Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #3,376 of 9,086
Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #3,377 of 9,086
This is my take on the ISN C4. In the end it is very comparable to cable 125. Which actually surprised me as 125 is a great copper cable.
_125_7nocc_4cThick_furut_2pin.jpg

A bit better looking than 125 actually. Not as heavy but sonically very similar even though this one is an alloy copper variety vs crystal copper in the ISN C4. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-c4.24062/reviews#review-22950

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #3,378 of 9,086
2042621698396138865.jpg
I think the Faaeal Litz copper cable may be made by TRN?

I checked out a different Faaeal cable on Amazon and it was labeled as a TRN? Maybe they are partners?

Because of its cost $17USD, maybe it's alloy copper and not crystal copper?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #3,379 of 9,086
Zpolt never tried the hibiscus litz cable with the Blon 03.
I think the Faaeal Litz copper cable may be made by TRN?

I checked out a Faaeal cable on Amazon and it was labeled as a TRN? Maybe they are partners?

Are they? Wow ok. Why would TRN make a nice cable as such for Faaeal and still use the same crappy v80 stock cable on just about most of their products?

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #3,380 of 9,086
Recently I bought Yxxxxx 16 cores cable for TFZ T2 during AE 11-11 sale. I bought it simply for the look as it looks nice and matching the TFZ T2 blue color.

20191127_150232a.jpg

When I compared it with the stock cable, I didn't expect to hear any differences, but I think I did hear a slight differences between the 2 cables. The Yxxxxx cable sounds a tad warmer with slightly thicker tonal density around the mids and bass. Just a tad, nothing significant. Out of curiosity I measured them to see if I can see any differences from the measurement.

20191127_104453a.jpg

I use China generic IEC60318-4 coupler (with mic integrated), and RME Babyface Pro for the audio interface. Rode VXLR+ converts the 48V phantom power to 5V plugin power for the condenser mic inside the IEC60318-4 coupler. For software I use REW latest beta version. I have done quite a lot of measurement with this setup, with small Silicone ear tips and proper insertion I could get less than 0.1 dB level matching between insertions. That means for the same driver, the level at reference point (in this case I use 1kHz instead of 500Hz) is pretty consistent between insertions and measurements. I usually do around 3 times measurement and re-insertion for the same driver to check consistency. So for example when I see the 1kHz level like 0.2 dB different between left and right channels, it is the difference in left and right channel matching and less of the insertion error.

I measured the Yxxxxx cable (silver-blue) and the stock cable (black), the FR looks very2 close between the cables, so we can say FR is practically the same between the cables.

TFZ T2 Left Channel Yxxxxx (light blue) and Stock cables (dark blue and light purple) - 2 measurement each cable:
TFZ T2 - Left Channel - **** & stock cable.png

TFZ T2 Left Channel Yxxxxx (Yellow and Orange) and Stock cables (Red) - 2 measurement each cable:
TFZ T2 - Right Channel - **** & stock cable.png

TFZ T2 Left Channel with stock cable - Left and Right channel matching - 2 measurement each channel:
TFZ T2 - Left (Blue) - Right (Red) - stock cable.png

So FR wise no different between stock and **** cable.

But I notice the following differences in 1kHz level when I matched it to 95 dB SPL:

TFZ T2 Stock Cable Left: -18.90 dBFS
TFZ T2 Stock Cable Right: -19.50 dBFS

TFZ T2 Yxxxxx Cable Left: -19.20 dBFS
TFZ T2 Yxxxxx Cable Right: -19.80 dBFS

Those are the level setting of the generator in the REW. As we can see that with Yxxxxx cable I have to set around 0.3 dB lower to match level of the stock cable. That means the Yxxxxx cable is simply 0.3 dB louder than the stock cable, which translates to lower resistance on the Yxxxxx cable. I haven't measured the resistance of the cables, but this is good enough for me to see that both cables do have measurable differences.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #3,381 of 9,086
Could you recommend an MMCX cable with a good headset? or throw off the link in which topic they are discussing it

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #3,384 of 9,086
Recently I bought **** 16 cores cable for TFZ T2 during AE 11-11 sale. I bought it simply for the look as it looks nice and matching the TFZ T2 blue color.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000186974626.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d401AK5

When I compared it with the stock cable, I didn't expect to hear any differences, but I think I did hear a slight differences between the 2 cables. The **** cable sounds a tad warmer with slightly thicker tonal density around the mids and bass. Just a tad, nothing significant. Out of curiosity I measured them to see if I can see any differences from the measurement.

