Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 17, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,471 of 9,182
cable 125 is very decent, specially if you need to keep resistance low. it uses protruding 2pins plugs.

sound with 165 impressed me, despite of its resistance.
@subwoof3r found cables with similar wire (same manufacturer, taiwan, neotech? up-occ) and 2pins for recessed sockets available at a recent shop in ae.. they are 28awg (expect 300mOhm resistance, a bit high for my taste).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32999961682.html (no litz version)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1000007909452.html (litz version, even better probably, darker background) cable 170 (new) in my list (i've just ordered one).

anyway, you might wait a bit, to see if more cables using that kind of wire and 2pins plugs start to show in ae, or to take advantage of ae coupons during sales.

How are they with communicating? I like the look of the blue plugs but I'm worried if I buy one and just leave a note it will be ignored.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #1,472 of 9,182
How are they with communicating? I look the look of the blue plugs but I'm worried if I buy one and just leave a note it will be ignored.
they answered my messages very quickly (guess if you try to message them at their night, you'll have to wait a few hours). fluent communication. cable shipped in two days.

May 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,473 of 9,182
Looking for a good, lightweight, non-memory wire A2DC cable for ATH-LS200s...anyone have suggestions?

May 17, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #1,474 of 9,182
The next cable I buy will be the last one so I have decided to go balanced even though I don’t have a source with Balance out atm - Planning ahead.
Does anyone have experience of following DUNU adapter for converting 2.5mm balanced to regular 3.5mm out ?

Seems very reasonable and more robust than pigtail versions that I’m not fond of.

Dunu DC-12 DC-16 DC-11 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female 6.35-3.5 / 4.4-2.5 Plug Adapter for Music Player Balanced earphone AMP DAC
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bWELlD5q

E3B23CF5-5180-4D38-8434-210C36D156C9.jpeg

@hakuzen Your no. 1 cable 165 has me salivating from your recent comparison of your favourites. Trying very hard to hold back till next big sale.

Have you got around to trying the similar looking silver plated 28AWG litz version ?

High Quality NICEHCK 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced MMCX Connector 7N UPOCC Silver Plated Cable For SE846 LZ A6/A5 NICEHCK M6/EBX/NK10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bQidOtdO

82ACCE1C-E60F-48BB-8592-DE61CEB16C99.jpeg

I’m looking to pair with DM6 - mine has become sibilant free and I Now prefer the terrible supplied sparklier SPC cable to the BGVP OCC I purchased.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #1,475 of 9,182
yes, i think it cracked when pulling out from a cable. it's a vertical crack all height long, but the adapter is working perfectly. aesthetics issue. black ones are ok, although i've used them shorter.
i'd also go for penon ones. shorter length is a great advantage, and thinner pins can also be more versatile.

stock length is a bit short for me, when carrying the dap into my pocket (yep, i'm tall)
Most cables that you purchase are the longer type , right ?

May 18, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #1,476 of 9,182
The next cable I buy will be the last one so I have decided to go balanced even though I don’t have a source with Balance out atm - Planning ahead.
Does anyone have experience of following DUNU adapter for converting 2.5mm balanced to regular 3.5mm out ?

Seems very reasonable and more robust than pigtail versions that I’m not fond of.

Dunu DC-12 DC-16 DC-11 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female 6.35-3.5 / 4.4-2.5 Plug Adapter for Music Player Balanced earphone AMP DAC
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bWELlD5q

@hakuzen Your no. 1 cable 165 has me salivating from your recent comparison of your favourites. Trying very hard to hold back till next big sale.

Have you got around to trying the similar looking silver plated 28AWG litz version ?

