Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #2,311 of 9,086
I use a mixed (copper+spc) cable and it has more highs than copper but less than pure SPC. Same for the bass. It has more body than SPC but less than pure copper. Both ends are more extended but in a more shy way.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #2,312 of 9,086
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #2,313 of 9,086
EDIT: bad link

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #2,314 of 9,086
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #2,315 of 9,086
Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #2,316 of 9,086
Ok folks, I need your opinion with my quest to find aftermarket cables for TFZ No.3. I am looking for an after market cable with a flush fit, looks good, and it would be a bonus if there was a sound difference. I tried cables with C pin ends, mmcx to 2 pin adapter, and QDC adapter. It's getting to be an expensive and time consuming journey looking for a cable I would enjoy. I am now considering a 2 pin cable that would fit on the CCAC16. I am considering option 1, option 2, or option 3. Can other TFZ No.3 owners share their thoughts, photos of what their after market cable looks like, links to their cable, or any info would be very helpful. I gotta give a shout out to @hakuzen, @Slater, and everyone else here in this thread for their very informative info.

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,317 of 9,086
that description sounds like the 16 core Jcally gold cable I used with my KZ ZS10 Pro and I love it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_60
is this a mixed cable or just copper?
This is alloy plated copper. the alloy is gold colored.
16 cores cables from nicehck use better plugs, and probably better plating material in the case of plated copper ones.

Ok folks, I need your opinion with my quest to find aftermarket cables for TFZ No.3. I am looking for an after market cable with a flush fit, looks good, and it would be a bonus if there was a sound difference. I tried cables with C pin ends, mmcx to 2 pin adapter, and QDC adapter. It's getting to be an expensive and time consuming journey looking for a cable I would enjoy. I am now considering a 2 pin cable that would fit on the CCAC16. I am considering option 1, option 2, or option 3. Can other TFZ No.3 owners share their thoughts, photos of what their after market cable looks like, links to their cable, or any info would be very helpful. I gotta give a shout out to @hakuzen, @Slater, and everyone else here in this thread for their very informative info.
Remember TFZ No.3 "QDC" plug has some angles, you might need to shave the angles off to fit some QDC adapters. Check @Slater and other head-fier experience and comments in this thread.
The three options you linked to are in my List of cables (please use some time to surf around it). You can find option 2 below $30 in other shops (it's identical cable, I got both). From the three, I'd say option 3 is the best one overall, sound + comfort wise.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #2,318 of 9,086

Can confirm that @hakuzen is correct that some cables cannot fit my TFZ No. 3 (namely KZ para C type and JC Ally cables).
This is @Slater 's post on this previously: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-135#post-15064584
Very helpful advise from him.

Personally I stay with the stock cable or use a NICEHCK 8 core copper wire with it (the connector sticks up a bit, but it is useable).

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #2,319 of 9,086
@hakuzen and others...

Is there a way to add memory to the cable afterwards ?
Like some material which one can bend around the cable ?
Both cable i bought are perfect but i wonder how it goes without memory
with the ZK SZ6!

Greetings from Germany and thanks for all the help!
Matthias

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #2,320 of 9,086
@hakuzen and others...

Is there a way to add memory to the cable afterwards ?
Like some material which one can bend around the cable ?
Both cable i bought are perfect but i wonder how it goes without memory
with the ZK SZ6!

Greetings from Germany and thanks for all the help!
Matthias
You could add a heatshrink tube afterwards (the minimum diameter to pass through the mmcx/2pins plug): use a mold to give the desired form (like the carton tube of an aluminum roll, for example) and use a heat gun or hairdresser to shrink the tube. I managed to re-form shrinked guides by applying hand force while heating them.
I usually don't need the ear guides, but some people prefer them.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #2,321 of 9,086
Have you researched and studied hakuzen's incredible body of work in this thread? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/

Post 2 (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/#post-14985614) summarizes the critical parameters including core counts, material used, colors available, and various connector options. Further down the page you will find pictures and links of where to buy these cables.

Yes, it will take some of your time to dig through all this great information but it is a learning opportunity as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim.
Thanks for your reply. I've looked through the links you've provided. A LOT of information to digest. What these links don't seem to convey (for a lack of a better word) is bendability. I like to wind up my cables super tight, and eventually they don't go back to their original straight shape. I.e., the wire remains slightly bent in certain spots.
I want a cable that's light, supple to touch (not metallic feeling), but can easily bend (like it's made of cloth) yet not remember the bend afterward. Basically, I want a shoelace :)
Do you own a cable like that?

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,322 of 9,086
Can confirm that @hakuzen is correct that some cables cannot fit my TFZ No. 3 (namely KZ para C type and JC Ally cables).
This is @Slater 's post on this previously: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-135#post-15064584
Very helpful advise from him.

Personally I stay with the stock cable or use a NICEHCK 8 core copper wire with it (the connector sticks up a bit, but it is useable).
Jcally has a cable config they call KZ TFZ 0,78mm that fits the no.3 but it sticks out quite a bit.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,323 of 9,086
20190822_154940.jpg

As you can see there is a bit of plastic that is sticking out, no problem with the sound just makes the connection a bit "wiggly" feels insecure to use outside and also due to the extra lenght it makes the ear hook stick up on your ear.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #2,324 of 9,086
I just dug through this thread looking for recommendations for 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cables, and didn't have much luck. I'm looking for a relatively thin cable about 4-5 feet in length (1.5m). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,325 of 9,086
Hi Tim.
Thanks for your reply. I've looked through the links you've provided. A LOT of information to digest. What these links don't seem to convey (for a lack of a better word) is bendability. I like to wind up my cables super tight, and eventually they don't go back to their original straight shape. I.e., the wire remains slightly bent in certain spots.
I want a cable that's light, supple to touch (not metallic feeling), but can easily bend (like it's made of cloth) yet not remember the bend afterward. Basically, I want a shoelace :)
Do you own a cable like that?
Hey DimitriSF - I started reading these threads to help me decide which cable (or cables) to buy but I haven't done that yet. So I can't answer your questions directly without speculating. If you see some you are interested in from the other attributes (looks, wire material, connectors, etc) you could then try to search for more detailed reviews that several members have been so kind to provide and see if they have more details or ask that reviewer.

I do like your ideas of a soft, flexible cable with a cloth/cloth-like outer layer - but that would preclude being able to see the fine wire strands inside that appears to be popular.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back