lol The idea of giving and getting a better value. Online you really can't haggle but they instill some of that feeling and sense of getting a good deal by making it seem like your getting 40% off of regular price. I mean when has anyone that shops on Aliexpress bought anything at "regular price" To be fair there are a lot of items and vendors that never do sales for some odd reason.

I am sure there are a few unknowing folks that actually buy at regular prices during non sales events, but regulars that shop there knows better to wait for sales events. Which seems to happen more and more frequently. More sales events means more sales so why not. Don't make the old 11/11 sales day not so special anymore.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #4,596 of 9,177
This raise the price and drop the price comes from Asian cultures. Asians like to haggle a lot every Asian even my wife likes to haggle even at a home depot. Lol The idea of giving and getting a better value. Online you really can't haggle but they instill some of that feeling and sense of getting a good deal by making it seem like your getting 40% off of regular price. I mean when has anyone that shops on Aliexpress bought anything at "regular price" To be fair there are a lot of items and vendors that never do sales for some odd reason.

I am sure there are a few unknowing folks that actually buy at regular prices during non sales events, but regulars that shop there knows better to wait for sales events. Which seems to happen more and more frequently. More sales events means more sales so why not. Don't make the old 11/11 sales day not so special anymore.
It is pretty sad about 11/11, last year wasnt anything special...

Feels less important to save up for 11/11 especially when there are so many other sales all year round.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #4,597 of 9,177
ya that is precisely my point. With sales every month there is no reason to wait for 11.11 I do notice some vendors giving a bit of extra discount on 11.11 but nothing really substantial. Then there is the surprise bags. Which are all pretty much crap shoots. The surprise is you get a mediocre earphone. Lol.

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #4,601 of 9,177
I had to order one of these in 8 cores. It looks like a beast of a cable.

Haven't seen this store before has anyone got anything and recommend them?

£67.96 10%OFF | Cotton net shield Litz 8N single crystal copper upgrade line 2.5 / 3.5 / 4.4 interface
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BUydAp
Seems like the weight/style of that would pull an IEM out of your ear

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4,603 of 9,177
Looks like I'm another victim of TRN cables. I took extreme care of it as I listen only at home but it only lasted like 5 months. No sound coming from right side.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32931782166.html

Meh, you aren't missing anything. Those particular cables are crap, and have fake wires inside. They did you a favor by dying.

There's way too many other good cables out there!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back