High Quality NICEHCK 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced MMCX Connector 7N UPOCC Silver Plated Cable For SE846 LZ A6/A5 NICEHCK M6/EBX/NK10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bQidOtdO

I’m looking to pair with DM6 - mine has become sibilant free and I Now prefer the terrible supplied sparklier SPC cable to the BGVP OCC I purchased.
i've not tried that dunu adapter. measured resistance of other straight and L shape adapters from other brands. link is in my list of cables post.

litz version of 165 wire (silver plated or pure copper) is thinner (28awg vs 26awg), but manufacturer/distributor affirms you get even darker background with litz version.
so i've ordered a 2pins version of 28awg up-occ litz not silver plated (neotech?) cable for moondrop blessing here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1000007909452.html (cable 170 in my list).
nicehck and other sellers only sell mmcx versions (amazing mmcx plugs, btw), and only silver plated or true copper and silver plated mixed versions of this 28awg litz wire (btw, copper and silver plated threads in mixed version are mixed into same core, like i prefer).
depending of the result of this new 28awg litz up-occ cable, i'll might try the copper and silver plated mixed version, or i'll wait for 8 cores version of this kind of wire.

Most cables that you purchase are the longer type , right ?
have to assume stock length of the cables regularly. when custom length available, like in some cables 133 (gu), i choose from 1.30m to 1.50m

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,477 of 9,182
i've not tried that dunu adapter. measured resistance of other straight and L shape adapters from other brands. link is in my list of cables post.

litz version of 165 wire (silver plated or pure copper) is thinner (28awg vs 26awg), but manufacturer/distributor affirms you get even darker background with litz version.

Wow 170 looks absolutely beautiful in detail.

Litz cables being darker in nature means lower frequencies will possibly come through stronger than higher ? I’m hoping to bring some sparkle and air with next cable - just short of sibilance.

According to the description of the NiceHCK UPOCC silver plated cable I linked it is in fact 28AWG.
Maybe it’s not exact 165 match ?

1D5349E4-D2C3-400D-89BD-FC0C0E3F3433.jpeg

May 18, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,478 of 9,182

so i've ordered a 2pins version of 28awg up-occ litz not silver plated (neotech?) cable for moondrop blessing here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1000007909452.html (cable 170 in my list).
nicehck and other sellers only sell mmcx versions (amazing mmcx plugs, btw), and only silver plated or true copper and silver plated mixed versions of this 28awg litz wire (btw, copper and silver plated threads in mixed version are mixed into same core, like i prefer).
depending of the result of this new 28awg litz up-occ cable, i'll might try the copper and silver plated mixed version, or i'll wait for 8 cores version of this kind of wire.

have to assume stock length of the cables regularly. when custom length available, like in some cables 133 (gu), i choose from 1.30m to 1.50m

So usually is stock length and I’m unlucky enough to get a longer one ?

May 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #1,479 of 9,182
Wow 170 looks absolutely beautiful in detail.
Litz cables being darker in nature means lower frequencies will possibly come through stronger than higher ? I’m hoping to bring some sparkle and air with next cable - just short of sibilance.
According to the description of the NiceHCK UPOCC silver plated cable I linked it is in fact 28AWG.
Maybe it’s not exact 165 match ?
you can find 165 cable at nicehck (link provided in my list) and at 2 other shops. it's 26AWG up-occ COPPER NO LITZ.
the other same style up-occ cables you can find at nicehck (like the one you linked to) and at 2 other shops, are 28AWG (thinner, expect 300mOhm) up-occ SILVER PLATED or SILVER PLATED+COPPER (mixed in each core) LITZ (independent shield/enamel of every thread in the core) . you'll probably get darker background (lower noise) with litz; it means slightly less noise, better definition, separation, and imaging. no tonal difference. if you feel more sparkle and air with this cable, guess it's due to silver plated copper vs copper, not to litz.
cable 170 is 28AWG up-occ COPPER LITZ, and uses other type of jack and plugs.
cable 165 showed darker background than 125. 170 could show even darker background, but it has higher resistance. the cable from your link should be very similar than 170, except of silver plated copper vs copper.

