Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 4, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #3,767 of 9,177
I heard some encouraging improvements with the cable swaps so I am not giving up yet. Doing some cooking on them now. Will decide by the end of next week.
I also bought the JVC FDX1 and using them with both the cable 053 and NiceHCK C16-3 - very subtle differences between these cables to my ears. The real improvement in bass for me came with a judicious use of EQ - really woke them up for me.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #3,768 of 9,177
I like how the H-16 expands the sound signature in depth and stage which has an added effect of increasing the bass end too. I just did a head to head comparison of the stock cable to the H-16 and I cant use the stock cable after using the H-16 on it

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,769 of 9,177
I like how the H-16 expands the sound signature in depth and stage which has an added effect of increasing the bass end too. I just did a head to head comparison of the stock cable to the H-16 and I cant use the stock cable after using the H-16 on it
I never even tried the stock cables - went right to the balanced cables noted above. The combination of DX220/AMP8EX/FDX1/NiceHCK cables = musical bliss!!!

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #3,771 of 9,177
After purchasing several upgrade cables, including the CEMA RX series, I have come to the conclusion that pure copper is my personal sonic preference for now (because i prefer Nicehck C16-3 to the CEMA RX).

With that in mind there are a couple of nice-looking copper cables due to go on sale soon on AE. I would like to purchase one of them and I was wondering if anyone owns either of these or could advise on which they think is the "better" quality. The **** is occ and slightly more expensive and I think it's 2 pin connectors might be slightly better quality. Thank you in advance!

£29.72 61%OFF | 8 Core 7N Single Crystal Copper Cable Taiwan Import 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX Connector For KZAS10 ZS10 ZST

£25.78 73%OFF | OFHC 24 AWG 6N High Purity Copper Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX/2PIN/QDC For BL-03 BLON ZS10 PRO ZSX C12 BA5

Edited: to remove banned seller I was unaware of.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #3,772 of 9,177
After purchasing several upgrade cables, including the CEMA RX series, I have come to the conclusion that pure copper is my personal sonic preference for now (because i prefer Nicehck C16-3 to the CEMA RX).

With that in mind there are a couple of nice-looking copper cables due to go on sale soon on AE. I would like to purchase one of them and I was wondering if anyone owns either of these or could advise on which they think is the "better" quality. The **** is occ and slightly more expensive and I think it's 2 pin connectors might be slightly better quality. Thank you in advance!

£29.72 61%OFF | **** 8 Core 7N Single Crystal Copper Cable Taiwan Import 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX Connector For KZAS10 ZS10 ZST
https://a.aliexpress.com/oTUBgtri

£25.78 73%OFF | OFHC 24 AWG 6N High Purity Copper Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX/2PIN/QDC For BL-03 BLON ZS10 PRO ZSX C12 BA5
https://a.aliexpress.com/M001O7o8

I highly doubt that the copper purity on those are any true at all. I'd say your best best is the ISN C4, but it costs almost twice the price of those.

Anyway, I actually prefer the 6N cable better. the one with those Taiwanese mmcx connectors is pretty neat, and 6N OFHC sounds more believable lol.
H6914faf4918a43f780f261222f9f71d8G.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #3,774 of 9,177
Some one messed up. That cable should not be at that price. lol. You got a deal as it looks exactly like the NiceHCK C4-1 cables. However description of the Kbear cables says it is crystal copper. When you use that cable if you feel tonality warms up the sonics a touch I bet it is only copper and not silver coated UPOCC like the NiceHCK version. Could be the reason why they are cheaper. But who knows. No one is gonna slice open them cables to find out. In any case they look like good cables to me. I would be happy with that find.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #3,775 of 9,177
1.jpg 2.jpg

TRN V90 using the NiceHCK C16-1 and Blon BL03 using the C16-3.

I must say, these are superb bang for the buck cables I've owned and will not bother to purchase any cables that go past their price range. The SQ these two provides are enough for my hearing tastes, and they now prevent me from purchasing snake oils and other iems that aren't worth my hard earned though sweat and blood - cash. XD

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #3,776 of 9,177
Agreed going balance helps with that stage expansion. Usually adds some extra power when going balanced so will help with more bass and stage perception there.

Noob question, I know....but just to clarify before I place an order today....I presume a balanced cable will only give you better sound stage perception *if* you are using a balanced output amp? and if I am running from my phone (albeit LG V50) there will be no signal/sound difference betweem balanced and unbalanced cables? Thanks in advance.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #3,777 of 9,177
Noob question, I know....but just to clarify before I place an order today....I presume a balanced cable will only give you better sound stage perception *if* you are using a balanced output amp? and if I am running from my phone (albeit LG V50) there will be no signal/sound difference betweem balanced and unbalanced cables? Thanks in advance.
Im using the G8 thinQ, so it suppose to sound the same with your V50. They only have unbalanced/single end TRS 3.5mm output

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #3,778 of 9,177
Jan 6, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,779 of 9,177

I buy all my cables in 2.5mm balanced and if I have a source with only 3.5 out like my IFI Black label amp. I use a female 2.5mm adapter that ends with a 3.5mm single end AKA pigtail adapter. Most of my sources has 2.5mm out so this is the most logical method of buying cables for me. Balanced cables are only usable on balanced sources. But have the added benefit of becoming single ended using an adapter. You can't go the opposite way however.

Not the same cable. similar material but not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back