Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 17, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #4,081 of 9,182
I need cable for DIY short 3.5 mm from Mojo to portable Amp, please recommend and 3.5 jack.
I'd say UP-OCC wire (Neotech or OEM). Pure silver, or copper, or mixed.
You can find Neotech wire at audiophonics.fr or hificollective.uk, for example. No litz UP-OCC wires, so easier for DIYing.
For OEM, I use to get it at CEMA electro acousti shop (aliexpress), together with their quality jacks. I ordered this ready made one there. You can ask for a shorter one. The jacks are quality rhodium plated ones (which sometimes are harder to solder). Wires used are those used in cable 175 of my list. You can order the raw materials as well, but ask for the price of the ready made custom cable before. You might find that avoiding the extra work (litz, rhodium) is worth it.
175_ampCable.jpg

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #4,082 of 9,182
Yep! Cema is super fast and its really easy to get him live on the chat.
I ordered a 30cm 8 core version of the XS cable with two 2,5mm rhodium jacks.. even with corona it was pretty fast in germany... well now we are ****ed and its safer to get stuff from china :)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #4,084 of 9,182
Just received the ISN AG8. Astoundingly good best buy. You'd have to spend twice as much to begin equaling its performance
This cable retails for $199-US...not exactly budget. Please post this in the newly created Mid-Fi cable thread. Let's keep this thread to cables at $100US or less. I'm sure it sounds great, but many of us that subscribe to THIS thread are looking for a good cable at an affordable cost. The cable you are referring to, costs more than every iem I currently own.

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #4,087 of 9,182
So I'm looking for an OTG cable for a decent, low budget price to use between my Hiby R6 and my iFi XCAN. Does anyone have any recommendations that won't break the bank? I would greatly appreciate it. Just looking for something with 2 right angle jacks that is short but not too short, and unobtrusive.

Mar 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #4,088 of 9,182
So I'm looking for an OTG cable for a decent, low budget price to use between my Hiby R6 and my iFi XCAN. Does anyone have any recommendations that won't break the bank? I would greatly appreciate it. Just looking for something with 2 right angle jacks that is short but not too short, and unobtrusive.
If you are looking for a 3,5mm to 3,5mm then this is a good cable: https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/d11.html
(recommended to me by our cable god Hakuzen)

Mar 28, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #4,090 of 9,182
Mar 28, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4,091 of 9,182
US $15.03 16%OFF | FAAEAL 4Core High Purity Copper cable with 2Pin/MMCX Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Gold-plated plug Earphone Upgrade Cable For TFZ/TRN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWhTY4e
Didn't see litz in the name so I wasn't sure but it does say it in the specs. What iem are you using it with? I may grab one as it is relatively cheap now...

Mar 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #4,092 of 9,182
Didn't see litz in the name so I wasn't sure but it does say it in the specs. What iem are you using it with? I may grab one as it is relatively cheap now...
I don't have it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back