So usually is stock length and I’m unlucky enough to get a longer one ?
usual stock length is 120cm; sometimes it includes jack & plugs length, sometime it doesn't. and consider a +-5cm error. sometimes you get a 115cm cable, sometimes a 125 one.
if you mean cable 165, specs say "Line Length: 1.1m-1.2m". mine is 117cm, jack & plugs included (112cm, after subtracting 4cm jack, and 1cm mmcx plug).
cable 170 specs say length ~125cm (expect longer cable than 165)

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,480 of 9,182
you can find 165 cable at nicehck (link provided in my list) and at 2 other shops. it's 26AWG up-occ COPPER NO LITZ.
the other same style up-occ cables you can find at nicehck (like the one you linked to) and at 2 other shops, are 28AWG (thinner, expect 300mOhm)

Sorry i just figured out that American higher AWG values mean thinner wire : o

What you have been advising Makes more sense now.

May 19, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #1,481 of 9,182
Try some good GPC with your DM6. You'll have better results then SPC or hybrid. I had FAW hybrid and it wasn't it. SPC (even stock) is not bad, good copper also, but still not near to GPC with them

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1,482 of 9,182
So, I bought the cable #130, as per the suggestions here. It works great with my custom Fearless S8F. Seems to make the already sensitive S8F, even more sensitive. So much so that, I have to apply -12 dB digital gain on my ES100, and even then it is near the lowest volume in the ES100. Good build quality; however, one issue is that the connection with the earplug is not as tight (as the stock cables), the earplugs' connection is a bit loose, especially on the left side. (had the same problem with Kanas Pro as well) Anyone else facing this issue? Any suggestions to make them tighter?

Thanks to this thread for the recommendation. :)

Here are a few pics of the cable:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,483 of 9,182
So, I bought the cable #130, as per the suggestions here. It works great with my custom Fearless S8F. Seems to make the already sensitive S8F, even more sensitive. So much so that, I have to apply -12 dB digital gain on my ES100, and even then it is near the lowest volume in the ES100. Good build quality; however, one issue is that the connection with the earplug is not as tight (as the stock cables), the earplugs' connection is a bit loose, especially on the left side. (had the same problem with Kanas Pro as well) Anyone else facing this issue? Any suggestions to make them tighter?

Thanks to this thread for the recommendation. :)

Here are a few pics of the cable:

your issue might be related to 130 2pins plugs are not protruding one, while kanas pro and fearless s8f sockets are recessed.
to get a tighter and more secure fit with recessed sockets, you'd need protruding 2pins, like found in cables 125 or 170, for example

May 19, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #1,484 of 9,182
your issue might be related to 130 2pins plugs are not protruding one, while kanas pro and fearless s8f sockets are recessed.
to get a tighter and more secure fit with recessed sockets, you'd need protruding 2pins, like found in cables 125 or 170, for example

Thanks. You are right, that should be the issue. It is reassuring to know that it is not the problem with the cable. I've anyway ordered the balanced cable from the Nicehck, which seems to be protruding. Hope those prove to be a good fit with the S8F's :) . (Not sure about the cable #, but it is the one which dsnuts mentioned in post #2)

May 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,485 of 9,182
Sorry i just figured out that American higher AWG values mean thinner wire : o
What you have been advising Makes more sense now.
if you plan to try 28awg litz version, i'd go for these ones, because i have some doubts about one of the wires used in the cable you linked to:
silver plated copper version, full silver color, not at nicehck but found at other shops.
copper+silver plated coppper version (mixed inside each core), even better (higher chance of getting true litz wire)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32994248213.html nicehck
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32997399146.html vs audio (nicehck)
also found in other shops

Thanks. You are right, that should be the issue. It is reassuring to know that it is not the problem with the cable. I've anyway ordered the balanced cable from the Nicehck, which seems to be protruding. Hope those prove to be a good fit with the S8F's :) . (Not sure about the cable #, but it is the one which dsnuts mentioned in post #2)
yep, that cable uses protruding 2pins plugs. it's cable 053 in my list. worse quality in every aspect than 130, but very low resistance as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back