Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #3,931 of 9,086
So ISN SC4 naming scheme makes a lot of sense. One part silver and one part crystal copper. They are weaved together which makes for a interesting hybrid. This type if interweave per core makes a lot of sense of a hybrid cable vs using 2 separate cores mixed for the cable like most hybrids.

I think the end results makes the cable have both properties more seamlessly. These do remind me of the 175. Detailed due to the silver has the sense of space similar how the 175 cable does. It is basically ISNs version of the 175 cable but in 4 cores.

Wish they made a 8 core version with this same weave but for now I am impressed with these. Most definitely a higher end cable to consider.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #3,932 of 9,086
Got my cheap rx cable today from Cema as requested with no earhooks.

IMG_20200123_123635.jpg

Tried many cabels on my Tin HiFi p1 and it sound dull with most, also tried 26awg single crystal coper and nothing worked.

This cable all tho not a single coper cable workes magic on the p1. The bass seems Fuller weird enough as normaly coper does the trick.

Now combined with 9038s mode 3 (tube impression) the rx cable and some spin fits the p1 sound just right to me, oke I like even more bass but then you compromize the rest of the frequency range. Songs like hey hey from a live album from Eric Clapton sound amazing and so does dance and psytrance. Really like this combo.

And for all of you don't know what to try, try this RX series cable. With some chats with Cema they will customize it fully to your needs. And it's only 35 euro so not really expensive.

Cable is really flexible looks great and sound amazing to me. But I'm not a standard and there for I ask others with this cable to share their findings.

Really like this cable, so much I own 3 of them as they are really to my liking.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #3,934 of 9,086
I wonder if CEMA can make full-sized headphone cables with 4-pin XLR termination?

Anybody know if 175 cable is undoubtably Neotech wire based?

I use there RS and rx series for full size no problem, just requested a cable for my m1060 which uses plugs not on his website and that was not a problem, so I guess he can make you xlr if you ask.

About the neotech I don't know but he always awnsers chat you can check with him on ali

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #3,936 of 9,086
I wonder if CEMA can make full-sized headphone cables with 4-pin XLR termination?

Anybody know if 175 cable is undoubtably Neotech wire based?
Yes he can. i ordered a short version of the super thick silver plated with 4pin xlr to 2,5mm

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #3,937 of 9,086
Can some one advice me on how the ie80s pinnis called?

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #3,939 of 9,086
Hey folks, I have a recommendation request. I have an 'original' FLC8s and first bought a Null Audio Arete cable (mark I) and the sound is pretty good, but the microphonics and stiffness are horrible. Last year I bought cable 170 (aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dx8MJeK) and for months now I have been attempting to get the FLC8s to not be so bright. The FLC8s has so many configurations, and I have tip rolled and everything, but cable 170 seems to reduce the mid bass and increase the upper mids/lower treble, though it has better imaging and soundstage than the Arete (and maybe the reduction in these frequencies is giving a better imaging). So, I am looking for a new cable that can be used for travelling, but not exaggerate the upper mids/lower treble. Preferrably a cable under $100.00 Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,940 of 9,086
Jan 26, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #3,942 of 9,086
Hello guys, new to the thread just wanna ask a question

I just bought this trn t3 sterling silver cable for a very cheap price, possibly the cheapest silver cable on the market atm, this is also my first silver cable. But I was underwhelmed by the sound of it. Its shrill in the treble and grainy, mids are a bit shouty, and somewhat inconsistent sounding, soundstage feels narrow and I dont know why. The good part however is that it reduces some midbass but doesnt alter the subbass too much which is good. but overall I think it sounds not so good compared to single crystal copper from ****.

Although Im only about 10hrs of use with it and I dont really know if this silver cable will benefit from longer burn in so..

Based on your experience guys, does silver cable requires and benefit from burn in?

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,944 of 9,086
Bought into the hype of the FAAEAL 4-core Cu Litz cable, and it's indeed worth the hype. Rather soft and pliable, not too heavy, and the pre-formed memory hook is very much manageable. It also looks quite good in person.

Only gripes so far: that useless chin-slider, and the 3.5mm jack is a tad too heavy for my liking.

IMG_5584.JPG
IMG_5587.JPG

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #3,945 of 9,086
Bought into the hype of the FAAEAL 4-core Cu Litz cable, and it's indeed worth the hype. Rather soft and pliable, not too heavy, and the pre-formed memory hook is very much manageable. It also looks quite good in person.

Only gripes so far: that useless chin-slider, and the 3.5mm jack is a tad too heavy for my liking.

Those are some beautiful pictures, do you have any electro acousti cables that you can compare with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back