I use China generic IEC60318-4 coupler (with mic integrated), and RME Babyface Pro for the audio interface. Rode VXLR+ converts the 48V phantom power to 5V plugin power for the condenser mic inside the IEC60318-4 coupler. For software I use REW latest beta version. I have done quite a lot of measurement with this setup, with small Silicone ear tips and proper insertion I could get less than 0.1 dB level matching between insertions. That means for the same driver, the level at reference point (in this case I use 1kHz instead of 500Hz) is pretty consistent between insertions and measurements. I usually do around 3 times measurement and re-insertion for the same driver to check consistency. So for example when I see the 1kHz level like 0.2 dB different between left and right channels, it is the difference in left and right channel matching and less of the insertion error.

I measured the **** cable (silver-blue) and the stock cable (black), the FR looks very2 close between the cables, so we can say FR is practically the same between the cables.

TFZ T2 Left Channel **** (light blue) and Stock cables (dark blue and light purple) - 2 measurement each cable:

TFZ T2 Left Channel **** (Yellow and Orange) and Stock cables (Red) - 2 measurement each cable:

TFZ T2 Left Channel with stock cable - Left and Right channel matching - 2 measurement each channel:

So FR wise no different between stock and **** cable.

But I notice the following differences in 1kHz level when I matched it to 95 dB SPL:

TFZ T2 Stock Cable Left: -18.90 dBFS
TFZ T2 Stock Cable Right: -19.50 dBFS

TFZ T2 **** Cable Left: -19.20 dBFS
TFZ T2 **** Cable Right: -19.80 dBFS

Those are the level setting of the generator in the REW. As we can see that with **** cable I have to set around 0.3 dB lower to match level of the stock cable. That means the **** cable is simply 0.3 dB louder than the stock cable, which translates to lower resistance on the **** cable. I haven't measured the resistance of the cables, but this is good enough for me to see that both cables do have measurable differences.
As far as i know that brand is banned on this site!

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #3,386 of 9,086
It is kinda wonky but both **** and Kinboofi are sub brands of you know what. You can say it is the rebrands of a NiceHCK cable. No real harm in it. But it is what it is. I personally own a grip of their cables and they are all good imo.

Those cables are solid value for the price. I did a review of the NiceHCK version which all turned out to be good cables. The OEM company that makes those are making all sorts of different color combinations. They are all the same however. Mostly made of copper a bit of silver in there.

I bet the silver coating on a lot of these cheaper cables are more silver paint with 5% real silver in it. lol. That wouldnt surprise me. Then you can say it is a silver plating.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #3,387 of 9,086
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #3,388 of 9,086
So I have a bit of tip for guys that own both mmcx and 2 pin variety of earphones.
10387676_thumb.jpg

So while these adapters work well to convert or trying out cables of the opposite type. When I was doing my review of the ISN C4 last night. I tried the 2 pin to mmx adapter for the first time and I have to say this configuration is not so good and here is why.
10388795_thumb.jpg

The 2 pin to mmcx adapters works good enough and I think for testing purposed does the job however. Look at how long that sits on the earphones. They end up being a bit too long on the iems. The mmcx to 2pin on the other hand works much better. A bit shorter by a good 3-4mm which ends up actually being usable if you want to use it that way.
10385825_thumb.jpg
This actually works for normal use.

So basically my point in this post. If you have a lot of iems in MMCX and lesser in 2 pin. Your better off buying cables in mmcx and then using a 2 pin to try out with your 2 pin iems vs visa versa. There is no possible way I would use the cable shown above with my IT04. That is an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #3,389 of 9,086
@Dsnuts . Agreed with the adapters. I bought some to use 2pin cables with my IT04. Too unwieldy. I might be restricting myself but I have more high quality 2 pin cables and iems than mmcx. Unconsciously I shy away from mmcx or 0.75mm 2 pin iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back