Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3,346 of 9,182
reading this thread alot lately

im going for 175 cable 8c, and i wanna have (if any) some discounts, i read someone here you can do that by using "Hakuzen's" name, how exactly am i gonna do that, do they give discounted links or coupons?
just use "hakuzen" or "head-fi" words in the notes of the cable (together with your plugs choices) when making the order.
use the coupons from the store, plus aliexpress coupon if you have it (for example, "friday10" to get $10 off during black friday), set "other payment" or "bank transfer" payment method, make the order, but don't pay it.
the seller will adjust the total price, applying a 10% off over the total (except shipping costs).
once adjusted, you can pay the order.
you can also message them instead of adding the words in the item notes.

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,347 of 9,182
these impressions match mines about cable 198. huge bass, good for bassheads or for those who seek for a warmer tilt in their combos. this increases the chance of both cables using same wire. although there is a large difference in the quality of their plugs (besides of price).

always i see a wire of 4 cores * 63 strands copper, dunno it will be like cable 125 wire, or like cable 065 (jcally) wire. cable 125 is supposed single crystal / high purity occ copper, and cable 065 is supposed 5n ofc, and there is a night and day difference.
ISN C4 is advertised as single crystal copper; i don't own it, but guess it could be very similar to 125. i haven't got DM6 either, but based on impressions and measurements of DM6, i think 125 / ISN C4 would be a good copper election, in the $60 range. black background and great bass.
a bit more expensive ($75 range) would be cable 170 (cema electro acousti up-occ copper litz), bigger soundstage and better plugs. a bit tighter bass, but i think DM6 is also well served of bass. highs are a bit tamed but not swallowed, they keep good detail. higher resistance, but not much difference considering your DAP has got 1ohm output impedance.
and a bit more expensive ($85 range), cable 210 (nicehck oalloy up-occ copper & silver alloy, litz), same soundstage than 170, worse plugs and even higher resistance, but i love the bass with this cable, and the silver component keeps airy and detailed, while smooth, treble.

anyway, tonal perception differences between cables are subtle. you can obtain more tonal variation by rolling tips (try foams to tame 8-12kHz peaks), by foam/tape mods, or by equalizing, way cheaper. this is why i agree with @battosai. i'd prioritize quality of wire (soundstage, black background), and then tonal perception influence, so a hybrid cable (copper and silver wire) could serve as well as copper for your DM6 (same for T800).

hakuzen, would you recommend the 6N OCC + OCC Silver plating 26AWG Special Offer Headphone Upgrade Line MMCX 0.78MM 2PIN CEMA cable at ~$40 for best under $50 cable?
link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.68333c00MTyAvf&mp=1

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #3,348 of 9,182
just use "hakuzen" or "head-fi" words in the notes of the cable (together with your plugs choices) when making the order.
use the coupons from the store, plus aliexpress coupon if you have it (for example, "friday10" to get $10 off during black friday), set "other payment" or "bank transfer" payment method, make the order, but don't pay it.
the seller will adjust the total price, applying a 10% off over the total (except shipping costs).
once adjusted, you can pay the order.
you can also message them instead of adding the words in the item notes.

thanks for the super quick reply

anyway bro, love your work, been here like 3 months already

last, wanna ask if you have impressions ( like you said ) on lower end of 183 vs 175

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #3,349 of 9,182
yes. i'd like to listen to music with it longer, but my first impressions were it is my favorite hybrid cable below $50. you don't get the soundstage of up-occ wires, but tonal perception is spot on, balanced and versatile, plus good quality plugs (although the chin slider is loose like in most last not thick 4 cores cables, not a deal breaker, as long as there are several methods to add a tighter slider).

thanks for the super quick reply

anyway bro, love your work, been here like 3 months already

last, wanna ask if you have impressions ( like you said ) on lower end of 183 vs 175
sorry, not yet. i should be sleeping now. i'll try as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #3,350 of 9,182
Longtime thread lurker here, and thinking of picking up a quality cable ... have some questions!

- The price for 210 (Oalloy) cable looks great, but what's the gap between cable 175 (4 core) vs the 210? 175 4 core is $110, while 210 is $90 on Black Friday. They are similar in price - what is recommended?

- Also, what's the gap between the 4 core vs 8 core version of 175 - is it worth just jumping straight to 8 core (since for 8 core, each end will have 1 copper and 1 silver each, while 4 core will have either copper only/silver only)

Edit: also wanted to say thanks for the cables thread @hakuzen - I got the 140 cable after viewing it, which got me into cables!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #3,351 of 9,182
Longtime thread lurker here, and thinking of picking up a quality cable ... have some questions!

- The price for 210 (Oalloy) cable looks great, but what's the gap between cable 175 (4 core) vs the 210? 175 4 core is $110, while 210 is $90 on Black Friday. They are similar in price - what is recommended?

