Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 23, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #3,286 of 9,182
This is the other copper cable Papri sells. A 16 core OCC cable will be on sale for $85 during black Friday sales.
HTB1vkaEclmWBuNkSndVq6AsApXaX.jpg

These guys sell gold plated IEM cables that cost $699. Lol.

This is new from them as well an SPC version
HTB1YzvhoBDH8KJjSszcq6zDTFXad.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #3,287 of 9,182
Noted... another. question... According to the spec, it used Silver foil... Is it that the same as DD? going to have high resistance?
this kind of termination adapters use egger hard resin as shell (harder and more durable than other plastic adapters), solder with silver (mundorf or similar), gold plated copper contacts (round and solid).
the silver and gold foils you mention is only a decoration in type B, they aren't used to conduct anything. they only affect to look.
resistance of this kind of adapters is around 1.5mOhm (short mmcx/2pins ones). this one, mmcx/2pin to 3.5mm, is around 3mOhm, due to longer plug.
so you can use it with total confidence

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,288 of 9,182
@hakuzen i just read your cable 183 short review when browsing electro acoustis shop.
this really sounds like a great cable that offers the highlights of 175 more bass and 174 clarity!
Actually like a good mix of both and great for vocals.

Ahh damned i guess ill get it for christmas. This sounds like a great addition :wink:
feels like collecting Pokemon .. Gotta catch them all...
yes, cable 183 (up-occ gold plated silver cores + up-occ silver99%gold1%AgAu alloy cores) is same top quality than 174 and 175.
gold plated silver wire provides fuller bass than AgAu wire, but in a different manner than copper in cable 175.
i have to do further AB to find which bass i prefer, 183 or 175. overall, i feel tonality perception is very similar with both.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #3,289 of 9,182
Thanks for view on this! I guess thats a reason for me to get this cable!
i love the round Sound of 175 but it lacks the extra detail from pure silver...And it looks awesome! i guess with red sandlewood splitter and plug it looks amazing like i saw on some photos.
I guess i should contact electro acousti in some weeks.

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #3,291 of 9,182
C4 is a good deal for the quality. I did a cable to cable comparison using 2 of the same phones. A good way to test a cable against another is if you have 2 of the same earphones. In my case is it is the NiceHCK NX7. One with the C4 and one with the Fiery cable. On a few of the tracks the C4 was right there with the much more expensive Fiery. I think bass is very similar on the two. It was only when a slower vocal track came on that I was able to tell the difference.

This tells me the C4 is a very capable copper cable. It wasn't too behind from the Fiery cable which was surprising to me. The only way folks are gonna know that is if you did exactly what I did last night. Imaging is better on the Fiery but again it isn't as evident as you would imagine. For less than half the price of the Fiery you get about 90% of the sonic quality of it in the C4 so that is the very definition of a bang for buck cable.

I noticed on bassier tracks it is very identical. Well recorded tracks with vocals and acoustics is where you can tell the minor differences.

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #3,293 of 9,182
Highest recommend is the Oalloy Cable 210 but if that is a bit spendy for you. Will be around $97ish during black Friday sales . Go for the ISN C4 on Penon audio site.

I took a brief listen to this cable as well. One of the budget cables on Penon

I have an LZ cable that looks almost exactly the same and NiceHCK makes a brown copper 8 core cable that looks similar. Looks identical but this cable is better to my ears at $35. This one is solid for the price as well. Penon is surprising seems like they have been making bang for buck cables on their site for a long time and it is the one company we have not really addressed here on the thread. From the 4 cables I got from them. These guys are pros in every sense of the word.

Excellent cables. And I do believe ISN cables are only sold on their site. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #3,294 of 9,182
I went a bit crazy during the 11.11 sale an ordered a bunch of cables, in addition to my existing cables.

Now I can optimize my IEMs...

I think I am going to do the following:

ZS-10 Pro gets NiceHCK C-16-3 Copper Cable, or KZ Gold/Silver Mixed plated Upgrade cable with Type C

V80 gets NiceHCK 8-Core Silver Plated Cable, or Newest TRN Copper and Silver Mixed Updated Cable, or TRN T2 Silver Plated

V90 gets TRN T2 16-core Silver-plated Upgrade Cable, or the 'TRN Silver Plated Cable' that shipped free with it on 11.11 from LuckLZ

ZS7 gets blue 16-core High Purity Silver Plated Cable or NiceHCK 16-core Silver Plated Cable

That leaves a bunch of spare NiceHCK 8-core and 16-core MMCX copper cables, which I could use with my Tin Audio T2 or CNT-1.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #3,295 of 9,182
So I think I just discovered something. This is my recent Papri 8 core cable as you guys know.
HTB1jP7hayzxK1RkSnaVq6xn9VXa3.jpg

Looks amazingly similar to Electro acoustis version. Shown here. Different lighting so they have a darker shade but looks identical
H313ee763450c4c939572ef5b473ba1f7K.jpg

In fact I was looking at the core weave and how it is constructed.
HTB1z02PVQvoK1RjSZFwq6AiCFXaR.jpg

Check out elctro acoustis cable structure on their page here. click on their 8 core version.
Looks exactly the same as electro acoustis. I bet they are the same cables.

However here is the crazy thing. Papri sells theirs for $100 or so during sales. Price I got mines for. Electo acousti sells theirs for $233 for their 8 core version. Suspiciously similar in build and material, Identical actually. Supposed to be a special tuning version? Structure looks exactly and I mean exactly the same. No way of knowing if they are the same cables but.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #3,296 of 9,182
So I think I just discovered something. This is my recent Papri 8 core cable as you guys know.
HTB1jP7hayzxK1RkSnaVq6xn9VXa3.jpg

Looks amazingly similar to Electro acoustis version. Shown here. Different lighting so they have a darker shade but looks identical
H313ee763450c4c939572ef5b473ba1f7K.jpg

In fact I was looking at the core weave and how it is constructed.
HTB1z02PVQvoK1RjSZFwq6AiCFXaR.jpg

Check out elctro acoustis cable structure on their page here. click on their 8 core version.
Looks exactly the same as electro acoustis. I bet they are the same cables.

However here is the crazy thing. Papri sells theirs for $100 or so during sales. Price I got mines for. Electo acousti sells theirs for $233 for their 8 core version. Suspiciously similar in build and material, Identical actually. Supposed to be a special tuning version? Structure looks exactly and I mean exactly the same. No way of knowing if they are the same cables but.
Maybe our cable god @hakuzen can confirm that?

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #3,297 of 9,182
It is just speculation in my part but the one thing I know about aleixpress. If it looks the same than.. Well you know. The cost difference is huge however. Who knows maybe I am completely wrong and I could be. Litz structure is gonna be similar among cables but just a gut feeling I have. If I am right. That just means the Papri cable I bought is a bit of a good deal.

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #3,298 of 9,182
What is the difference between tfz and qdc connector and what about the nx7 connector. Is there somewhere a difference in polarity ? Iam looking for a cable for my blon but dont want a 2 pin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back