Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 21, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #4,006 of 9,182
I want to change the cable on my iBasso it01s, since it's giving me comfort problems. I have a **** 8 Core Silver Plated Copper balanced cable, which is much better in comfort,
and the original it01 cable is better too.
The earhooks of the **** are more tight, the cable is more flexible and thick which help it to stay on ears.

You think I am loosing sound quality? It's a 8usd Vs 100usd cable :/
If yes,what cable so you recommend?didn't want to spend more than 30usd.

I own (well used to own the iBasso IT01, it recently broke), but still use a couple of MMCX earphones.

My go-to cable is the FAAEL MMCX mic cable as it is the most durable (in my experience) and cheap ($7-9) enough to use a beater cable for my daily commute. The mic quality is alright and the sound quality is better than the Fiio stock mic cable (which is pretty bad imho).

That said, I found better sound quality in the Brainwavz black MMCX cable ($15) which is advertised as litz. The Brainwavz, in my ears sounds clearer and more... fast? transient than the FAAEAL, Fiio and a random 8-core NiceHCK cable that was recommended in Hakuzen's list. I've also seen a lot of posts here praising the FAAEL litz (4 core, $17) cable and will be giving that a try in the near future.

To be honest though your budget is pretty wide and I think a cable recommendation would be more based on whether you'd need a mic and use case. If you could stretch your budget slightly, I would highly recommend the GU Crafstman 5N copper cable being sold at $40 (+ shipping). If you can wait until sales periods/ black friday ALO audio also sells their litz cable for $29.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #4,008 of 9,182
ISN make good quality cables. Worth a try - you might want to consider a hybrid H8 (not the H16 - heavy and a little edgy in the treble) or the 4 core Electro Acousti cables.

I went with ISN Audio SC4. Will see how it is, the H8 also looked quite good.

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #4,010 of 9,182
On Amazon they have some pretty nice generic cables that are actually handmade in China. They're also marketted as oxygen free copper which is a definite bonus.

Non banned manufacturer?

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #4,011 of 9,182
I own (well used to own the iBasso IT01, it recently broke), but still use a couple of MMCX earphones.

My go-to cable is the FAAEL MMCX mic cable as it is the most durable (in my experience) and cheap ($7-9) enough to use a beater cable for my daily commute. The mic quality is alright and the sound quality is better than the Fiio stock mic cable (which is pretty bad imho).

That said, I found better sound quality in the Brainwavz black MMCX cable ($15) which is advertised as litz. The Brainwavz, in my ears sounds clearer and more... fast? transient than the FAAEAL, Fiio and a random 8-core NiceHCK cable that was recommended in Hakuzen's list. I've also seen a lot of posts here praising the FAAEL litz (4 core, $17) cable and will be giving that a try in the near future.

To be honest though your budget is pretty wide and I think a cable recommendation would be more based on whether you'd need a mic and use case. If you could stretch your budget slightly, I would highly recommend the GU Crafstman 5N copper cable being sold at $40 (+ shipping). If you can wait until sales periods/ black friday ALO audio also sells their litz cable for $29.

when did you get the FAAEAL litz cable for 7-9 bucks :astonished:

*edit* (reading comprehension overhaul):

>FAAEL MMCX mic cable

okay :)

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #4,012 of 9,182
I bought a Tripowin 16 core Zonie SPC cable with a 2.5mm balanced plug, and QDC connectors, to use with my ZS10 PRO. It arrived yesterday from Aliexpress. Ordered on 01/29/20. Came from Singapore in 2 weeks, so I guess no virus issues. Bought this to replace the JCally 8 core I was using. That cable is really good, but I wanted to see if this Zonie would add anything to the already sweet sounding combo I already had. Burning the Zonie in now, but I can already tell it's a couple steps up from the JCally I was using. I'll post more impressions in a few days as I get more familiar with my new cable. In the meantime, I'm loving the increased detail I'm hearing with the Zonie
So, I've had a week or so with the Tripowin Zonie 16 core (terminated with ZS10 PRO/QDC and 2.5mm balanced plug). Been using this with my ZS10 PRO. It has replaced the JCally 8 core that I had been using. The Zonie is a nice upgrade with a discernable difference in detail resolution in the mids and highs, as well as a slightly tighter bass definition, but still retaining the warmth and impact of the JCally cable. Imho, the differences (in SQ) are small. The JCally 8 core is still a nice upgrade cable for the ZS10 PRO (especially compared to the the stock cable); but the Tripowin Zonie SPC 16 core is a few steps better than the JCally. It's also a nicer, softer cable; which makes it more comfortable for longer listening sessions. I bought mine on sale from Aliexpress for only $24 CDN. For that price, I can highly rec the Tripowin Zonie SPC 2.5mm balanced cable.

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #4,013 of 9,182
when did you get the FAAEAL litz cable for 7-9 bucks :astonished:

*edit* (reading comprehension overhaul):

>FAAEL MMCX mic cable

okay :)

No worries!
Yeah the $7-9 one is their normal 5N MMCX mic cable, not the litz. If you are a new Aliexpress user you may be able to get $2-3 USD off though.

I actually recently purchased the Jade Audio EA3 so I'm in the market for a 2-pin cable myself... wondering if I should get the FAEAL Hibiscus Litz or if there is a better budget contender in the $20-30 range.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4,015 of 9,182
No worries!
Yeah the $7-9 one is their normal 5N MMCX mic cable, not the litz. If you are a new Aliexpress user you may be able to get $2-3 USD off though.

I actually recently purchased the Jade Audio EA3 so I'm in the market for a 2-pin cable myself... wondering if I should get the FAEAL Hibiscus Litz or if there is a better budget contender in the $20-30 range.

the FAAEAL litz cable is really a good product, it's only somewhat bulky and heavy

so it's recommended to wear the cable over ear, also since the Jade Audio EA3 is somewhat bright (if I remember correctly ?) it should be a good match since there's a bit of a roll-off with it, the question is if the bass is already too much or enough with the EA3 since the cable emphasizes the bass also a bit

Feb 28, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #4,016 of 9,182
the FAAEAL litz cable is really a good product, it's only somewhat bulky and heavy

so it's recommended to wear the cable over ear, also since the Jade Audio EA3 is somewhat bright (if I remember correctly ?) it should be a good match since there's a bit of a roll-off with it, the question is if the bass is already too much or enough with the EA3 since the cable emphasizes the bass also a bit
i would rencomend 175 for ea3.

Feb 28, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #4,019 of 9,182
Feb 28, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #4,020 of 9,182
Guys I got a question. What kind of ISN cable for example or other generic chi-fi cable would have equal or similar sound quality to ALO's stock litz cable?

Screenshot_2020-02-28-19-41-52.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back