- Also, what's the gap between the 4 core vs 8 core version of 175 - is it worth just jumping straight to 8 core (since for 8 core, each end will have 1 copper and 1 silver each, while 4 core will have either copper only/silver only)

Edit: also wanted to say thanks for the cables thread @hakuzen - I got the 140 cable after viewing it, which got me into cables!
210 (oalloy) bass perception has amazed me and overall it's comparable to any of the best up-occ cables in my list.
but i still prefer 175, near to 210 bass perception, but incomparable excellent upper-mids and highs: soundstage depth, layering, most detailed ringing decay. besides of quality of plugs.

no problem with 4 cores if using balanced termination, because analog sound, all frequencies, travel through both wires, positive and negative (inverted positive). no differences.
i've not tried this with single-end termination (positive and ground signals); to me, guess the material used for positive signal would have more influence in this case, but i've heard impressions from other head-fiers who tried it and already notice the mix.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #3,352 of 9,182
So this is a bit of a heads up. I was browsing Campfire audios site which is currently having a B stock sable. They are selling a bunch of their cables for cheaper take a look.

Some notable ones. Their standard Litz while it has a memory wire in it which can be taken out is a good solid cable Usually goes for $150 selling for $30. They have a pure silver one going for $49! Good deals on these. https://aloaudio.deals/cables/
The Super Litz is not available...

although the SX8 seems tempeting.. Ship to my country, the price will be not attractive anymore

Nov 25, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #3,353 of 9,182
SX8 is probaly not gonna be better than EA cables at that price. I would skip on those to be honest. Now that pure silver cable for that price is silly. You know it is for real too since it is from alo. Can't believe they have that cable for that price but you have to have a phone that needs better precision and detail for that cable to be worth it but man that is a good price.

Neo cable from penon is comparable but those cost $160. Might tell you guys what kind of deal that cable is.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #3,354 of 9,182
210 (oalloy) bass perception has amazed me and overall it's comparable to any of the best up-occ cables in my list.
but i still prefer 175, near to 210 bass perception, but incomparable excellent upper-mids and highs: soundstage depth, layering, most detailed ringing decay. besides of quality of plugs.

no problem with 4 cores if using balanced termination, because analog sound, all frequencies, travel through both wires, positive and negative (inverted positive). no differences.
i've not tried this with single-end termination (positive and ground signals); to me, guess the material used for positive signal would have more influence in this case, but i've heard impressions from other head-fiers who tried it and already notice the mix.

wait, i understand it as... (in IEMs)

4 cores vs 8 cores on balanced has little to no effect sound? (aside from resistance ofc)

8 cores is a must for single ended (assuming its hybrid like 175)

am i understanding it right in layman terms?

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #3,355 of 9,182
SX8 is probaly not gonna be better than EA cables at that price. I would skip on those to be honest. Now that pure silver cable for that price is silly. You know it is for real too since it is from alo. Can't believe they have that cable for that price but you have to have a phone that needs better precision and detail for that cable to be worth it but man that is a good price.

Neo cable from penon is comparable but those cost $160. Might tell you guys what kind of deal that cable is.
You got some point... I used to love Ref8... it sounded good for me with SOLARIS, although with alot of weakness, like stiff and microphonic.
Now, I stuck again with the same character cable with BRISE.. but if sounds great then I try to compromise it..

Anyway... was doing AB for my headphone... somehow.... 179 still my cup of tea... ooo well...
20191123_110038.jpg
For sure, Sound Emphasize will not affect alot for headphone, like Hakuzen once told me, About Impedance and Dynamic driver...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,356 of 9,182
So this is a bit of a heads up. I was browsing Campfire audios site which is currently having a B stock sable. They are selling a bunch of their cables for cheaper take a look.

Some notable ones. Their standard Litz while it has a memory wire in it which can be taken out is a good solid cable Usually goes for $150 selling for $30. They have a pure silver one going for $49! Good deals on these. https://aloaudio.deals/cables/
You had me at pure silver at $49Screenshot_20191126-122504_Gmail.jpg

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #3,357 of 9,182

I checked out the link but when adding a cable to the cart to see the shipping price I couldn't see the cart? It was a blank window. Weird.

PS: Shipping cost is almost $29 for one cable. Lol. Enjoy your expensive cables.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #3,359 of 9,182
I checked out the link but when adding a cable to the cart to see the shipping price I couldn't see the cart? It was a blank window. Weird.

PS: I just tried again after seeing someones purchase post, and nothing still.
I was running into similar problems with Internet Explorer and things not displaying on AE (and other sites as well) - using Google Chrome solved those problems.

So you may want to try another browser if the problem persists with whichever you are using now.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back